PDA

View Full Version : Favourite AC and game you were introduced into the series with

AMuppetMatt
05-15-2011, 07:41 AM
OK, I know that there's already a thread on here about your favourite AC game, but hear me out. It's the same thing, BUT I'm also curious to know what AC game you played first. The reason I ask is because I want to see whether people whose favourite game was AC1 (and as such are more likely to be calling for realism, less weapons, a return to the harder fighting etc.) are long running fans of the series; or whether they've adapted to the way the game has gone and prefer it the way it has become.

Basically: People who played AC1 when or shortly after it came out want to see a more AC1 styled game in terms of realism and combat.

The people who played AC2 or Brotherhood first want more weapons, faster climbing, less stealth etc.

I want to see whether there IS a correlation there.

AMuppetMatt
05-15-2011, 07:41 AM
OK, I know that there's already a thread on here about your favourite AC game, but hear me out. It's the same thing, BUT I'm also curious to know what AC game you played first. The reason I ask is because I want to see whether people whose favourite game was AC1 (and as such are more likely to be calling for realism, less weapons, a return to the harder fighting etc.) are long running fans of the series; or whether they've adapted to the way the game has gone and prefer it the way it has become.

Basically: People who played AC1 when or shortly after it came out want to see a more AC1 styled game in terms of realism and combat.

The people who played AC2 or Brotherhood first want more weapons, faster climbing, less stealth etc.

I want to see whether there IS a correlation there.

PhiIs1618033
05-15-2011, 07:50 AM
My first game was AC2, but AC1 became my favourite. :P

ShaneO7K
05-15-2011, 08:00 AM
AC1 was my first and I still think it was best even though it had it's flaws.

The new game should follow AC1 more with the difficulty of the guards, the guards won't run away scared mid-way through a fight. More room for stealth something AC2 and ACB lacked. Faster climbing and new weapons. And special more skilled guards and only is a limited number of them like the Templars from AC1.

itsamea-mario
05-15-2011, 08:06 AM
@Phil, in your sig, is that the golden ratio?

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-15-2011, 08:27 AM
I was introduced to Assassin's Creed with the concept art shown by Ubisoft a year before the first game's Nov 2007 release. So i've been pretty much following the AC series since about Sept of 2006.
I'm someone who is extremely interested in the historical aspect of games and no one else does it better or in a richer manner than Ubisoft.
I patiently waited for AC1 to be released, trying to dig up as much info on it as time went, in the same manner as everyone else does here before the new release of an AC game. Except back then, there was no cult-following like there is now and dedicated AC forums were non-existant hehe.

Loved the first one despite all the reviewers saying how it was "repetative", I still loved being able to visit important sites in the Holy Land on horseback. Just the whole environment, the music, the backround noises in Damascus, etc. It felt like you were there. Centuries in the past.
ACII + ACB were different games. Different settings, characters(for the most part), music, etc. Absolutely loved being in Italy during the renaissance and exploring important locations in history with the freedom that Ubisoft allows. It was great and the fact that Months after ACII's release I would be getting married and going on my honeymoon trip to Italy and visit most of the locations in person was even better!

I love Assassin's Creed games and they are without a doubt my favorite. I am 28 yrs old and have played my fair share of games since owning an Atari & NES as a kid.
That being said, I don't think I can think of ONE favorite out of the whole series to be quite honest. I love them all. The story writing is excellent and keeps you wanting more and more.
Assassin's Creed = My drug.

itsamea-mario
05-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Don't you mean 'Anti-drug' Gotta be PC for the kids and all that.

SleezeRocker
05-15-2011, 08:54 AM
1st Game I played was Assassin's Creed 1.

Back when I 1st got my PS3 in 08 around christmas time, they had a used game sale going on, and many games were gone. So the 3 I picked up were MGS4, Soul Calibur4, and Assasisn's Creed.
There wan't much choice but MGS4 was definate take, Soul Calibur...there wasn't much to pick from. Finally Assassin's Creed.

When I saw the cover, something about it called to me. I had NEVEr heard of AC before, but somehow I knew I'd like this game and for 20$ it was steal.

Now When I cam back home, I actually popped in AC as my 1st choice. I like MGS alot but I had some taste of it from my cousin since he got the ps3 1st and I played MGS4.

So I decide to try out AC 1st.
And I thought "....What an awesome muthaF game!"
So I ended up finishing AC 1st over MGS4 Hahaha XD

It was so awesome that when I read gameinformer back in summer 09, the head topic was "Assassin's Creed 2"....I screamed "YEAH!!!" lol

So far ASsassin's Creed 2 is still my all time favorite. I(we)'ll see how ACr works out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Avl521
05-15-2011, 10:03 AM
1st one I played was AC1. I loved that game so mcuh it became my favorite game ever. Then came AC II, and became my favorite, and my 1st platinum trophy. Now we're in Brotherhood which I absolutely loved as well.

AC1 has a special place in my heart because it introduced me to what is now my favorite franchise. However, I have to say in terms of gameplay, AC:B was my favorite, though I didn't like the 100% sync conditions and I would have liked more stealth a la AC1.
In terms of Story, AC1 was my favorite. I think it had the best villain so far (Al Mualim.) though my favorite main villain is Cesare Borgia.
As for the amount of impact, I think AC:B is my favorite mainly because it introduced so many new yet awesome concepts, specially Multiplayer, which I NEVER thought would work in AC, and turned out to be awesome.

So yeah, I've been playing since the first game and would admittedly like more stealth, however I like the action we've had so far. Basically improve both ends of the pectrum: add more stealth, and add more action oriented mechanics.

iN3krO
05-15-2011, 10:59 AM
My first game was ac1... i hadn't been addicted to it but i've enjoyed it very much (the repetition in the missions made me less addicted)...
Than when ac2 were announced i was too excited (ac was still on a second plan to me)... when ac2 was released i bought it like 1 week latter (no money for pre-purchanse) and i've been addicted to it, the gta-style missions catched my attention but the game felt really, really easy... Ac2 made me felt in love for the game (cuz of the story) but i was missing the CREED which was fogotten at ac2... Than AcB was announced... i've spammed the forum with suggestion to don't make the game so easy incentiving the stealthy way making the chose of agresive ways only for skilled ppl... As you see i was ignored and AcB was even easier than ac2 (even with guards AI improvement) AcB althought gave me a more ac1-felling.. if you havn't noticed they returned for the scheme:
- Introduce the player to the game
- Make starting missions
- Lose everything
- Make your enemy week
- Finish your enemy

Exatly like ac1... making the enemy weeker gave me a little of ac1-type missions...

I can't tell you to make a game similar to ac1 cuz it wasn't that good (but it's my favourite) i just want ubisoft to see what made ac1 the favourite game of the series for almost everyone and put it back for Ac3 (yeah i know that in AcR they will make it easier so i will stop making suggestions for AcR...)

PhiIs1618033
05-15-2011, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
@Phil, in your sig, is that the golden ratio? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you'd read in a Serif font (that's the standard font for forum names here), you would've noticed that my name is Phi Is 1618033... So, yeah, definitely golden ratio right there. To fourteen decimal places, at least. :P

itsamea-mario
05-15-2011, 12:06 PM
All this time i thought it was Phil then some random numbers, never noticed it in your name, cool nonetheless.

LaCava1
05-15-2011, 12:26 PM
First option.

I heard about AC1 from my buddy (we were actually very young at the time) and I knew I wanted to get it... My dad bought it for me, and he also loves the series. So the answer for me (and my dad) is AC1 is the first game, and I want it similar.