PDA

View Full Version : Windows cursor in Il-2 - and no escape key?

effte
11-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Going from FB to AEP to PF with patches and fixes along the way created a bit of a mishmash in the install, so I decided to make a fresh install from the ground up. Uninstalled, reinstalled from FB and onwards. Ran Il2setup to configure things, started il2fb.exe.

First, it started in windowed mode. "No biggie", thought I, and set it to full screen in the in-game video config.

Now, when I run a track of fly a mission, it is like if Il-2 hasn't got full focus. Most keys work, but not the escape key. The mouse cursor is the windows cursor rather than the Il-2 cursor and it remains on screen when I go into the 3D engine. This means I cannot move the mouse anymore once the cursor gets to the edge of the screen, hindering me from panning around.

What has happened? And what can I do about it?

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600 GFX card with the 4.11 Catalyst drivers.

Regards,
Fred

effte
11-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Going from FB to AEP to PF with patches and fixes along the way created a bit of a mishmash in the install, so I decided to make a fresh install from the ground up. Uninstalled, reinstalled from FB and onwards. Ran Il2setup to configure things, started il2fb.exe.

First, it started in windowed mode. "No biggie", thought I, and set it to full screen in the in-game video config.

Now, when I run a track of fly a mission, it is like if Il-2 hasn't got full focus. Most keys work, but not the escape key. The mouse cursor is the windows cursor rather than the Il-2 cursor and it remains on screen when I go into the 3D engine. This means I cannot move the mouse anymore once the cursor gets to the edge of the screen, hindering me from panning around.

What has happened? And what can I do about it?

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600 GFX card with the 4.11 Catalyst drivers.

Regards,
Fred

Tully__
11-21-2004, 08:35 AM
The ESC key thing I can fix, the other is an issue for Community Help forum.

For the ESC key, open the conf.ini file in notepad (you'll find it in your game folder) and look for these two lines:

[HotKey gui]
Escape=activate

If they're not there, add them, save the file and exit.

flyingscampi
11-21-2004, 10:07 AM
I had the exact same thing recently - the mouse cursor is visible in the game screen which messes up the panning and the only way to quit is Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I re-installed and this cleared it.

effte
11-22-2004, 06:44 AM
I resolved it. It was due to the install programs only installing a partial conf.ini. The cursor problem is solved by inserting

[rts]
mouseUse=2

However, all the hookview sections and so on are still missing. Cruddy job on the installers, to say the least!