PDA

View Full Version : The XP on screen

Ilovepho
06-07-2011, 05:24 PM
The XP flying on screen when you shoot enemies is rather annoying. I think the devs should get rid of it or allow the players the option t turn it off.

IIxXWRATHXxII
06-07-2011, 05:34 PM
While it doesn't bother me too much, I do think it's a tad weird if they are treading down a more "realistic" path.

killa_677
06-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah it is a bit... distracting. It also takes away from the immersion. Would like the option to turn it off or simply just change it to a hit marker in the center of the screen whenever you kill someone.

livewia
06-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Totally agree on this. PLEASE include an option to turn this off, as the realism and immersion will take a BIG hit if there are numbers popping up all over the screen.

The immersion of Far Cry 2 was one of its strong points...please don't ruin it for the Far Cry 3!!!

Mr_Shade
06-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Ilovepho:
The XP flying on screen when you shoot enemies is rather annoying. I think the devs should get rid of it or allow the players the option t turn it off. I will just point out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ayer_embedded#at=387 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaGSSrp49uc&feature=player_embedded#at=387)

That's a feed of the E3 onstage demo..

That does not have the XP popup - so it may be switchable.. I have asked for some clarification on the subject though.

Hobodealer
06-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
I have asked for some clarification on the subject though.

Any news yet Mr Shade? Could you also ask about the whole HUD system? Because I like the least amount of HUD as possible!

BobG80206
12-04-2011, 04:00 PM
I agree, xp on screen is annoying. I also agree it should be optional.

A toggle for options would solve many problems that seem to be dividing people in the FC community: mini-map, radar, health regeneration, on screen xp, weapons degradation, etc.

Is this that hard to program? It seems so obvious as a solution.

Creating matches in multiplayer to have specific options would also be more inclusive to players than exclusive.

The4orTy67
12-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Lol calm down everyone the game is still in development changes are applied every day I believe.