PDA

View Full Version : About Assassinís Creed Revelations Editions

ArcAngelMethos
06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi,

I wanted to know if the Assassinís Creed Revelations Animus Edition will be sold in the United States. Or will all of us players in the U.S. get the royal shaft again by making it only available in the U.K. or some other country like for Brotherhood.

If that happens I can assure you a lot of us players will be canceling our pre-orders. We feel itís time that we U.S. players get the cool version of the game, because after seeing what the U.K. got for Brotherhood compared to that stupid jack-in-the-box in the U.S. I mean somethingís got to give. How do you U.S. players think and feel on that?

kriegerdesgottes
06-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Totally agree, I don't think we are getting that one though. It's only at European gamestops so far which works for me because I'm ready to get a good AC CE for once. This is where all the Europeans come in crying about how they usually get shafted on CEs which is true but I think we should all get either the same thing or something equal in quality and not freaking badass codex edition with all dlc vs ******ed jack in the box with only some dlc. We will probably find out for sure in early August.

Randy 355
06-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I'm about dying for the Animus Edition. Why can't Ubisoft be the "better man" by distributing all editions to all countries? Nobody should get left out for where they live.

Blind2Society
06-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArcAngelMethos:
I want to know if the Assassinís Creed Revelations Animus Edition will be sold in the United States. Or will all of us players in the U.S. get the royal shaft again by making it only available in the U.K. like for Brotherhood.
You know, I've always heard people talking about EU getting a beter collectors edition but I never actualy looked into the differences. Now that I have, I can honestly say I'm ****ed off.

Do you guys at Ubi have something against us in the west (I know AC came out of Montreal). Seriously, a jack in the box. What are we, all mindless children? This is completely unacceptable. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In short I completely agree with you. People go on rants and say they are done with a series for a myriad of reasons, almost all of them are rediculous. This, however, is the type of thing that would do it for me.

The Brotherhood EU codex edition was very cool and seemed more sophisticated. A jack-in-the-box, though an interesting novelty, is an insult to my intelligence. It's like they're saying North Americans can't appreciate sophisticated things so they give us an F'n child's toy.

So what will it be this time? EU gets the Animus Edition with the encyclopedia and we get what, an assassin hoola hoop, or an assassin slinky?

RzaRecta357
06-18-2011, 12:06 AM
I just hope they release the other stuff as seperate DLC alot sooner than later now.

Unlike the skin they didn't ever release for AC2! That really peev'd me and now I'm worried about the turkish outfit and doctor outfit.

Almost think I should try and get THAT edition instead since the other editions stuff has a better chance of releasing as DLC.

IIwangcarsII
06-18-2011, 01:29 AM
To be honest I havent actually seen the animus edition available anywhere else other than ubishop. btw does anyone know why the collectors edition is so cheap? Its £49 on most sites, and it just makes me wonder whether it is going to be so crappy that they had to make it so cheap!

Sporkfighter
06-18-2011, 03:41 AM
I do think it's nice that we get the automatic upgrade but it is ridiuculous that of all the countries out there the US doesn't get all the editions and that goes for a lot of games. I won't stop buying a series I love just because I get screwed over on the extra content at stuff but that doesn't mean it's not bull ****. I also don't understand why Ubisoft won't just make an edition that has the DVD, Soundtrack, Art Book/Encyclopedia, and all the game content from multiplayer characters to skins and capacity upgrades. All I want is the Turkish Assassin's Armor, Vlad's Prison, Capacity Upgrades, The Crusader, The Ottoman Jester, The Ottoman Doctor and then the out of game extras.

Sporkfighter
06-18-2011, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
To be honest I havent actually seen the animus edition available anywhere else other than ubishop. btw does anyone know why the collectors edition is so cheap? Its £49 on most sites, and it just makes me wonder whether it is going to be so crappy that they had to make it so cheap!

I know for sure that the Animus Edition is up on Gamestop's Ireland site and there are for editions so it starts with the Special Edition then Signature Edition then Collector's Edition and finally Animus Edition which is the real collector's edition having the most content and being most expensive. I haven't seen any other pricing on the Collector's Edition but I thought it was closer to $100.

