PDA

View Full Version : Speculations of the Future

Kniveso
12-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Massive spoiler warning ahoy.

Well well well. Having played through Creed a second time I must admit the plot is more intriguing the more you think about it, rather than being a crappy sci-fi cliché cornholed through an excuse to kill people in the past. This is besides the point.

So - what's learned from the ending, the deeper you look? Well, first of all, the Piece of Eden is modern science sent back in time. You may think it has a million mysterious justifications, from the word of god to alien technology. Well, when it rolls on the floor and the world map hologram is shown, the world map is divided by countries as they are in present time. Even America, not discovered by eastern society yet, is divided, Alaska clearly bordered, and so's Canada and the rest of the states, which were the first evident.

Then there's the ship mentioned in Alan Rikkin's computer. It is irrelevant, for the most part. Reconstruction, parallel time-lines, consistency, yada yada, it's still genetic memory babble. It's the word "paradox" that caught my eye, however. What if, at the end of it, the plot of Assassin's Creed revolves around a mind control device being sent back in time to key moments in this world's history to tilt the odds in favor of, well, something? Sure, on the world map seen in the hologram from the Piece of Eden they are seen on a modern map, but think about it this way - Vidic always mentions certain events, the characters are fixated on the Bible, the war of Troy, there are even a couple of mentions of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This could indicate that these artifacts are not ancient powerful devices, but rather objects sent from a dystopian future to reshape history.

Now I'm not claiming to be an expert on symbols and what-nots, but there's one, last and very important detail that I have not come across anywhere: the symbol directly above the bed. I, for one, have never seen the like anywhere, but I'll tell you what it does look like: two galaxies intersecting. This symbol is important. This symbol is the one you zoom in on right before the credits roll, it is strategically positioned right over the bed, it is seen in the short flashback dreams AND, most importantly, it is one of two symbols on the floor not entirely blatant. I do suspect it is very significant, and stands for parallel dimensions. This coincides with the random news reports in the E-mails, the mention of a parallel dimension in Rikkin's e-mail, and last, but not least, Desmond's statement that the past is somehow "off", "wrong", "inconsistant" with that he has come to know. Perhaps, then, these memories are of some bizzaro dimension where things went awry at all sorts of cornerstones in human history and somehow things ended up different. Perhaps Desmond himself is in some sort of parallel dimension where Americans attempt to elope to Mexico and Hurricanes are rampant, like the news reports state, or perhaps this is just a prediction of a grim future, but regardless, I find this a fascinating premise for a game - a universe in which the history of the world has been ****ed around by people from the future, only instead of actually changing their own history, they create an alternate reality where history is a much more violent, bloody affair.

Whether right or irresponsibly wrong, I do love these hints left around by Ubisoft, whether painfully blunt or hidden in plain sight (come on, I haven't even seen mention of the hologram map containing borders of present day countries and that's just out there).

Sorry for any repeats, search feature revealed nothing on any of these categories.

webswinger93
12-31-2007, 04:42 PM
What's your point?

Kniveso
12-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Speculating rabidly doesn't have a point. ;/

Chionubiforums
01-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Kniveso:
Massive spoiler warning ahoy.

Well well well. Having played through Creed a second time I must admit the plot is more intriguing the more you think about it, rather than being a crappy sci-fi cliché cornholed through an excuse to kill people in the past. This is besides the point.

So - what's learned from the ending, the deeper you look? Well, first of all, the Piece of Eden is modern science sent back in time. You may think it has a million mysterious justifications, from the word of god to alien technology. Well, when it rolls on the floor and the world map hologram is shown, the world map is divided by countries as they are in present time. Even America, not discovered by eastern society yet, is divided, Alaska clearly bordered, and so's Canada and the rest of the states, which were the first evident.

Then there's the ship mentioned in Alan Rikkin's computer. It is irrelevant, for the most part. Reconstruction, parallel time-lines, consistency, yada yada, it's still genetic memory babble. It's the word "paradox" that caught my eye, however. What if, at the end of it, the plot of Assassin's Creed revolves around a mind control device being sent back in time to key moments in this world's history to tilt the odds in favor of, well, something? Sure, on the world map seen in the hologram from the Piece of Eden they are seen on a modern map, but think about it this way - Vidic always mentions certain events, the characters are fixated on the Bible, the war of Troy, there are even a couple of mentions of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This could indicate that these artifacts are not ancient powerful devices, but rather objects sent from a dystopian future to reshape history.

Now I'm not claiming to be an expert on symbols and what-nots, but there's one, last and very important detail that I have not come across anywhere: the symbol directly above the bed. I, for one, have never seen the like anywhere, but I'll tell you what it does look like: two galaxies intersecting. This symbol is important. This symbol is the one you zoom in on right before the credits roll, it is strategically positioned right over the bed, it is seen in the short flashback dreams AND, most importantly, it is one of two symbols on the floor not entirely blatant. I do suspect it is very significant, and stands for parallel dimensions. This coincides with the random news reports in the E-mails, the mention of a parallel dimension in Rikkin's e-mail, and last, but not least, Desmond's statement that the past is somehow "off", "wrong", "inconsistant" with that he has come to know. Perhaps, then, these memories are of some bizzaro dimension where things went awry at all sorts of cornerstones in human history and somehow things ended up different. Perhaps Desmond himself is in some sort of parallel dimension where Americans attempt to elope to Mexico and Hurricanes are rampant, like the news reports state, or perhaps this is just a prediction of a grim future, but regardless, I find this a fascinating premise for a game - a universe in which the history of the world has been ****ed around by people from the future, only instead of actually changing their own history, they create an alternate reality where history is a much more violent, bloody affair.

Whether right or irresponsibly wrong, I do love these hints left around by Ubisoft, whether painfully blunt or hidden in plain sight (come on, I haven't even seen mention of the hologram map containing borders of present day countries and that's just out there).

Sorry for any repeats, search feature revealed nothing on any of these categories.

The search function doesn't work very well nowadays, does it? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The symbol is a Lorenz Attractor, showing 'The Butterfly Effect'.

Lorenz Attractor:
Click here for Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_attractor)

The Butterfly Effect:
Click here for Wiki. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect)