PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Servers

CobbyJUK
02-23-2010, 01:04 PM
is there any word if there will be dedicated files released?

and that ubi isnt going down the same road as infinity wards with COD MW2 or EA with BFBC2 which either doesnt have dedicated files or only releases them to specific hosts.

I hope that Future Soldier will have dedicated files it will bring the community togeather in my personal opninon instead of segmenting it.

GuZZ33
02-25-2010, 09:38 AM
I doubt there will be dedicated server files or mod tools because how would this work with their new protection service?.

CobbyJUK
02-25-2010, 10:31 AM
that would rearly suck, if there going MMO style like infinitywards, i wornt buy the game, and they will proberly end up with the same response that happend with MW2.

BOTA-16
02-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Dedicated server would work with or without UBI's new DRM. The online authentication would be separate from game itself. Once it authenticates you play your game as normal. Sure it requires a constant internet connection but it wouldn't stop you from connecting to a dedicated server. The type of DRM wouldn't matter whether or not a game supports dedicated servers.

Dedicated server files are usually separate and free downloads not even included on the retail disc/download.

But I have absolutely no hope that UBI will have STAND ALONE DEDICATED SERVER FILES for GR:FS at release and very little hope for them to be released at all.

CyStryker
03-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Dedicated servers are a must. Control over respawns, class numbers, etc should be granted to server admins. I would like to see all wpns available per class and not have to be earned!

Add in: Lean left and right
prone
wpns support on ledge, bolder, wall increased accuracy
slide via GRAW2
Respawn via Bad company 2
PUNKBuster!!!

I loved the original GR.

Without anti effective anti cheat it would be a no buy

Cystryker

Ten24.NarcSgt
07-06-2010, 08:20 AM
When UBI released dedicated server files for last Ghost Recon's......they were very late in doing so......and after they released them they were server hogs so it cost your $100 or $120 a month to rent a server.

Read the old UBI posts on GR to see the info.

BSR_RuGGBuTT
07-07-2010, 09:05 AM
UBI barely supports the PC versions they release. They aren't going to release dedicated server software.

baff6
07-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Zero chance of dedicated servers for this title. It's a console port.

16 players strikes is as quite unlikely too.

Ten24.NarcSgt
07-11-2010, 09:27 AM
And......don't let me get on the topic of the Rainbow Six series like Vegas 2.......left us PC gamers out to dry!

The dedicated server file was bugged out and was never fixed. Third parties designed a crash fix for it that did work a little.

Game bugs were never fixed!

Narc

spm1138
07-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Unless you have a 100% positive statement from Ubisoft that says
"There will be dedicated servers in this at launch" assume there won't be.

Ten24.NarcSgt
07-30-2010, 03:37 PM
No server file...............? Why buy the Pc Version?

OldBota-16
09-26-2010, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by spm1138:
Unless you have a 100% positive statement from Ubisoft that says
"There will be dedicated servers in this at launch" assume there won't be.

I assume that until I see them, regardless of any statements made by UBI.

MikeOrtega
10-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Wont buy the game if there is not dedicated servers... wont worth it.

b1bomber
10-21-2010, 03:42 AM
Well i kinda hoped for server files and so did many other online gamers, but sadly this ended up as a simple "mouse click" onto a next game that allows clans to host their own servers.

oh well moving right along now.....

SWAT09
11-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Ten24.NarcSgt:
And......don't let me get on the topic of the Rainbow Six series like Vegas 2.......left us PC gamers out to dry!

The dedicated server file was bugged out and was never fixed. Third parties designed a crash fix for it that did work a little.

Game bugs were never fixed!

Narc

Well I will agree there! And what about the bots that they put in story mode? and no 4 player story mode.....sucked!