PDA

View Full Version : proud of my AA gunner

general_kalle
02-11-2006, 09:37 AM
i was patroling around BF13 when i decided to go into Methyr as my first Harbour Raid
on the way in i suddenly met air attacks of...
11 Sunderlands i put my Flak gunner on my duble flak gun and let him shoot
i found out that if i stayed on the surface they didnt drop bombs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
Y

i stayed on surface and made my AA gunner do his job.
he shot down 10 sunderlands i think!!!
very nice!!! he stands for promotion!!!

Lochmann1957
02-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Don't forget to give him a cookie as well. A promotion in nice but a tasty, tasty treat is always welcome!

wessenhammer
02-11-2006, 10:30 AM
the gunners both flak and deck gun got the first good medals of my crew, I've read here in the forums that suggestion and seems to work good, they more often than not shoot down airplanes from LONG range now as long as I keep the boat steady enough.

With the medals I distribute a 1/2 dozen Oreos as added incentive.

general_kalle
02-11-2006, 02:40 PM
i just dont understand y they dosnt drop bombs when at surface??? anyone???

Foehammer-1
02-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh, they do! Today both my flak gunners and my watch officer were killed, as well as Conning tower was destroyed by just one bomb

blastomatic1759
02-11-2006, 05:58 PM
i used to have an excellent flak gunner , i think he ended up being in a POW camp. This guy was so good he could shoot down small birds. but he ended up smoking a sunderland which in turned crashed into U-204 , sinking it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I hope my new Flak gunner is nearly as good as he is, cause hes still alive!!

TooFastForLove.
02-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I find that if an enemy plane is getting shot at it will drop its bombs well short of you then fly away. However that doesn't seem to help much if its traveling with others, as they will drop much more on target.

AO1_AW_SW_USN
02-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Manually splashing Sunderlands is target practice... if you can manage to manually splash a B-24, then I will worship you !!!