PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!! It looks like the whole Imperial Fleet...

radiomir
03-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi everybody,
on my second patrol I've been asked to deploy out of the Philippines (I'm based in Manila 1941 during the Jap offensive, just bataan if left... by now).
By exiting the bay I've spotted what it looks to be the entire Japanese Fleet! Two yamato battleships one heavy cruiser Fuso class, numerous other cruisers and destroyer. I started my attack run... with high realism setting (unfortunatley I cannot use the manual computing mechanism cause I'm not able to understand how to estimate speed, see my other post on community help "speed estimation"). Two days after, I've spotted another (bigger if possible) military convoy: 4 carrier, 1 yamato battleship, 1 heavy cruiser kongo class, lot other cruiser and destroyer and some tanker two... I started my attack run again.

Result of my second patrol is, by now, 117.892 tons sunk. Read: yamato btls, fuso crsr, hiryu carrier, 2 destroyer. 5 more torpedo are left!

Am I lucky or it is so frequent to find big convoy like this in this phase (1941) of the game???

Anyway, I've not fulfilled my objective yet... engage and sunk merchant shipping!!! Comsubpac guys are really thankless...

Regards!
USS Sturgeon

relcox
03-28-2007, 03:08 PM
hi there don't mind me, just thought you should know this is the SH3 forum and there is a separate forum for SH4 where your posts would better placed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

radiomir
03-29-2007, 02:48 AM
Thanks! Now I know it. I've reposted in the right place...