PDA

View Full Version : Question abou radio

Joaoperru
04-11-2005, 07:49 AM
What do the 3 orders you can give to the radioman do?
To the first of them (can't remember the name) i always get answered "no radio massages recieved".
The second "report contact" means you report a contact you've just made? Nothing have ever happened when i gave this one.
The third is patrol report and it works just fine...

What is the meaning of the other two? Are they useful? Do they work?

Thanks friends

Joaoperru
04-11-2005, 07:49 AM
What do the 3 orders you can give to the radioman do?
To the first of them (can't remember the name) i always get answered "no radio massages recieved".
The second "report contact" means you report a contact you've just made? Nothing have ever happened when i gave this one.
The third is patrol report and it works just fine...

What is the meaning of the other two? Are they useful? Do they work?

Thanks friends

axeman3d
04-11-2005, 08:26 AM
You will occasionally receive messages telling you if a convoy has been spotted within 1500km of your position so that you can rush to it and have fun, so this is what the first button will re-tell you if you miss it the first time. No message, then no repeat message.

The second button sends a contact report to the BdU, and if it's a convoy then a message such as is mentioned in the first section would be sent out. No use to you since the game has no AI subs, but what it will do is send that smae message to any airbases within striking range, and if they can reach the convoy they will strike it from the air. This depends on a number of factors, such as being in range of a German held airbase(1500km max), skill of the airbase, type of aircraft they have and the range it has. If they have no aircraft that can reach your position before dark, then no help will come. If you're in the Med or the Channel/North Sea and call in a contact during daylight, chances are some Luftwaffe bombers will come and cause havoc.

Last is the patrol report, and as you say it works just fine. I send a report in after every engagement, just cause I'm a bit anal.

GT182
04-11-2005, 08:46 AM
If you send reports you should get one back from BDU and you will hear and see "Message Received Sir". Press M key to see the reports you send and receive. Click on them to read.