PDA

View Full Version : Skins and so on...

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:38 PM
Hey everyone!

I just want to say thank you for having me and also express that FB is GOD. No seriously, this game seriously rocks. Wait a minute, it's not a game, but a sim - a way of life.

Now that I have mastered the basics, I want to include and download skins. Therefore, I have two questions and would really appreciate any help you can give me:

1. When I download skins and incorporate them into my folder, the skins will merge with another skin when I fly. How can I just have the one skin on the plane?
2. And secondly, what is the best foolproof way of making your own? How do you do it?

Much appreciated.

CG

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:38 PM
Hey everyone!

I just want to say thank you for having me and also express that FB is GOD. No seriously, this game seriously rocks. Wait a minute, it's not a game, but a sim - a way of life.

Now that I have mastered the basics, I want to include and download skins. Therefore, I have two questions and would really appreciate any help you can give me:

1. When I download skins and incorporate them into my folder, the skins will merge with another skin when I fly. How can I just have the one skin on the plane?
2. And secondly, what is the best foolproof way of making your own? How do you do it?

Much appreciated.

CG

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the madhouse - /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Do you mean that the skins merge or have you just got the 'nationality markings' switch on in your advanced setup?

You'll probably get a better response in the Skinner's Forum, just click on the link at the top of the General Discussion mainpage. Some very talented people in there.

Of course, you being new here, are wondering what the best 'plane is - it's calle the Whirlwind and one day we'll have it here. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://www.uploadit.org/files/150903-Screensig.jpg

Whirlwind Whiner - First Of The Few

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 08:03 PM
1. The merged skins are because you have "show markings" checked in the aircraft customization screen. If you uncheck this box, the "merged" markings will go away.
2. There is no foolproof way but you should start by getting a good software program like Paintshop 7 or Photoshop. I use both for different things. Then check the tutorials at Mudmovers.com
Hope that helps.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 08:06 PM
HI, ok to your questions, first get your self over to www.il2skins.com (http://www.il2skins.com) and peruse the thousands of skins available, select your favourite plane and choice of skins then download them, unzip the skin into the correct aircraft folder in the paintschemes folder and then select them in the arming screen to fly them, make sure the country is set to none in the markings and you thats it.

Some skins will have no markings to allow you to use the in game markings....But as a skinner on il2skins i would just like to wish you a happy welcome, and remember, if the skin you wish is not available use the forums available on there to request one, and one of us will normally satisfy your needs, just give us a while to do it as skins are not a ten second job. Enjoy

you might even like some of mine /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Also forgot to add, want to make your own skin, then check out the main forum on il2skins.com for the FAQ section , it will link you to online demos on how to make a skin and ask at the forum and we will go out of our way to assist you, also try the paint forum on here, again we will help you out /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message Edited on 09/21/0307:08PM by Taylortony

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Fantastic. Many thanks.

CorditeGirl