PDA

View Full Version : OK....So I'm a patch idiot...but!

Clan_Graham
11-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Could someone please explain this to me. (you see, I don't have a degree in computer science)

"In this version we are also offering the players to test a new method of running the game. This new method should increase the game‚‚ā¨ôs performance. Both the old and the new methods are available at any time, and are fully compatible online.

If you want to test this new method, install PF_patch301.exe (PF_patch301m.exe) first. After the installation, run PF_patch301_new.exe (PF_patch301m_new.exe). After that, run the pf_new.exe (il2fb_new.exe) executable in your PF game folder.

You can always run the game using the tried-and-true old method using the old shortcuts or pf.exe in the game folder. These remain unchanged. The new executable is not added to the start or the autorun menus in this version, but will be added there in the next patch/add-on if enough positive feedback is gathered."

So.....
After installing PF_patch301.exe (PF_patch301m.exe) depending on which version of the game you are running I'm assuming...you then run PF_patch301_new.exe.(PF_patch301m_new.exe) Again, I'm assuming it depends on which version you are running.
Is that a separate download, or will that be in the PF folder in Program Files? (I've seen separtate downloads over at Check-Six)

Then you run pf_new.exe (il2fb_new.exe) executable in your PF game folder.
Say what ??????????
So those other exe files weren't in my PF folder or where they?

And how the heck does this work if you have both versions (mixed game and stand alone) installed on your computer?
(like I do)

I really need a beer.......

Clan_Graham
11-18-2004, 05:17 PM
Could someone please explain this to me. (you see, I don't have a degree in computer science)

"In this version we are also offering the players to test a new method of running the game. This new method should increase the game‚‚ā¨ôs performance. Both the old and the new methods are available at any time, and are fully compatible online.

If you want to test this new method, install PF_patch301.exe (PF_patch301m.exe) first. After the installation, run PF_patch301_new.exe (PF_patch301m_new.exe). After that, run the pf_new.exe (il2fb_new.exe) executable in your PF game folder.

You can always run the game using the tried-and-true old method using the old shortcuts or pf.exe in the game folder. These remain unchanged. The new executable is not added to the start or the autorun menus in this version, but will be added there in the next patch/add-on if enough positive feedback is gathered."

So.....
After installing PF_patch301.exe (PF_patch301m.exe) depending on which version of the game you are running I'm assuming...you then run PF_patch301_new.exe.(PF_patch301m_new.exe) Again, I'm assuming it depends on which version you are running.
Is that a separate download, or will that be in the PF folder in Program Files? (I've seen separtate downloads over at Check-Six)

Then you run pf_new.exe (il2fb_new.exe) executable in your PF game folder.
Say what ??????????
So those other exe files weren't in my PF folder or where they?

And how the heck does this work if you have both versions (mixed game and stand alone) installed on your computer?
(like I do)

I really need a beer.......

TheGozr
11-18-2004, 05:31 PM
hum yea i see that il2fb is a 18 nov file now but where is teh il2fb_"new"