PDA

View Full Version : do you think guards will respawn?

Wanted_David
04-03-2007, 11:06 AM
it would look pretty dumb if guards would respawn (i.e. WOW-Style) cuz it would reduce the "realistic" factor in the game. my idea is living guards would call reinforcements which would come from a tower/base/etc etc etc...
what do you guys think?

FableB
04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
New guards will come as under the title "New recruits"...

knife_X
04-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by FableB:

So if you kill all the gurads they will grab some guy on the streets train him in the mather of seconds and send him out after a expert assasin...

Xaber8
04-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I doubt they would just grab some guy off the streets, maybe after a little while they will bring in soldiers from other cities.

lpcrispo
04-03-2007, 01:26 PM
guys... ( and girls) : dont forget it's still a videogame...

Lhorkan
04-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I suppose the guard numbers will regenerate if you're out of town.

danny.b87
04-03-2007, 03:01 PM
i think... the guards just out of a sort of alley or something... that new guards just come from diffrent places...

Wanted_David
04-03-2007, 03:18 PM
well, it could always be like POP; if you kill someone they will disappear until the next time you're out of town or if you're away from the location where they died...
oh, and of course there won't be chalk drawing when someone is dead (only if there's a CSI department in the town)

RetiredHatch
04-03-2007, 06:27 PM
They won't respawn miracuously(sp? it's sooo wrong) infront of your eyes but somehow i doubt guard numbers will begin to get lower after a while...

ryukoken69
04-04-2007, 12:46 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif thats a good question.... if they go for as real as they have been I would say no.
maybe like one of the other posters said they get reinforcements from the gaurd's barracks but depending on where in the cities your at determaine the amount of help the gaurds get....

quicksilver_502
04-04-2007, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by knife_X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FableB:

So if you kill all the gurads they will grab some guy on the streets train him in the mather of seconds and send him out after a expert assasin... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but the pensions great! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FableB
04-04-2007, 10:27 AM
So if you kill all the gurads they will grab some guy on the streets train him in the mather of seconds and send him out after a expert assasin...

You can't kill all the guards.

MTXteerling
04-04-2007, 10:52 AM
I don't think they'll just pop up right in front of you. I think it's going to be like GTA. Where there's an infinite amount of guards and you can just keep on killin em. I would like it however if there was a sidequest where you had to kill some captain or something and that that would directly affect the amount and/or the quality of the guards patroling.

LiTos456
04-04-2007, 11:02 AM
i dont think so. the games point was to be as much realistic as possible. making guard population realistic isnt hard after all that they've done. basivly, the city can run out of guards which is probably impossible because u get killed fast, like in real life it would be. if you saw the x06 gameplay demo ull get it. lets say you killed all the guards and you escape the city. once you return there will be more guards. where did they come from? either the people of the city that were trained or reinforcements from different areas such as different cities or places that are not within the game world.

andy276
04-04-2007, 11:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FableB:

So if you kill all the gurads they will grab some guy on the streets train him in the mather of seconds and send him out after a expert assasin... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>how can they train someone if you killed them all? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LiTos456
04-04-2007, 01:21 PM
yah, true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

evasion438
04-05-2007, 12:31 AM
think about the NFS:MW which i presume most of you have played, you can kill cops, but you cant run out of them.

quicksilver_502
04-05-2007, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by FableB:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knife_X:

You can't kill all the guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you could if you sat on a roof and kept shooting people with arrows.

knife_X
04-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Well Andy276 saw the the Ironi, this is not the game to start killing guards you will get *** whopped eventually... 1 or 2 ok but when 5 guards cricle around you there is no way, all it takes is one blow... escaping is a major part in this game they said it themselvs. Personally when I do a assaination in this game I will tuck my tail and try to get on the rooftoops, they cant follow you there! Or just run the hell away!

Quicksilver how many arrows do you think he can bring with him...

LiTos456
04-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by evasion438:
think about the NFS:MW which i presume most of you have played, you can kill cops, but you cant run out of them. ...which isnt realistic.

FableB
04-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by quicksilver_502:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knife_X:

You can't kill all the guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you could if you sat on a roof and kept shooting people with arrows. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This ain't no GTA, sooner or later you'll run out of arrows...

Plus, if you can do that, don't think it will be easier to end the crusade this way instead of making 9 hard assassinations?

Sense!

noobfun
04-05-2007, 11:49 AM
well your in large cities, not only that but all 3 cities have standing armies using them as rest points .... lots of guards + standing armies = omg way to many ppl to kill

you could kill all the guards but its gonna take a while to kill thousands of em

so nope no real need to insta train new guards, or respawn em

LiTos456
04-05-2007, 12:26 PM
i think it would be safe to stay on the roofs while escaping the guards. the guards cant get there and it might be possible to hide from any archers.

noobfun
04-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by LiTos456:
i think it would be safe to stay on the roofs while escaping the guards. the guards cant get there and it might be possible to hide from any archers.

umm weve been told guards will follow you if they can on to roofs they just arnt as good at climbing or jumping around as you are, beware the ladders!!!

knife_X
04-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Rather fight 4 guards on the roof then 4 guards on the ground... You can kill one quick then run away and have the high ground before they have time to take 4 steps!

LiTos456
04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by noobfun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LiTos456:

umm weve been told guards will follow you if they can on to roofs they just arnt as good at climbing or jumping around as you are, beware the ladders!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u shud be able to kick the ladders off

Wanted_David
04-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by LiTos456:
u shud be able to kick the ladders off

so, you kick the ladder and guards will cry cuz they can't get to you, hum? NPCs are stupid, but i think AI will allow them to just grab the ladder and raise it up when they need to (duh!)...has anyone played Resident Evil 4/Biohazard 4? It's pretty the same thing...
Of course this is just a speculation...noone knows if you can really kick ladders in the game...

RetiredHatch
04-06-2007, 08:15 AM
well kicking those ladders down most definately slowed them down in RE 4

if they were on the top of the ladder in Assassin's and you kicked the ladder down they would have to spend time to get up from falling which they probably got severely hurt from and push the ladder back up by then you're long gone

LiTos456
04-06-2007, 11:16 AM
yeah exactly

quicksilver_502
04-07-2007, 03:48 AM
you could wait at the top of the ladder then stab em in the chest the moment tey popped up. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

MTXteerling
04-07-2007, 07:54 AM
^ chuckle chuckle. Don't see to many of them on these forums. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LiTos456
04-07-2007, 07:55 AM
huh?

spazzoo1025
06-30-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm guessing itll b like Oblivion, where new guards are spawned when th old ones are killed, but only if their like in pursuit of you

idk

Tornadium
06-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Lets not forget this is the time of the crusades. Do you know how many people lived in those 3 cities at the time? I can guarantee that most cities in the holy land had a Guard force of at least 500+ soldiers. Jerusalem ....maybe 5000+?

Also remember that there is huge armies out there too do you think you will just walk around seeing guards and civilians? I doubt it. You will most likely be seeing soldiers going about the town training. Imagine being cornered in Jerusalem by a Crusading Army...Ouch.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif