PDA

View Full Version : AC2:Brotherhood Beta Requirements.

ThrownInLie
06-05-2010, 03:16 PM
What I found while logging on to ubi's website, don't know if this has already been mentioned sorry.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll276/quino1018/ubisoftps3betacopy.jpg

Kind of disappointing that you have to preorder it to play the beta...what's the point? Just to try out if it's actually fun? They would make money letting the public play and attracting more customers...or just let ac2 buyers play, come on we already bought the original game! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

P.S I hope there is a 360 and PC demo, mainly 360 just being nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

phil.llllll
06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah I'm hoping there's one for the PC too but I doubt it. I'm definitely not going to pre order it just to play a beta so I'd be all for letting AC 2 buyers in on the action http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nitres15
06-05-2010, 04:21 PM
is there a beta ? where is it to late to join ?
can u play the beta on console

Marius_Darkwolf
06-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Heck I preordered on the 360. Hope Theres a beta there too.

GODLY4SS4SSIN
06-05-2010, 05:55 PM
i just pre ordered at a gamestop store today for the 360, hope it comes out for it

MuffinMan00
06-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I was hoping for it to be a public beta, oh well.

albertwesker22
06-05-2010, 11:44 PM
This makes me sick. I wanted something for nothing!

SWJS
06-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Kind of disappointing that you have to preorder it to play the beta...what's the point? Just to try out if it's actually fun? They would make money letting the public play and attracting more customers...or just let ac2 buyers play, come on we already bought the original game! Frown The entire point of a multiplayer beta is actually to let the gamers themselves not only try out the multiplayer, but test the multiplayer's mechanics, and give the dev team advice and feedback. This is why the beta comes out a few months before the actual game. It provides months of testing and feedback. Once the dev team has the feedback they need, they'll pull the plug on the beta and work on fixing the actual multiplayer of the game, so that it's ready for store shelves. We get to have fun playing the beta, and the dev team gets the answers they need. It's a win-win situation. And ACB's beta isn't the only beta with some type of limit, catch, or twist. To play the beta for Halo Reach, you had to have a copy of ODST, so you either miss out or get ODST too. I missed out. It's the same for every beta.

LCGuardian
06-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Have I missed something obvious? Where does the option to enter the beta code appear on the Ubi site?

ThrownInLie
06-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kind of disappointing that you have to preorder it to play the beta...what's the point? Just to try out if it's actually fun? They would make money letting the public play and attracting more customers...or just let ac2 buyers play, come on we already bought the original game! Frown The entire point of a multiplayer beta is actually to let the gamers themselves not only try out the multiplayer, but test the multiplayer's mechanics, and give the dev team advice and feedback. This is why the beta comes out a few months before the actual game. It provides months of testing and feedback. Once the dev team has the feedback they need, they'll pull the plug on the beta and work on fixing the actual multiplayer of the game, so that it's ready for store shelves. We get to have fun playing the beta, and the dev team gets the answers they need. It's a win-win situation. And ACB's beta isn't the only beta with some type of limit, catch, or twist. To play the beta for Halo Reach, you had to have a copy of ODST, so you either miss out or get ODST too. I missed out. It's the same for every beta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was lucky, a nice guy with two codes (one from the halo 2 player code giveaway and one by having odst- held a contest and I won a code to play the reach beta)

But honestly, how many people have preordered ac2:b compared to the number of people who might have bought it if they had just had the chance to try the multiplayer...

Be nice to the fans, ubisoft! AC2 buyers should be able to play, most loved the game and will get brotherhood anyways....

@LCGuardian

It just popped up after I had signed in yesterday around 1 am GMT -5, not really popped up but took me to that screen after logging in.

LCGuardian
06-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by ThrownInLie:
@LCGuardian

It just popped up after I had signed in yesterday around 1 am GMT -5, not really popped up but took me to that screen after logging in.

Nice. I wonder if it was a mistake for it to appear at this point, before any distribution of codes has started. Good to see something more concrete about the beta, anyway. Now, fingers crossed that it will be open for the PC as well as the consoles.

Marius_Darkwolf
06-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by GODLY4SS4SSIN:
i just pre ordered at a gamestop store today for the 360, hope it comes out for it

I pre-Ordered a few days ago. And I just re logged in, and I didn't see the beta offer thing. I really do hope we get to Beta on xbox though. Heck I don't hate, I hope all the consoles get to beta

jimbo11235813
06-06-2010, 06:13 AM
I can't seem to get to this page. When I log in it just goes to the page that I was trying to access. Has any one in the UK been able to get this?

caswallawn_2k7
06-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Kind of disappointing that you have to preorder it to play the beta...what's the point? Just to try out if it's actually fun?
a beta is not a demo, it is a QA phase of testing to remove the bugs from the game, the game in beta could be very very different to the game that eventually launches.

but unfortunately most people see these as a demo then complain about the number of problems with it and how they shouldn't release stuff if it wont work, despite the whole point of it being to find the bugs and remove them before the game goes live.

X.Shadow.X
06-06-2010, 08:15 PM
How do I get to that page? I preordered my AC:B about 3 weeks ago and never got a code. I tried re-logging in.

Murcuseo
06-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I love watching everyone run around in circles chasing their tails before a Beta http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

Simple fact is, when Ubisoft want us to know about it, it'll happen quickly... all they have to do is tell the right person and it'll spread like wildfire.

I'm guessing about a week after E3 we'll hear something, then about a month after that they'll open the Beta.

Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:

...but unfortunately most people see these as a demo then complain about the number of problems with it and how they shouldn't release stuff if it wont work, despite the whole point of it being to find the bugs and remove them before the game goes live.

Exactly, in my experience if people spend a half hour reading up on how to actually give structured and constructive feedback during a Beta it can make a huge difference.

Who the hell am I kidding though lol

Marius_Darkwolf
06-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Part of the reason most people think of a Beta as a type of demo was the Halo 3 open beta. Most people just considered that a demo with a different name.

jimbo11235813
06-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Does anyone know if I pre-order this game from anywhere, can I still have access to the beta.

The only site that even mentions the beta is Play.com (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/13461457/Assassin-Creed-Brotherhood/Product.html), but does this mean that its exclusive to that site or can I buy it elsewhere (can't find it much cheaper anywhere else, but still looking).

PlagueDoctor357
06-18-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm curious if I can go preorder at my Canadian EB games and get access to the beta. Hopefully.

PaladinEagle
06-18-2010, 08:17 PM
e-mailed Amazon in UK and they at the moment are definetely not going to have the Beta pre-order, looks like it will be just from play.com

Delta_Canuckian
06-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Wait, where did you go to sign-up for the beta in the first place?

AhmedSleem
06-19-2010, 01:35 PM
I found a general release date for the beta.

"Fans of Assassinís Creed can look forward to an exclusive beta of the new multiplayer campaign within Assassinís Creed Brotherhood, with the beta hitting PSN in late summer."

http://blog.us.playstation.com...ke-e3-announcements/ (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/18/playstation-publishing-partners-make-e3-announcements/) *read the 2nd to last part