PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Wid Da Fishes

XyZspineZyX
04-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Hi all

I was thrilled to find SH3 on the UK shelves yesterday and couldn't resist shelling out my hard earned notes in exchnage for the shiny new box.

I won't bore you with the job I had installing it. Suffice to say that in my eagerness to grab this title which I have been looking forward to for ages, I failed to spot the "DVD only" label on the box.

Happily I have a DVD drive, but it's not.... shall we say the most current.

Anyway, after a couple of abortive attempts, a fair bit of swearing at the screen, and yes.. a bit of un-manly crying. I have it running and not only that but it is also now patched to 1.2

But I must now ask you a question and I appologise if it turns out to be a stupid one, but I have leaved through the pages here at the forum and found no mention in posts or bug lists. (Of course I might be going blind in my old age.)

I have a problem with the tutorial exams.

So far I have attempted both the Navigation and Gunnery exams and in both cases an objective is left unticked, although I've done it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

I am informed of a radio message, but when I check nothing has arrived. Leading me to guess that the message was intended to inform me of an objective achieved, but the box is left unticked.

So no exam pass for your Badger which in turn means zero Kudos with which to swim forth into the campaign. (Which as yet I've not tried.)

In the Navigation exam it is navigating through the chanel which is left out. Although I have plainly done it. And in the gunnery.. well I don't know which ship, but the sinking of one of the five is left unsung.

Thing is I can't believe I am the only one who has discovered this! So I must arrive at the conclusion that it is not a bug at all, but rather something I am doing wrong!

(This conclusion is obviously quite shocking since the sea is indeed in my blood, what with my "Uncle Chick" having been a Deckchair attendant on Filey beach.)

Can any of you clued up sea dogs help me with this problem?

Oh.... and while I've got you. I notice that while my commands are echoed by my motley crew, (Rise to periscope depth for example) Nobody shouts me to say when said manouvers are complete. Is this the way it should be??

Many thanks for any advice.

All the best

Badger

XyZspineZyX
04-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Hi all

I was thrilled to find SH3 on the UK shelves yesterday and couldn't resist shelling out my hard earned notes in exchnage for the shiny new box.

I won't bore you with the job I had installing it. Suffice to say that in my eagerness to grab this title which I have been looking forward to for ages, I failed to spot the "DVD only" label on the box.

Happily I have a DVD drive, but it's not.... shall we say the most current.

Anyway, after a couple of abortive attempts, a fair bit of swearing at the screen, and yes.. a bit of un-manly crying. I have it running and not only that but it is also now patched to 1.2

But I must now ask you a question and I appologise if it turns out to be a stupid one, but I have leaved through the pages here at the forum and found no mention in posts or bug lists. (Of course I might be going blind in my old age.)

I have a problem with the tutorial exams.

So far I have attempted both the Navigation and Gunnery exams and in both cases an objective is left unticked, although I've done it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

I am informed of a radio message, but when I check nothing has arrived. Leading me to guess that the message was intended to inform me of an objective achieved, but the box is left unticked.

So no exam pass for your Badger which in turn means zero Kudos with which to swim forth into the campaign. (Which as yet I've not tried.)

In the Navigation exam it is navigating through the chanel which is left out. Although I have plainly done it. And in the gunnery.. well I don't know which ship, but the sinking of one of the five is left unsung.

Thing is I can't believe I am the only one who has discovered this! So I must arrive at the conclusion that it is not a bug at all, but rather something I am doing wrong!

(This conclusion is obviously quite shocking since the sea is indeed in my blood, what with my "Uncle Chick" having been a Deckchair attendant on Filey beach.)

Can any of you clued up sea dogs help me with this problem?

Oh.... and while I've got you. I notice that while my commands are echoed by my motley crew, (Rise to periscope depth for example) Nobody shouts me to say when said manouvers are complete. Is this the way it should be??

Many thanks for any advice.

All the best

Badger

quillan
04-09-2005, 06:46 AM
The manual and the stuff in game misses explaining a few things. The only way to view your radio messages is to hit the M key. I think most of us had that problem at first.