PDA

View Full Version : Water graphics whith the new patch.

tripocantro
11-19-2004, 05:26 PM
After instaling the patch, first thing I noticed was an amazing improvement in the water graphics. Couldn't believe the changes to that perfect suface whith same settings and same hardware. This patch is too much!! I thought. But then,I switched on again this afternoon and found all the improvement had just gone. I've chequed the settings and everything is as it was before, except for the nice water. Its gone. Can anyone help?

tripocantro
11-19-2004, 05:26 PM
After instaling the patch, first thing I noticed was an amazing improvement in the water graphics. Couldn't believe the changes to that perfect suface whith same settings and same hardware. This patch is too much!! I thought. But then,I switched on again this afternoon and found all the improvement had just gone. I've chequed the settings and everything is as it was before, except for the nice water. Its gone. Can anyone help?

fabianfred
11-20-2004, 06:22 AM
I tried my com today and went to the set-up... put the video settings to the recommended for my card... and the water in pearl was super

this afternoon tried another mission at midway and wondered where the good water had gone..... wondered if the ocean had different specs to a bay like at pearl...

what you have said makes me remember that someone else said their settings kept changing back.... and someone told them to see if their 'conf.ini' was set to 'read only'..... never thought to check mine

my old com at home is OK for the internet, but can't run il2... have to wait 'til tomorrow to see if mine changed back too....(it's at work)

deckchair5
11-20-2004, 06:27 AM
Yes that's what I'm finding. I have to reset the graphics before any flight whether it's start up, misssion or refly. They all seem to get altered again at mission load up

RxMan
11-20-2004, 06:48 AM
Could it be we have different water for different maps. I noticed my Guadalcanal map, running a coop mission I did, is beautiful, then went to a dogfight at Pearl and water looked 'shallow', could it be ! diffeent water for different maps. Must check today to be sure.

tripocantro
11-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Ya, but the strangest thing is that I noticed the changes playing the same mission. A very simple dogfight mission I created. I play now the track only to make sure I didn't dream that fantastic water. It was there. It's not anymore.

I checked Config.ini. No changes. At least, nothing I can tell.

CraytonRoberts
11-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Same problem I've encountered.

tripocantro
11-20-2004, 10:51 AM
I found out the reason.

When having that nice water, mission time was set at 7:30.

Later, I changed conditions setting time at 12:00 but forgot about it. For some reason, with the sun up there, the water looks much worse.

So, after all, it's all a matter of daytime. I'll have to fight early in the morning if I want to get a nice view.

Will it be nice in the evening? I'll find out creating new conditions next time.

ploughman
11-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Hmmm. I played a campaign mission FAA at Iwo and got unbelievable graphics (lovely waves and a pelagic blue ocean) with great FPS. I made a FMB mission and got normal (not very good, I have a P4 1.4Mhz CPU) graphics with an ocean surface so undefined you didn't realise it was there until you flew into it. In fact all of the campaigns I've been flying (USN Guadalcanal too) I get great graphics.

How bizarre.