PDA

View Full Version : PC.. some questions.. relax, not noob questions

Mnightscare
04-10-2008, 04:04 PM

A) where is the Save games stored at??

B) he can't swim!! wtf?!

C) is there a save option, to save whenever you want? the animus menu ....

D) why on gods name can you climb on EVERY SINGLE item and object in the game world except mountains and trees?.. what is this, a big practical joke from ubi or something?..

E) has anyone managed to get on top of the mountains surrounding the kingdom?

***Edited for content - Watch your language, these are E-rated forums and don't bypass the autocensor again - //zgubilici

Mnightscare
04-10-2008, 04:04 PM

A) where is the Save games stored at??

B) he can't swim!! wtf?!

C) is there a save option, to save whenever you want? the animus menu ....

D) why on gods name can you climb on EVERY SINGLE item and object in the game world except mountains and trees?.. what is this, a big practical joke from ubi or something?..

E) has anyone managed to get on top of the mountains surrounding the kingdom?

***Edited for content - Watch your language, these are E-rated forums and don't bypass the autocensor again - //zgubilici

Phreaky_McGeek
04-10-2008, 04:07 PM
I really, really hope that the thread title is a joke.

Mnightscare
04-10-2008, 04:13 PM
well mr mcGeek, why won't you answer the questions?.

for starters, where the heck is the saved game files?.. I had to uninstall the game, and it asked me if I wanted to keep my saved games and user data, I said yes, but then when I reinstalled the game, my profile seems to be GONE!

so please, enlighten me.

adarwinter
04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
i hope i can help.

A and C)
saved profile is on:
C:\Documents and Settings\"your user name"\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed

u cant save anywhere and reload saves. its annoying. i know. the solution i use it-
1) i make a shortcut on my desktop to the saved profile directory and keep it open when i play.
2)whenever i want to create a branched save point so i can do something i would want to undo or the likes than i ALT-TAB out of the game, create a backup RAR\ZIP file of my profile and name it so i will later know what is the status of the profile (example: memory block 3, acre) and now i can do whatever i want. to restore my previously saved game i unrar my profile and overwrite.

its really uncomftarble but that is the only way sadly.

B) yes. deal with and mind your tongue. al-tair is an assassins but he still has feelings.

D) there is no need to climb these areas. the "kingdom" is useless since there is nothing to do there. making him climb trees and rocks would have been a waste of time on UBI's behalf and they better off dealing with more important issues of the game.

e) i dont think so. why would u do that. there is nothing to see or do there.

the_assassin_07
04-11-2008, 02:31 AM
Wow, I thought he was flipping joking. Seriously, this is the biggest showcase of irony I have ever experienced.

joke_dst
04-11-2008, 08:06 AM
B) Have you ever tried swimming in armor??

Altair has heavy iron strapped to his body all over for Odin's sake...

adarwinter
04-11-2008, 09:18 AM
that's not why, joke_dut.
no once can swim in AC. swimming is not included in this world.

...i think its cuz swimming was not invented yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

bondboy_88
04-11-2008, 11:56 PM
i think i can help you with your saved games, i couldn't find mine at first, but i had to tweak with my folder settings before i could fine the saved games,it's probably stored in the folder Application Data.it's usually a hidden file by default on some computers.you have to enable all hidden files, then you shoud be able to locate it.i hope this helps.