PDA

View Full Version : Finnish pilot in museum last weekend....

Heliopause
01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Somebody made the announcement, but the topic is gone now. Was wondering if the pilot was at the museum and if questions were asked and answered about the B-239 and 109's he flew.

Heliopause
01-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Somebody made the announcement, but the topic is gone now. Was wondering if the pilot was at the museum and if questions were asked and answered about the B-239 and 109's he flew.

Plelv44_Mangrov
01-24-2007, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Heliopause:
Somebody made the announcement, but the topic is gone now. Was wondering if the pilot was at the museum and if questions were asked and answered about the B-239 and 109's he flew. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Mr. Pokela was at the museum last Saturday. He told his career at the FiAF and flying with B-239 and Bf-109G.

I asked him about the propeller pitch and he said that they sometime used the manual selection of pitch.

The first time he saw B-239 was on 28th March 1940 when two flew over him. Everyone (the future pilots) though how great it would be to flew that!

The whole event was recorded into video and the transcription should be available "soon".

BGs_Ricky
01-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Great news, I'm looking forward to read the interview ! Paljon kiitoksia to share it with us !http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BSS_AIJO
01-24-2007, 07:42 AM
Sweet,

I am looking forward to it as well.

BSS_AIJO

Heliopause
01-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Transcription would be great!!
I made a reply last saturday containing some questions for the man...were my questions picked-up?