PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Quest - Arcade change suggestion

rottmeister
06-20-2019, 11:52 AM
It's fairly obvious that the difficulty of the weekly quests has been lowered A LOT and I feel like it isn't really a challenge anymore. Sure it's more fun for people like me who'd rather farm the effects and not want to throw away their controller in frustration, but I've seen quite a few people wanting the challenge to return.

So I propose instead of just 1 weekly quest we get 2: 1 of which is for the heroic gear and the same difficulty as it is now and 1 that is for legendary gear and is closer to the 'Disir of Angrboda' quest in terms of difficulty. If the name doesn't ring a bell: The Shaman quest from a while ago.

Why in godsname would anyone play the latter? Well since playing the weekly quests multiple times don't guarantee effect/rewards why not have this one guarantee something everytime you complete it? If you keep playing the same character over and over you'll first get the exclusive effects and then the exclusive outfits, like the tessalated glow outfit (love the color scheme). If you've got everything for that 1 character you'll just get random rewards for other heroes.

I was inspired to make this thread by one of Vendelkin's videos about the Weekly Quests.

Let me know what you think of it.

Vendelkin
06-20-2019, 04:07 PM
I support this thread and am very greatful you made it. And yeah i know my desire for difficult weeklies is kinda a "why in gods name?" Haha but yeah I miss the challenge.

OoKaMi_79
06-20-2019, 10:00 PM
If you want challenge then play random quests gold and green.....leave weekly quest at its current level, people paid real money for the arcade mode and they should be able to get all the exclusive effects, outfits and ornaments. Consider that there are people that want to play with all the characters and it is complex to dominate all the 24 chars to defeat a too hard challenge.

rottmeister
06-20-2019, 10:11 PM
If you want challenge then play random quests gold and green.....leave weekly quest at its current level, people paid real money for the arcade mode and they should be able to get all the exclusive effects, outfits and ornaments. Consider that there are people that want to play with all the characters and it is complex to dominate all the 24 chars to defeat a too hard challenge.

So I propose instead of just 1 weekly quest we get 2: 1 of which is for the heroic gear and the same difficulty as it is now and 1 that is for legendary gear and is closer to the 'Disir of Angrboda' quest in terms of difficulty. If the name doesn't ring a bell: The Shaman quest from a while ago.

I'm literally not asking for a change to the 'current' weekly quests moreso an extra one that is of a much higher difficulty that unlike the weekly quests we have now, guarantee something EVERY time you complete it which is NOT the case right now. After the first time you complete the weekly the drops after are completely RNG so I suggested an EXTRA one that would guarantee drops.

You won't notice a difference at all. It's only for the people who want a challenge and who want to farm rewards.

They've been reusing some older weekly quests already so I don't see the issue.

Vendelkin
06-20-2019, 10:30 PM

I can use the exact rhetoric and turn it around.
Weekly quest should have never been changed! People paid real money for arcade mode and should be able to continue to enjoy the gameplay. Consider that there are people that want difficult challenges and gameplay that is more compelling rather than just cosmetic rewards. People that want an easier time can just play random quests instead!

See how easy that is? Rotts post tho wouldnt remove any of the changes. Everything would still be just as available, it would just give back the challenge I once enjoyed. Also the weekly quests have always been far better designed than the random quests. Randoms can be downright brutal without any theme, story, or practice being allowed cause once you put down the controller you can never return to that specific challenge again.

An alternative would be to allow people to save particularily good random quests they've gotten and then share the seed for them with friends. Thus enabling strategizing and competitions in clear patterns and style for specific challenges.

rottmeister
06-20-2019, 11:15 PM
Weekly quest should have never been changed! People paid real money for arcade mode and should be able to continue to enjoy the gameplay. Consider that there are people that want difficult challenges and gameplay that is more compelling rather than just cosmetic rewards. People that want an easier time can just play random quests instead!

See how easy that is? Rotts post tho wouldnt remove any of the changes. Everything would still be just as available, it would just give back the challenge I once enjoyed. Also the weekly quests have always been far better designed than the random quests. Randoms can be downright brutal without any theme, story, or practice being allowed cause once you put down the controller you can never return to that specific challenge again.

An alternative would be to allow people to save particularily good random quests they've gotten and then share the seed for them with friends. Thus enabling strategizing and competitions in clear patterns and style for specific challenges.

Thanks for having my back and liking my idea!

I've been doing the Weekly Quests over and over with Nuxia (who is probably the most difficult character to use in arcade since bots block her lights and deflect attempts and don't react to traps most of the time) in an attempt to get the Tessalated Wraith outfit and it has been pretty easy so far (sadly haven't got it yet however I did unlock the purple one).

I think it's a problem that random quests are more difficult than the Weekly one considering the weekly guarantees an effect (only on the first completion) and it's supposed to be a challenge.

Your last paragraph made me think of a possible new use for Arcade: What if we could make our own arcade quest and play it / share it with friends / other players?
This way you could test yourself and your friends (or put them through heck which I most likely would do >: D).
Not sure how rewards would work though?
Maybe the longer it takes the higher % you have at gaining an arcade reward? (Is this how it works right now? I have no clue tbh)

OoKaMi_79
06-20-2019, 11:16 PM

The issue is that random quest does not allow people to get the exclusive effects. At the beginning weekly quests only reward us with effects. Random quests could reward with outfits and ornaments. So that is why weekly quests were the only way to get the exclusive effects, and that is why people complain about the difficult.

Now weekly quests can reward us with all the exclusive stuff, but random quests still do not reward with effects.

Rising the difficult again to weekly quests would be fine if they let the random quests reward effects.

So, my point is that there should be a not too hard game mode that allow us to get all the exclusive stuff.

Regards

rottmeister
06-20-2019, 11:22 PM
The issue is that random quest does not allow people to get the exclusive effects. At the beginning weekly quests only reward us with effects. Random quests could reward with outfits and ornaments. So that is why weekly quests were the only way to get the exclusive effects, and that is why people complain about the difficult.

Now weekly quests can reward us with all the exclusive stuff, but random quests still do not reward with effects.

Rising the difficult again to weekly quests would be fine if they let the random quests reward effects.

So, my point is that there should be a not too hard game mode that allow us to get all the exclusive stuff.

Regards

With my suggestion you can keep playing the Weekly Challenges with the Heroic gear recommendation, unlock the effects and notice no difference.

All I'm suggesting is an extra Weekly Quest that would guarantee an item drop every time while the heroic ones only guarantee something on their first completion, which is how it is right now. I'm not changing anything, I'm adding to arcade.

As of right now if you keep replaying the Weekly Quests whether you get a reward or not is completely RNG, so my "change" wouldn't change anything to your gameplay. You'll only see 2 Weekly quests: one of which is for heroic gear and the other, the more difficult one is for Legendary gear.

Imagine this situation:
- You replay the heroic quest 3 times in a row, but you only get 1 effect drop because RNG isn't on your side
- You replay the legendary quest 3 times, you get 3 effect drops because it's guaranteed.

I'm just giving people an option to farm rewards at a higher level. Sure you still can farm the easier weekly quests. I'm doing it right now and I've only gotten an effect and an outfit after replaying it like 7 times or so.

Velentix
06-21-2019, 02:19 AM
Sounds good to me