PDA

View Full Version : Things that can ruin Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

Nick1021
10-22-2010, 11:56 PM
List and discuss everything you think can destroy or make AC:B worse sp and mp wise.

1:Having different difficulties.
2:Adding cheats to the single player that make the game easy.
3:Keeping mp characters without emotions.
4:Runners

GarethNelson
10-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Nick1021:

How does that ruin it? That's quite normal, and lets you optimise the level of challenge to your skills - harder difficulty if you want more of a challenge

You don't have to use them you know. Personally i'd play the game without first, OR only use cheats if I get completely and utterly stuck.

The last 2 are multiplayer things i'm not commenting on due to having not played the beta.

Nick1021
10-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by GarethNelson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

How does that ruin it? That's quite normal, and lets you optimise the level of challenge to your skills - harder difficulty if you want more of a challenge

You don't have to use them you know. Personally i'd play the game without first, OR only use cheats if I get completely and utterly stuck.

The last 2 are multiplayer things i'm not commenting on due to having not played the beta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1-It would kind of ruin the AC series that never had a difficulty setting. Made if AC1/2 had it, it could be fine.

2-I can't resist cheats, and I would only like cheats that make things funny, like riding unicorns or throwing pancakes instead of knives. Not the crap were you get unlimited health or stuff like that.

jimbo11235813
10-23-2010, 02:53 AM
List and discuss everything you think can destroy or make AC:B worse sp and mp wise.

4:Runners I agree with the last two, but having different difficulties wouldn't ruin a game. For me, it would make it even better as I enjoy trying to complete games at their hardest. It would also make it better for more casual gamers or people who just aren't good on video games.
As for cheats, I agree that silly ones would be fun, but if they do have cheats, it would be nice if they prevented you from continuing the story when cheats are on like in red dead redemption.
Couldn't agree more about runners, its even worse when you have 3 runners find you all at once, but out running them all is quite fun.

Xanatos2007
10-23-2010, 02:58 AM
5: No proper stealth.
6: Cliché villains with no complex moral beliefs or characterization.
7: Too much damn variety and not being able to focus on anything properly.
8: Appealing too much to casual gamers.

...well that ship has sailed, been looted by pirates, caught in a hurricane, the crew died from scurvy, drifted into the Bermuda Triangle, eaten by the Kraken and now lies at the bottom of Davy Jones' locker.

Crucify Lucifer
10-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

I missed the philosophical encounters after assassinating a main target very much so.

As for the OP, I wouldn't have a problem with difficulty settings as long as the lowest was normal. Not only would it maintain the standard challenge for AC but it can only get better from there.

TheEpicWolf
10-23-2010, 04:58 AM

I gotta say i agree 100% with these.

itsamea-mario
10-23-2010, 06:09 AM
9: zombies
10: ninja zombies
11: pirate zombies
12: ninja pirate zombies from space riding a flaming charriot over an army of duck men.

Rakudaton
10-23-2010, 07:22 AM
13. Stupid apprentice assassins falling off buildings, just like the thieves from AC2.
14. Machiavelli+Ezio handbag fight continues for the entire game.

Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
9: zombies
10: ninja zombies
11: pirate zombies
12: ninja pirate zombies from space riding a flaming charriot over an army of duck men.

Just plain ninjas and pirates, however... that would be cool.

SBRedFlag
10-23-2010, 07:34 AM

...well that ship has sailed, been looted by pirates, caught in a hurricane, the crew died from scurvy, drifted into the Bermuda Triangle, eaten by the Kraken and now lies at the bottom of Davy Jones' locker.

Hmmm, how come those sound familiar? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Xanatos, you are the man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Stormpen
10-23-2010, 07:55 AM
1.Giant exploding war machines.
2.A villain with a crush on his sister.

DarthEzio55
10-23-2010, 08:05 AM
2.A villain with a crush on his sister. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

only 3 words can describe Ceasar and his relationship with Lucrezia.....ewwww.....Gross....Creepy

itsamea-mario
10-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Oh histories full of the bloody stuff.

FrankieSatt
10-23-2010, 08:09 AM
I'll comment on the "Cheats" in Single Player games. I'm all for them and hope to see some.