Blind2Society
06-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Sporkfighter:
I won't stop buying a series I love just because I get screwed over on the extra content at stuff but that doesn't mean it's not bull ****.
I agree, what annoys me is not the fact that different places get different things. The thing that annoys me is that it seems Ubi thought; Oh those dumb Americans all they can handle or appreciate is a child's toy. That really gets under my skin.

Anyway, I digress. I'm not mad, I swear. I'm going to buy ACR and I'm going to love it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

IIwangcarsII
06-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Sporkfighter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:

I know for sure that the Animus Edition is up on Gamestop's Ireland site and there are for editions so it starts with the Special Edition then Signature Edition then Collector's Edition and finally Animus Edition which is the real collector's edition having the most content and being most expensive. I haven't seen any other pricing on the Collector's Edition but I thought it was closer to $100. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO I dont see anything superior about the animus edition. It does suck that all americans get is the signature edition though. Well, I have preorderd the collectors edition since its at a good price, its only £5 more than the standard edition after all.

Super_Sausage
06-18-2011, 05:12 AM
I think we should all get the same choices. One region getting a better onethan the others isn't fair in any way. US shouldn't get a better one than Europe or the other way round.
And I would have liked to get the harlequin jack in the box. I thought it was cool.

Blind2Society
06-18-2011, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Super_Sausage:
And I would have liked to get the harlequin jack in the box. I thought it was cool.
So which one would you choose, the EU Codex Edition or the jack-in-the-box?

Super_Sausage
06-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Super_Sausage:
So which one would you choose, the EU Codex Edition or the jack-in-the-box? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither. I'm not spending that much money on a game so I can get a few extra toys. All I need is the game and some extra in-game content, so I get the special or limited or whatever they're called editions.

Blind2Society
06-18-2011, 05:38 AM
I'm not spending that much money on a game so I can get a few extra toys.
That is irrelevant as it was a hypothetical question. Back in November of last year, if you had the money and desire, which would you have chosen? I, personally, would have chosen the EU Codex Edition.

L.Cie
06-18-2011, 05:38 AM

Me as well. I thought it was a unique item, quite different to what other developers offer in CEs, and I was pretty surprised at it.

I still don't understand why people complain about it -- it's pretty interesting.
I still prefer Codex Edition, but I would've been just as happy with the Jack-in-the-Box if Codex wasn't available in my region.

Sporkfighter
06-18-2011, 11:48 AM
I decided to look this up and think it is worth pointing out, Ubisoft Montreal which is in Canada is the head of the AC franchise and nowhere I've looked online for Canada has anything but the Signature Edition which seems weird. So we should probably just stay patient to hear more on editions in North America but it shouldn't be too much longer plus Ubi does tend to announce things a lot closer to release so just something to think about I guess.

Biomedical-Fire
06-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by L.Cie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Super_Sausage:

Me as well. I thought it was a unique item, quite different to what other developers offer in CEs, and I was pretty surprised at it.

I still don't understand why people complain about it -- it's pretty interesting.
I still prefer Codex Edition, but I would've been just as happy with the Jack-in-the-Box if Codex wasn't available in my region. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The jack-in-the-box was made of very cheap plastic, the box that it came in was very flimsy and cheap quality cardboard. Here in N. America, things like jack-in-the-boxes are considered childish no matter who had them made.

If other gaming companies; Japanese, European and American can give every region the same CE, I can't see why Ubisoft can't do the same. I guess they just like making N. Americans feel jealous of the other regions.

L.Cie
06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
The jack-in-the-box was made of very cheap plastic, the box that it came in was very flimsy and cheap quality cardboard. Here in N. America, things like jack-in-the-boxes are considered childish no matter who had them made.

Ah, I see. That's unfortunate. In the images I've seen it looks fairly high-quality. :\
The Codex edition's chest was plastic as well, though of a somewhat heavy grade. I'm pretty sure the Codex itself had a leather, or imitation leather cover, though. I compared it to a few leather collectables I have and the feel was the same.

