PDA

View Full Version : 3.04

HotelBushranger
01-22-2005, 09:30 AM
What exactly is the new things included in the new patch? I think I could hear some new sounds, and perhaps added recoil, or that could just be my dodgy stick http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Cheers

HotelBushranger
01-22-2005, 09:30 AM
What exactly is the new things included in the new patch? I think I could hear some new sounds, and perhaps added recoil, or that could just be my dodgy stick http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Cheers

VW-IceFire
01-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Noticable changes? Less visual distortions on airfields than before (obviously the "fix" for ATI users that they talked about).

I find aircraft tend to break apart easier. Seems to help some weapons that were kind of weak before. But the jury is still out.

Things are otherwise unchanged and working normally. Still, I'll take it as an incremental upgrade...the game is running VERY smoothly for me now with no problems (touch wood) so I'm very pleased.

Tallyho1961
01-22-2005, 10:47 AM
From the ReadMe:

Main modifications and fixes

FM and aircraft performance

1. Corrected take off acceleration of the carrier based aircraft. Now it is easier to take off with the fully loaded aircraft.
2. Tuned maximal speed of F2A.

Other improvements:

In the new il2core and il2core_P4 DLLs, included in this patch, released the fixes of some glitches on ATI cards.

heywooood
01-22-2005, 11:03 AM
I will tell you that my framerates were increased dramatically after 3.04m installed...

I dont know how or why and i dont care....but I was able to increase resolution AND get higher rates after installing this 'sad' and 'cr/\ppy' patch.... the unfortunate whining really needs to stop, especially when something is given freely to us. nuff said.

LEBillfish
01-22-2005, 12:26 PM
One difference I have noticed is the small caliber (7.7 wing mounted guns) on the Ki-61 Ko shake the planes as though firing cannon....The 12.7 guns in the Otsu do little to vibrate the plane...a goof?...perhaps, but ehh, all good here.

AlmightyTallest
01-22-2005, 01:14 PM
I like 3.04, but the only problems I'm having now is my NVidia doesn't show the canopy sun reflection on the aircraft that it used to, and buildings in the cities and such flicker and such until you get close enough to them. I'm running Perfect mode btw.

It fixed things, which is great, but for my 6800 Ultra, it seems to have broken a few. Perhaps the next patch will address the NVidia graphics glitches.