It's up to the individual what to do with them and I don't tell others how to play their game and I don't want others telling me how I should play mine.

I play the game without cheating or looking online for hints. Once I play the game that way I might go back and use hints/cheats to mess around and do other things that I might not be able to or could not find the first time.

Cheats in Single Player games do not hurt anyone elses game and I see nothing wrong with them.

Stormpen
10-23-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm curious as to what'll happen when Ezio meets Lucrezia. ^^

Nick1021
10-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Difficulty setting are fine. But it would kind of ruin the AC chain of not having a difficulty setting.

salted onions
10-23-2010, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GarethNelson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

The last 2 are multiplayer things i'm not commenting on due to having not played the beta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
1-It would kind of ruin the AC series that never had a difficulty setting. Made if AC1/2 had it, it could be fine.

2-I can't resist cheats, and I would only like cheats that make things funny, like riding unicorns or throwing pancakes instead of knives. Not the crap were you get unlimited health or stuff like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For #1, just because AC1 and AC2 didn't have difficulties, ACB shouldn't? That's like saying since you couldn't ride a horse inside cities in AC1/2, or you couldn't use a crossbow in AC1/2, they're going to ruin ACB.. just saying. They aren't adding in difficulties, that's for sure because they want the game to be accessible to the hardcore and casual fans, but I'm glad they added in a little bit of a challenge for the hardcore fans trying to pursue 100% synchronizations.

#2, cheat codes I feel are always fun. But I don't think they should be unlockable until you beat the game atleast once. I also read in the article that there are infact cheats in ACB, because during a preview of the game, they said that they somehow unlocked a cheat called "Ride The Unicorn." Intriguing.

As for #3 and 4, meh. Multiplayer can be terrible, I don't mind as long as my single player experience isn't ruined. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AnthonyA85
10-23-2010, 10:35 AM
For me, what can break Brotherhood:

15: A timed lever system in the Shrines of Romulus that have unreasonably/impractically/un-fairly short time limits. I hated those in AC2 with a passion, especially in the last tomb in venice, where you had to pull all four in less than a minute, and i'm not THAT good at free-running, each timed i pulled a lever, i had to wast time getting my barings.

Seje12
10-23-2010, 10:44 AM

NR 3 if the multiplayer characters was different it would be unfair if you do not get the one you can play with and then its about who you are not how good you are
Nr 4. People are playing the game in different ways accept that. What if the runners did complain about stealthy players. AC is a stealth action free running game.

General_Lekauf
10-23-2010, 11:49 AM
I hope they keep the difficulty system out of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood because I personally usually play on the lowest difficulty setting because I play for the story and the gameplay not the abilty to boast abuot beating it on every difficulty. Because you know if the difficulty system is included they are going to make an achievment for each difficulty there for forcing me to have know chance at getting 100 percent something I was unable to do in the last games because of all the flags and templars.

Nick1021
10-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Seje12:

NR 3 if the multiplayer characters was different it would be unfair if you do not get the one you can play with and then its about who you are not how good you are
Nr 4. People are playing the game in different ways accept that. What if the runners did complain about stealthy players. AC is a stealth action free running game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
About 3. What are you talking about? I'm just talking about the faces. Whenever you kill someones you have a stare and your face stays the same. Even if you die your still smiling and have a weird stare.

EzioAssassin51
10-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm actually suprised Xanatos hasn't complained more.

TBH, i don't think anything can ruin this game because it looks awesome already, the MP and the SP in missions, some stealth we've seen so far and characters! Maybe only AK-47's

salted onions
10-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I'm actually suprised Xanatos hasn't complained more.

TBH, i don't think anything can ruin this game because it looks awesome already, the MP and the SP in missions, some stealth we've seen so far and characters! Maybe only AK-47's

The only gun I ever wish to see an Assassin wield besides the hidden blade gun is an M1 Garand, only because the M1 Garand is the most beautiful gun in the entire world.

