PDA

View Full Version : Which time period do you want for AC Revelations multiplayer?

Rakudaton
05-07-2011, 01:39 PM
So far all we know about the multiplayer for ACR is:

> It exists.
> It has more of a story-oriented approach this time.

But seeing as this game hops between time periods, I was wondering: do people want to see Italian renaissance characters again, or have a new set of chars from the crusades? Personally I like the idea of both, but I'd rather there was a system to prevent them being mixed in matches.

(I don't think this goes in the multiplayer forum, because it's sort of speculation about an unreleased game rather than a specific part of the already existing multiplayer. If it should be in the other forum, my apologies)

Rakudaton
05-07-2011, 01:39 PM
So far all we know about the multiplayer for ACR is:

> It exists.
> It has more of a story-oriented approach this time.

But seeing as this game hops between time periods, I was wondering: do people want to see Italian renaissance characters again, or have a new set of chars from the crusades? Personally I like the idea of both, but I'd rather there was a system to prevent them being mixed in matches.

(I don't think this goes in the multiplayer forum, because it's sort of speculation about an unreleased game rather than a specific part of the already existing multiplayer. If it should be in the other forum, my apologies)

HD RoLoS v
05-07-2011, 02:27 PM
I choosed both because we will play altair and ezio but for multiplayer we could have old istanbul for altair's timeline and new istanbul for ezio's timeline. I know it's not called istanbul but i cant be bothered to spell it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

scope2005
05-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Personally I would like to see characters and maps from both era's.

Providing that the premise of multiplayer is still Abstergo training thier own people with the skills of noteworthy assassins of yesteryear - then it doesnt have to make perfect sense that the doctor or the nobleman can only be played on a renaissance era map, and a knight and saracen can only be played on a medieval map.

For example - "Mount St. Michel" is a rather european medieval style map, it has this feel of "Acre" from AC1 - but it works. The DLC map "Alhambra" looks very much like medieval damascus from AC1 - but the renaissance characters do not look at all out of place.

As renaisance and medieval are not massive worlds apart anyway, the characters can mix and match and wont stick out like they dont belong in that era... Im sure the only people calling out continuity issues would be hardcore historians :P

I say mix and match the characters and maps from both medieval and renaissance!

So it is said - Variety is the spice of life.

Carl_StokieUK
05-08-2011, 05:25 AM
Would there be a problem in having something gamewise in modern day?? So you can hunt Vidic and the modern day templars?

Rakudaton
05-08-2011, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carl_StokieUK:
Would there be a problem in having something gamewise in modern day?? So you can hunt Vidic and the modern day templars? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but in ACR Desmond is trying to fix his subconscious through exploring the animus and such. So really, it's very unlikely they'll have a present-day multiplayer. Besides, it's not as interesting as the other options.

But I should have included the option. Sorry.

freeze131
05-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Apparently this is more story driven, the keyword 'more' would suggest that it's going to be a lot more narrative driven even more so than ACB, which did have a large narrative component for a multiplayer game..

Evan52395
05-08-2011, 09:29 AM
We can have the maps from both periods mixed up and depending on the map it gives us we have a different set of characters to chose from, you know?

I think that'd work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif