PDA

View Full Version : So now that weekly content is gone ...

rottmeister
05-10-2019, 03:18 PM
... would it be possible to focus more on gear sets and whatnot?
In my opinion new gear sets breathe new life into an already existing character. it's tiring to see the same cosmetics over and over for x amount of reputations. If these were more regular (for example once a season, like executions) there's be way more customization and player expression!

Shaman is one of the heroes who's in my opinion severely lacking diversity. She basically only has 3 main sets that vary a little bit. Don't get me wrong I like new illustrious and mythic outfits with all the pizazz, but I'd prefer more gear sets.

I don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but I think we definitely have enough weapon sets and variations. Something fresh once in a while can do a lot. The season 8 cosmetics made me pick up PK and Nobu again. Adding gearsets more regularly than once every two years would be a good thing! This way people won't freak out if they don't like the gear since they might get a better one the next season similarly with executions.

Knight_Raime
05-10-2019, 03:26 PM
I'd also like to see more gear sets. But I think that's right up there in terms of difficulty for them to do as things like new animations. Which is why most reworks/updates don't really have any.

Illyrian_King
05-10-2019, 03:33 PM
Would be great to see new armours again. Especially since the new year 3 heroes have just 3 sets of armour. I would rather spend steel on that.

rottmeister
05-10-2019, 03:37 PM
I'd also like to see more gear sets. But I think that's right up there in terms of difficulty for them to do as things like new animations. Which is why most reworks/updates don't really have any.

That's true. Maybe it's possible to find a bit of a middleground?
Maybe they could release the sets in waves: Faction/Class wise?

Or maybe they could cut some time from other things such as the weapon sets?
In my opinion we've gotten enough weapon sets already so maybe they could spend some of that time on designing new gear sets? It takes a while to scroll through all the weapon sets and there's already loads to choose from. i'm not saying to completely stop creating new weapon sets, but just ... less. For the majority of events and seasons we've gotten new weapons.

rottmeister
05-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Would be great to see new armours again. Especially since the new year 3 heroes have just 3 sets of armour. I would rather spend steel on that.

It'd also be nice for the year 1 DLC heroes to get more unique sets that aren't just fancy variations of already existing gear.

UbiInsulin
05-10-2019, 09:37 PM
I can let the team know that this would be an appealing direction to go. :)