NewBlade200
10-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
I'm curious as to what'll happen when Ezio meets Lucrezia. ^^ Machieveli (don't know how to spell his name) said that Lucrezia had been used as a weapon.
1) He gets it on with her... but it's a trick! Ezio must then fight off the papal troops with no clothes on, armed only with his... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
2) He will pull a 007 on her and she becomes a ''contact'' on the inside! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I think the latter one is more likely (though the first one would be funnier) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nick1021
10-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Here are some complete jokes.
Ezio kills everyone in his order and burns down the whole assassin guild and then shoots himself. And the reason he did it was for the lulz because people went wtf why would he do that and then it would an M. Night shymalan moment and that never happened and it was just a dream and Ezio wakes up and sees his dad. Their was no such thing as assassins. BUT they pull another M. Night shymalan moment and Ezios mom is a monkey.

And about desmond. Their was no animus but only a fantasy of desmond. He was fantasizing about this whole story so he gets more of a thrill before he fantasizing of doing it with Lucy while he jer** it off.

OH GOD!
Ubi please don't make the game like this D=

DeafAtheist
10-23-2010, 08:01 PM

Totally agree with that. The gaming industry is being tortured by casual gamers. Because there are more casual gamers than hardcore gamers they basically support it financially and therefore developers are encouraged to make games that are more appealing to casual gamers so we get games that have been seriously dumbed down with stuff like regenerating health, unlimited ammo, and auto-targeting. Back in the 80's and 90's these things were unheard of. In fact earlier games had limits to the number of lives one had before they had to start all over again. Play a game like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 which has sold more copies than any game in history and you have a game with auto-targeting, regenerating health, and unlimited lives. Dying in the MW2 campaign just sets you back to the last checkpoint which isn't very far back because there are so damn many checkpoints.

Basically while graphics and animation is getting better, gameplay is getting noobified. Look at Ubisoft's Splinter Cell Conviction... Not a bad game. I enjoyed it, but at the same time I am a bit disappointed in the direction with the unlimited pistol ammo and regenerating health which was bad enough but to throw in the mark & execute feature it really killed the challenge to the game to the point where if one wanted to truly challenge themselves they had to force themselves to not to use it. I'll admit that it's fun to kill a whole room full of people in a matter of seconds. Very smooth and satisfying to do that, but it also greatly reduces the challenge to the game which makes it just as disappointing as it is enjoyable.

I loved Assassin's Creed 2 but the combat left much to be desired. It's ridiculous if a player can complete an entire game without dying even once in combat. I liked health system in AC2 with only part of your health being regenerated and the rest requiring medicine as well as how armor had to be repaired from time to time, but being able to carry up to 15 vials of medicine at a time and having money so easy to acquire drained the challenge out of it. You found yourself repairing your armor and refilling your medicine every time the money chest was full in Monteriggioni so you rarely ever had a problem where your armor and health got low enough to cause any real concern. Not to mention that running off to Monteriggioni every time the chest got full was tedious.

Personally I would welcome separate difficulty levels in Assassin's Creed as long as the hardest difficulty was actually challenging for hardcore gamers. The Realistic difficulty in Splinter Cell Conviction was a joke. With different difficulty levels the game can cater to both casual and hardcore gamers without alienating either. It's a better solution to satisfying the fans than just turning every game franchise into something my 2 year old can play.

Oatkeeper
10-23-2010, 08:05 PM

this, though its still possible the first to not be a problem (though it depends heavily of how threatening the AI is, and how determined it is to catch you if you run)

Nick1021
10-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

Totally agree with that. The gaming industry is being tortured by casual gamers. Because there are more casual gamers than hardcore gamers they basically support it financially and therefore developers are encouraged to make games that are more appealing to casual gamers so we get games that have been seriously dumbed down with stuff like regenerating health, unlimited ammo, and auto-targeting. Back in the 80's and 90's these things were unheard of. In fact earlier games had limits to the number of lives one had before they had to start all over again. Play a game like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 which has sold more copies than any game in history and you have a game with auto-targeting, regenerating health, and unlimited lives. Dying in the MW2 campaign just sets you back to the last checkpoint which isn't very far back because there are so damn many checkpoints.

Basically while graphics and animation is getting better, gameplay is getting noobified. Look at Ubisoft's Splinter Cell Conviction... Not a bad game. I enjoyed it, but at the same time I am a bit disappointed in the direction with the unlimited pistol ammo and regenerating health which was bad enough but to throw in the mark & execute feature it really killed the challenge to the game to the point where if one wanted to truly challenge themselves they had to force themselves to not to use it. I'll admit that it's fun to kill a whole room full of people in a matter of seconds. Very smooth and satisfying to do that, but it also greatly reduces the challenge to the game which makes it just as disappointing as it is enjoyable.

I loved Assassin's Creed 2 but the combat left much to be desired. It's ridiculous if a player can complete an entire game without dying even once in combat. I liked health system in AC2 with only part of your health being regenerated and the rest requiring medicine as well as how armor had to be repaired from time to time, but being able to carry up to 15 vials of medicine at a time and having money so easy to acquire drained the challenge out of it. You found yourself repairing your armor and refilling your medicine every time the money chest was full in Monteriggioni so you rarely ever had a problem where your armor and health got low enough to cause any real concern. Not to mention that running off to Monteriggioni every time the chest got full was tedious.

Personally I would welcome separate difficulty levels in Assassin's Creed as long as the hardest difficulty was actually challenging for hardcore gamers. The Realistic difficulty in Splinter Cell Conviction was a joke. With different difficulty levels the game can cater to both casual and hardcore gamers without alienating either. It's a better solution to satisfying the fans than just turning every game franchise into something my 2 year old can play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In fact. I have never died in combat. I only died when falling from big places.

abarth-EOL
10-23-2010, 08:39 PM
The only things that I'm afraid about Brotherhood are:

1: If the game will be as long as AC2. And I don't want excuses about multiplayer duration, I will never play MP.

2: The present. If Desmond will be used enough or will be like AC2, three little moments. I hope this time will be something like 60% Ezio, 40% Desmond, I'd hate that it'd be 90-10 like in AC2.

3: Locations, I hope it's not just Rome and the "Rome-Ac2-like" parts of Naples and Spain. I mean, I hope there are at least another city to play. I'd love Milán, but I don't think it will appear, otherwise we would be aware of it. I hope that Rome doesn't make repetitive, although it's really big and everything, but an amazing characteristic of AC2 and AC1 was the variety of locations.

What I'd love about Brotherhood would be that it lasts as much as AC2 did, around 15-20 hours but with a lot more Desmond, having at least 5 hours of gameplay with him.

NewBlade200
10-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Ezio17_1923:

1: If the game will be as long as AC2. And I don't want excuses about multiplayer duration, I will never play MP.

2: The present. If Desmond will be used enough or will be like AC2, three little moments. I hope this time will be something like 60% Ezio, 40% Desmond, I'd hate that it'd be 90-10 like in AC2.

3: Locations, I hope it's not just Rome and the "Rome-Ac2-like" parts of Naples and Spain. I mean, I hope there are at least another city to play. I'd love Milán, but I don't think it will appear, otherwise we would be aware of it. I hope that Rome doesn't make repetitive, although it's really big and everything, but an amazing characteristic of AC2 and AC1 was the variety of locations.

What I'd love about Brotherhood would be that it lasts as much as AC2 did, around 15-20 hours but with a lot more Desmond, having at least 5 hours of gameplay with him. Well the game is 15 houres long. There will be 5 houres of Desmond and the rest will fall to Ezio (honestly I seem to hate everyone played by Nolan North). The game will probobly be longer if you try to make your assassins badasses, collect collectables, do side-missions (the devs put a lot of those in), and find glyphs. So the game may take even longer to beat than AC2, says the dev. I hope they're right.

MT4K
10-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Ezio17_1923:

What I'd love about Brotherhood would be that it lasts as much as AC2 did, around 15-20 hours but with a lot more Desmond, having at least 5 hours of gameplay with him.

edit: ninja'd by newblade, but i'll leave my post anyway

it's been stated a few times in interview videos that the singleplayer campaign will be around 15 hours long in brotherhood, and in one video i remember them saying it could even take you longer to finish than ac2 (which could be possible if you include all the side missions plus all the new stuff that brotherhood introduces)

as for desmond, he will be used more than in ac1 and ac2 combined according to some sources like ign i believe on hands on previews ect, plus there is gameplay videos that show desmond sections but i wont say anything to try avoid spoilers in that department

as for point 3.. i cannot really answer that one, sorry, all that is really known is that there will be at least 4 sequences in spain (going by the achievement/trophy lists)