PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Disconnects with Cheap Thrills (Xbox Kinect)

greekphysics
05-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Are there still connectivity issues with Just Dance Unlimited? I know you've been improving connectivity issues, especially with the World Dance Floor. (By the way, my experience on the World Dance Floor has improved considerably since mid-March. I've only been disconnected from the World Dance Floor once in the past few weeks, and that was when I was trying to join it, so it didn't really affect anything.)

I will share my recent experience in case the feedback with Unlimited may be helpful.

Last night, I danced to 8 different Unlimited songs without any issues. This morning, I started out with Cheap Thrills (main version). It disconnected about half a minute into the dance, which was frustrating because I was off to a great start. When I retried the dance, the second time with a perfect start, it disconnected in the exact same position. The point of disconnect is the big right arm sweep (it's identical to the gold moves, except that the first time this move comes up it isn't scored as a gold move).

So I switched over to the Bollywood version of Cheap Thrills just to see if other dances would work. I finished the Bollywood version without any issues.

So I switched back to the main version of Cheap Thrills, hoping that the issue would resolve. Nope. The third time it disconnected in the exact same position again.

Then I did a few 2019 dances. I didn't have any issues with those, but curiously my Xbox shut itself down after I finished the alternate version of Where Are We Now. (Fortunately, when I restarted the game, I noticed that it did save my new hi score.)

Since my Xbox had to restart, I tried the main version of Cheap Thrills again, hoping that the issue might now be resolved. The fourth time turned out to be the charm, as it let me complete the dance. Unfortunately, I didn't have the perfect start like I had on my second and third attempts, but I nailed the harder moves later in the dance and improved my previous hi score significantly. All's well that ends well, I suppose. I'm certainly happy about the end result.

The main version of Cheap Thrills is one of my favorite dances from Unlimited. For me, that dance alone is worth my subscription. As long as the dance works. I hope this won't be an ongoing problem.

I like the main version of Cheap Thrills for the technical subtleties in the choreography. Xbox Kinect scoring is quite demanding on this dance. I didn't understand or appreciate all of the little technical minor details when I did this dance avidly two years ago, but last night when I reviewed the choreography I immediately saw some little technical points that I hadn't known to look for before. So it was no surprise that I improved my previous hi score today. (Well, my hi score is actually better on the community remix version of this dance in 2015, but even though the choreography is exactly the same in the community remix, I'm convinced that the scoring is slightly easier in that community remix version.)

One great thing about Unlimited is that it helps to see how much I've improved as a Just Dancer in the past two years. I'm seeing little technical issues now that in the past I had never known to look for.

On the other hand, a few of the Unlimited dances can be difficult to score on when I've lost my feel for the dance (I discovered this with What Is Love).

I have a little request. Check out the girls dancing in the background of What Is Love. Their costumes are completely unrelated to the costume of the coach. I like the costumes that those girls are wearing in the background. It would be pretty cool to have a dance where the coach (or coaches) use(s) those costumes (or something similar to them) in the future. Thank you.

UbiSailorScout
05-15-2019, 06:57 PM
Hey greekphysics! Thank you for the report. Just to clarify, has the game crashed during Cheap Thrills at that same point ever since you restarted it?

greekphysics
05-19-2019, 06:38 PM
Hey greekphysics! Thank you for the report. Just to clarify, has the game crashed during Cheap Thrills at that same point ever since you restarted it?
I retried Cheap Thrills today, and am happy to report that I was able to complete the dance without any issues. :-) I haven't yet experienced problems with any of the other dances. Fingers crossed.

UbiGabrinth
05-19-2019, 07:59 PM
Please let us know if these issues return. I'm glad to hear that everything is working for you now. :)