Ugh, Ubisoft needs to start playing fair. -_- It's probably too late for Revelations now, but here's hoping that ACIII's CEs are universal.

Mad_Fox84
06-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Can you only get this animus edition from gamestop? I live nowhere near any gamestops. Will online retailers, such as game be selling it?

SleezeRocker
06-18-2011, 03:06 PM
The US SIg edition seems fine, but if they make an authentice Collector's Edition that be awesome.

Also who is really in charge of setting up the special editions? You'd think ubisoft montreal would give awesome editions in it's native country (Canada)? Or am I mising something here?

Stowdace
06-18-2011, 03:31 PM
I just came home from preordering at Gamestop and the cashier said that the you get both the content from the Signature and Special Editions in one package. Hope this helps for anyone who plans to do this.

Biomedical-Fire
06-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by L.Cie: Ah, I see. That's unfortunate. In the images I've seen it looks fairly high-quality. :\
The Codex edition's chest was plastic as well, though of a somewhat heavy grade. I'm pretty sure the Codex itself had a leather, or imitation leather cover, though. I compared it to a few leather collectables I have and the feel was the same.

Ugh, Ubisoft needs to start playing fair. -_- It's probably too late for Revelations now, but here's hoping that ACIII's CEs are universal. Granted the jack-in-the-boxes was a novel idea, but they're not something that you give anyone past the age of 4. I was actually an idiot on Brotherhood. When they announced the jack-in-the-boxes, I thought that Ubisoft was actually coming out with an universal CE for all regions. Because they announced the Harlequin and Doctor jack-in-the-boxes, I actually thought that N. America was getting the Harlequin and the EU the Doctor. Boy did I ever feel like an idiot when I found out that the jacks were for us and the EU the Codex Edition. So I don't know what idiot in the Ubisoft hierarchy thinks that us N. Americans would like something different than what those in the EU receive is very wrong.

As a shareholder, maybe I should start going to the shareholder meetings and raise a stink about N. America getting the raw end of the deal when it comes to Collector's Editions of Assassin's Creed.

beatledude210
06-19-2011, 11:39 PM
I doubt they'll listen to the Americans.I don't quite get it, they'd make a lot more profit off of it if they released the same special editions in each country. When Ac2 was announced, they showed off the black edition, and i thought it looked so awesome. Then i searched for it, but to no prevail. I then found it was only available in Europe. Why the heck would they showcase it in American trailers? I just don't know, it's so unfair But I'm still going to buy and love Revelations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CRUDFACE
06-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
I just came home from preordering at Gamestop and the cashier said that the you get both the content from the Signature and Special Editions in one package. Hope this helps for anyone who plans to do this.

Strange, you form N.America to? Because when I looked to see what came with it, it was just the Special edition...when I checked out what came with it. Which is under the Signature, Collector's and of course, the animus.

It includes the game, soundtrack, two characters, and the turkish assassin armor skin...

Can I buy the animus edition from somewhere else to play on my American Xbox 360? Like, if I special order the the Animus edition from europe, can I play it?

And seriously, the Jack n the box was crap. I want that encyclopedia and artbook!

Blind2Society
06-23-2011, 04:47 AM
I'm not absolutely sure but I think problems arise when you play a european copy on an american system. As for what comes with the gamestop upgrade, all the information we have gotten has been very contradicting. Because of that I have based my decision on this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo6Q14vBB1c). At then end of this video is the add I've been going off.

SpaceCowboyAsh
06-25-2011, 01:51 PM
really I just hope that ubisoft gives the US folks a collectors edition cause that came with everything that I really wanted the art book, short film, the crusader and jester (don't care much for doctor), but it would of seemed prudent to put in the new turkish armor cause i would hella buy that I don't care about the weapon upgrades cause i dont really use them but please ubisoft stopping ****ing leaving us out

beatledude210
06-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Can someone PLEASE help me? I have asked this question I don't know how many times, but it has not been answered. Does anyone know if the UK gamestop will ship to the U.S? Because I really want the Animus edition. And if it doesn't, are there any other UK gaming sites that do? SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER!!!!! PLEASE!!!