PDA

View Full Version : bf109

Chevy350
09-04-2008, 02:14 AM
So i started flying the 109 a lot lately and i really like how it flies. But i dont ever have time to go through all the 500 different versions of it, so could someone give me a quick rundown of the most commonly used versions, and the best versions as far as what turns the best, whats the fastest, and that kind of thing.
Also was it built as a t&b or b&z plane? cause i can do good either way with it, just wondering what it was originally made for? thanks.

X32Wright
09-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Ok here is the run down:

BF-109E (Emils): deadly guns and dominates from years 39-40

BF-109 F4 (Friedrich): probably the best 109 for early war, The MG-151/20 is very deadly, this variant turns very well at almost any alt but excels between 3k-5k meters. If you have to turn in a 109 this is the plane to use.

BF-109 G2 (Gustav): probbaly the best balanced 109 since it can both TNB and BNZ at the same time and has phenomenal climb rate but bad view in the back due to head cover.

BF-109 G-6/AS: A high altitude version of the 109 due to the modified DB-605 engine. Consider it as 'Boosted' G2 version. This excels at 3-6K meters.

BF-109 G-6/late G-6: these are mainly bomber interceptors this is why u have the MK-108s and the 'gunpods' aka 'kanonenboot' (gunboat) configuration. To me these are very heavy Gustavs and only good for bomber (viermot)intercepts.

BF-109 G-10: The fastest Gustav in the game and possibly the best late 109 for me. It is not as heavy as the Kurfurst (K-4) but as fast in mid to high alt (3-6k meters). Ideal for fightign late Spits and La7s if you use energy tactics. The G-10 was built AFTER the K-4 was in production so essentially it is a K-4 in parts but in a Gustav frame.

BF-109 G-14: faster than G-10 below 2K but slower at high alt than G-10.

Bf-109 K-4 (Kurfurst): the last variant of the 109, this is a fast and hevay plane ideal for fighting P-47s and P-51s

BF-109 K-4 C3: booasted K-4 which is good for mid to high alt fighting specially for high speed vertical fights.

DKoor
09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Chevy350:
So i started flying the 109 a lot lately and i really like how it flies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But i dont ever have time to go through all the 500 different versions of it, so could someone give me a quick rundown of the most commonly used versions, and the best versions as far as what turns the best, whats the fastest, and that kind of thing. Most commonly used:
IRL Bf-109G6 variants
In game Bf-109G2 & Bf-109G6AS

Turns best:
Bf-109F4

Fastest:
Bf-109K4C3

Also was it built as a t&b or b&z plane? cause i can do good either way with it, just wondering what it was originally made for? thanks. In game.
BnZ in true meaning of that word is not possible with 109, and this is not exactly the best TnB plane you can find around. This speaks for itself.
What I find to be nice about it is the speed, drag capabilities, scissor maneuver & nice guns.

Deedsundone
09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Chevy350:
Also was it built as a t&b or b&z plane? cause i can do good either way with it, just wondering what it was originally made for? thanks.

From Wikipedia:
Rüstungsflugzeug IV was intended to be an interceptor, replacing the Arado Ar 64 and Heinkel He 60 biplanes then in service. While it was intended the R-IV aircraft would best all others then flying, the requirements were nevertheless not terribly hard to meet.

The fighter needed to have a top speed of 400 km/h at 6,000 m (250 mph at 19,500 ft) which it could maintain for 20 minutes, while staying in the air for a total of 90 minutes. It was to be powered by the new Junkers Jumo 210 engine of about 700 hp (522 kW). It also needed to be armed with at least three 7.9 mm machine guns with 1,000 rounds each, or one 20 mm cannon with 200 rounds. One other interesting specification was that the aircraft needed to keep wing loading below 100 kg/m², which is a way of defining the aircraft's ability to turn and climb. The priorities for the fighter design were level speed, climb speed, and maneuverability, in that order.

Altamov_Steppes
09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by X32Wright:

and...try not to touch the boost system on this one...it is a disaster; unlike water/methanol injection.

WTE_Galway
09-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Altamov_Steppes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X32Wright:

and...try not to touch the boost system on this one...it is a disaster; unlike water/methanol injection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 109E4 and the 109E4B have no boost.

The boost on the E7 is nitrous and is for high altitude only.

If you hit the WEP key in an E7 at low altitude (below 6500 metres) you blow the engine within a few seconds.

At high altitudes it really helps but very few people play the game at altitudes above 6500 metres.

Whilst on the topic of boost. Remember the boost on later models (such as G6AS) should only be engaged and disengaged with throttle closed.

Ontopanova
09-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altamov_Steppes:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X32Wright:

and...try not to touch the boost system on this one...it is a disaster; unlike water/methanol injection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 109E4 and the 109E4B have no boost.

The boost on the E7 is nitrous and is for high altitude only.

If you hit the WEP key in an E7 at low altitude (below 6500 metres) you blow the engine within a few seconds.

At high altitudes it really helps but very few people play the game at altitudes above 6500 metres.

Whilst on the topic of boost. Remember the boost on later models (such as G6AS) should only be engaged and disengaged with throttle closed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed the nitrous oxide boost system (read Objects View in game)was disastrous enough to search around for another system. The Germans kept it through the F and early G models and it wasn't until the G-5 with the new DB 605D engine that water methanol boost was installed (MW-50 boosting up to 1800 HP for short combat bursts).
I wonder if espionage was responsible for the technical shift after the tenure of the GM-1 boost or whether it was in fact just German inventiveness in a parallel universe.

Fehler
09-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by WTE_Galway:Whilst on the topic of boost. Remember the boost on later models (such as G6AS) should only be engaged and disengaged with throttle closed.

Actually, you can engage it once throttle is under 100% with no ill to the engine. This goes for all MW50 boosted engines; FW190D-9 included. For the Antons and D-9 early, the "Boost" can be turned on at any throttle setting or RPM.

Best Regards