PDA

View Full Version : PE-2 not possible to run with "IL-2 complete edition"

morton1954
01-02-2007, 04:33 PM
First i got the message "RTS.DLL" missing. So i finally found a patch where i could download it and copy it into the IL-2 PE-2 folder.

Then retrying to run the game, i get the message: "insert disc 2 and restart " ?????

Now, what to do? Seems somebody forgot to update the installer/game after the Complete Edition DVD was released!

Morton

Philipscdrw
01-03-2007, 03:35 AM
Il-2 doesn't run from the "Il-2 Pe-2" folder - that's the place where Boontybox puts the Pe-2 files when it 'installs'. What you need to do is this:

- The il2.exe and il2fb.exe files in the "Il-2 Pe-2" folder have unnecessary Boontybox protection/spyware bits that you don't need. Rename them to il2.exe_bb and il2fb.exe_bb in case we're all wrong and you do need them again!

- Copy all the files in "Il-2 Pe-2" folder to a CD-R - that way you can reinstall Pe-2 without using Boontybox or the internet.

- Copy the files from "Il-2 Pe-2" to the folder where Il-2 Complete Edition is installed.

- Uninstall Boontybox and remove any extra Boonty folders from your PC.

And that should make Pe-2 work - your installation will now be version 4.05m and you'll get the "Pe-2 Peshka" legend on the loading screen.

If you play online, you might want to be able to switch back to 4.04m - people might still stick to that version for a while. In that case, you'll need to keep the "files.sfs" from your current install. Create a folder called 404m in your Complete Edition folder and copy files.sfs into it, and copy the Pe-2 files.sfs into a folder called 405m. When you want to switch versions, just copy the appropriate files.sfs into the Complete Edition folder.

Hope that helps!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------------------------------------
PhilipsCDRw

PF_Tini's Simple Guide to Switching 4.04m, 4.05m, and 4.07m. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/7351046415)
Flying on Hyperlobby as EAF_T_Dozer

morton1954
01-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks a lot Philips! I will try this later today.

Morton1954