PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Recollection NEW GAME FOR IPAD



Neo00_85
10-27-2011, 03:01 PM
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed/recollection/acrec610.jpg

The newly announced strategic iPad game is headed for release in just a few weeks.

Even as we patiently wait for the release of Assassin's Creed Revelations, Ubisoft is sneaking another little surprise to AC fans this holiday season at least if you own an iPad.

Assassin's Creed Recollection is a new real-time board game designed for the Apple tablet. Details on gameplay remain scarce, but we've been told by Ubisoft that the game is built around assembling a virtual gallery of characters (represented by art from the console games). This collect-'em-all mechanic will come through some sort of "tactical political battles" (Ubisoft's words, not ours).

The game promises an 8-10 hour storyline that includes 20 different missions, as well as a robust multiplayer system to politically combat other iPad owners in real-time.

Plus, buy Recollection and you'll get a free copy of Assassin's Creed Embers, the animated short about the final days of Ezio Auditore.

We'll detail more about Assassin's Creed Recollection as soon as we hear more about the mysterious project.

Source Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/27/assassin-39-s-creed-recollection-attacks-november.aspx)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111027174355/assassinscreed/images/thumb/c/c6/AC_Recollection_Screen3.png/640px-AC_Recollection_Screen3.png

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111027174327/assassinscreed/images/thumb/2/26/AC_Recollection_Screen2.png/640px-AC_Recollection_Screen2.png
<span class="flash-video"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
id="videoPlayer"
height="391"
width="640"
><param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="never"
></param><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"
></param><param value="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf?ver=009_2"
name="movie"
/><param value="noScale"
/><param value="lt"
/><param value="high"
name="quality"
/><param value="always"
/><param value="true"
/><param value="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_640&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2F video_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6342605%26mode%3Demb edded%26width%3D640%26height%3D391%26newplayer%3D1 %26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded640_169.xml"
name="flashvars"
/><param value="opaque"
/><embed wmode="transparent"
allowScriptAccess="never"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf?ver=009_2"
style=""
name="mymovie"
quality="high"
flashvars="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_640&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2F video_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6342605%26mode%3Demb edded%26width%3D640%26height%3D391%26newplayer%3D1 %26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded640_169.xml"
height="391"
width="640"
id="mymovie"
/></object></span>

roostersrule2
10-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Neo00_85:
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed/recollection/acrec610.jpg

The newly announced strategic iPad game is headed for release in just a few weeks.

Even as we patiently wait for the release of Assassin's Creed Revelations, Ubisoft is sneaking another little surprise to AC fans this holiday season at least if you own an iPad.

Assassin's Creed Recollection is a new real-time board game designed for the Apple tablet. Details on gameplay remain scarce, but we've been told by Ubisoft that the game is built around assembling a virtual gallery of characters (represented by art from the console games). This collect-'em-all mechanic will come through some sort of "tactical political battles" (Ubisoft's words, not ours).

The game promises an 8-10 hour storyline that includes 20 different missions, as well as a robust multiplayer system to politically combat other iPad owners in real-time.

Plus, buy Recollection and you'll get a free copy of Assassin's Creed Embers, the animated short about the final days of Ezio Auditore.

We'll detail more about Assassin's Creed Recollection as soon as we hear more about the mysterious project.

Source Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/27/assassin-39-s-creed-recollection-attacks-november.aspx) Anychance it could come to iPhone/iPod.

Neo00_85
10-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Escoblades, do you know anything about this app?
When it is going to be released? If it is exclusive Ipad?

Jexx21
10-27-2011, 04:34 PM
too bad my iPod was stolen.

thyevi
10-27-2011, 04:47 PM
This is all nice and well, but I want to continue playing Project Legacy on facebook. Could've used the development force on that instead of this.

XxKillaChaosxX
10-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Interesting. Hopefully it comes out before the 15th. I won't be playing anything else but Revelations come the 15th.

jmk1999
10-27-2011, 05:09 PM
ew... more card strategy games based on action/adventure titles. didn't ubi learn from Battles of Prince of Persia? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Neo00_85
10-27-2011, 05:59 PM
It's going to be launched in November... probably next to the game released.....

Chronomancy
10-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Instead of making these miniature games shouldn't Ubisoft be putting their full attention towards Revelations?

RzaRecta357
10-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I posted the article from joystiq about this earlier today. It's only a bit down the list.

Biomedical-Fire
10-27-2011, 08:05 PM
They should just release it as a normal card based strategy game like Magic the Gathering or Pokemon. My friends and I would get them as an alternative to MTG.

jmk1999
10-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Instead of making these miniature games shouldn't Ubisoft be putting their full attention towards Revelations?
one would think, but basically it's a marketing strategy and a means to push for other popular technology mediums. lots of companies do it. odds are, the same team doing this had nothing to do with the actual game so it's not like they're out any man power behind the main game. don't worry.

Biomedical-Fire
10-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by dom1999:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
Instead of making these miniature games shouldn't Ubisoft be putting their full attention towards Revelations?
one would think, but basically it's a marketing strategy and a means to push for other popular technology mediums. lots of companies do it. odds are, the same team doing this had nothing to do with the actual game so it's not like they're out any man power behind the main game. don't worry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That is true Dom and if the article that I read proves true, this is another step forward that the iOS market is making in trying to kill off video game consoles and handhelds.

Sarari
10-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I have to say, they're overdoing the Assassin's Creed franchise with this...

Calvarok
10-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I have to say, they're overdoing the Assassin's Creed franchise with this...
Technically, since it's all relative, if you don't play this or consider it canon it won't personally impact your experience of Assassin's Creed. You have your own personal reality.

And if you don't want to do that, then why not just accept that if a company has a lucrative property, they will make lots of stuff for it.

If there's any new story elements, it will be on the Assassin's Creed wiki, and the main games always operate under the assumption that people haven't played any of the side stuff, even though they sprinkle references throughout it for people who did, so basically understanding of such a reference will never be required to understand the story.


I personally don't really think it's any use complaining about anything at all, but if you want you can continue.

rob.davies2014
11-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Has this been released yet? I was expecting it to be a pre-Revelations build up tactic but I've not heard anything.
There is a link on Path to Revelations for this game but that link doesn't work...
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif