PDA

View Full Version : Jumping cockpit and SAitek X45 problems

GrimaceNFO
12-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Newbie here again,
when I'm flying, the cockpit view seems to pitch randomly. I'll be straight and level and suddenly the nose will pitch up or down. No control inputs whatsoever.
Additionally, I can't seem to assign game commands to different modes for my X45 stick and throttle. They will work in Mode 1, but not in any Shift modes. For example, I can raise the gear using the D button, but when I try to use the function I mapped to Shift + D, nothin happens. I'm a pretty experienced X45 profile user, so I'm pretty sure I have it set up correctly. Anyone else experienced this o have any suggestions?

thanks!

Grimace

GrimaceNFO
12-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Newbie here again,
when I'm flying, the cockpit view seems to pitch randomly. I'll be straight and level and suddenly the nose will pitch up or down. No control inputs whatsoever.
Additionally, I can't seem to assign game commands to different modes for my X45 stick and throttle. They will work in Mode 1, but not in any Shift modes. For example, I can raise the gear using the D button, but when I try to use the function I mapped to Shift + D, nothin happens. I'm a pretty experienced X45 profile user, so I'm pretty sure I have it set up correctly. Anyone else experienced this o have any suggestions?

thanks!

Grimace

steve_v
12-12-2004, 05:34 PM
bump

jeroen-79
12-12-2004, 06:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GrimaceNFO:
Newbie here again,
when I'm flying, the cockpit view seems to pitch randomly. I'll be straight and level and suddenly the nose will pitch up or down. No control inputs whatsoever. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Do you use trim?

The effectiveness of the control surfaces change with the aircraft's speed.
That means that if a centered elevator is keeping the nose level at one speed may be pushing it up at a higher speed.

To counter this change you could push the stick forwards if the nose wants to go up but having to constantly apply pressure on the controls will tire the pilot.

Therefore planes are fitted with smaller control surfaces that do the same as their bigger brothers but can be positioned without constant effort from the pilot.

Sometimes these are small metal tabs that are adjusted on the ground, sometimes these can be adjusted with a wheel in the cockpit.

You can now trim the plane until it does what you want without having to push the stick.
You would need to retrim whenever you change speed, climbrate or weight.

In FB you can trim with either a set of keys or with an axis.
Ailerons, elevator and rudder can be trimmed but not all aircraft have all trimcontrols.

adlabs6
12-12-2004, 06:50 PM
If its a quick pitching action, it could be an arrow key getting registered somehow, or more unlikely, a joystick axis spiking. If you have any other conrtollers plugged in, you can unplug them to be sure that it's not them causeing the issue.

Tully__
12-13-2004, 06:41 AM
For your shift functions, did you remember to assign your shift button as a shift button in your profile?