PDA

View Full Version : Questions about AC,( A little off topic)

First-Endever
05-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Yah, okay. If you go Here (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/20/assassins-creed-collectors-set-for-pre-order-12-figurine-the/)
It says that you can buy Assassins Creed from play-asia, Of course, I am talking about the ps3 one, because as we all know it is completely regiong free (unlike Wii, and 360, which only have a few region free games) The pre-order box set, that comes with the little Altair figurine (12 inch, or a 1ft, der) If I buy this from play-asia, i know i will still beable to play AC, but would it be in english or japanese, or some other language? Or do you think you can change those settings?

First-Endever
05-06-2007, 12:11 PM
*BUMP* Anyone?

chewie1890
05-06-2007, 12:19 PM
My best guess is that it will probably be in a different language but you will be able to change it to english. Most games i've played have had a language conversion option.

knife_X
05-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Allmost any game you can change language on... but imo it should stay in english cause most people even if they dont have english as a first language they know enough to understand whats happening pissing me off that they use time and energy and money to hire people to voice act in Spanish or japaneese! Kind of like a japaneese movie were they dub it to english for example... just add a freakin text!

chewie1890
05-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Why are you against other countries getting games in their native tongue? They normally have all the voice-actors come in at the same time so it's not like it's taking them longer because of it. Just because they know enough english to maybe understand what they're saying it doesn't mean they want to. I'd prefer hearing a game in english rahter than using the bit of spanish I know while playing.

Besides the game would be coming from a company called Play-Asia you have to expect the game to come in the language of an Asian country... This game is coming from a French developer, how would you feel if they just kept it in French and didn't dub it in english?

When you're playing a game and walking through a crowd attempting to listen in but still blend in would you like to have to do all of that while reading tiny text in the bottom of the screen? I personally find it difficult to read and control my character properly while playing.

zgubilici
05-06-2007, 11:30 PM
First-Endever, please do not bump threads - it is not allowed in these forums - this is the second thread in which I've seen you doing that.

First-Endever
05-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Okay Z, I'm sorry.

RetiredHatch
05-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Well actually in this game everyone's going to be speaking in arabic regardless...

but your point still holds chewie http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

i'd rather games be in english rather than japanese frankly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

First-Endever
05-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Seriously? It is going to be in Arabic no matter what? I know that the text will at least be in English... or will it?

I don't really like how everyone would speak in Arabic, I mean, it is good for authenticity for the game, but it just does me no good. I sure there would be some sub titles then right? I hope.. Or do you know?

chewie1890
05-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I believe Altair uses his 'intuition' which translates it to english.

First-Endever
05-07-2007, 02:52 PM
That would be.. niftely weird, know what i mean? strange but cool