PDA

View Full Version : can you tell me

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 04:44 AM
-Where I can actually learn how to use the FMB? I have been thru mudmovers and I have been able to insert things on a map, but the in's and out's of the process are baffling me.
I want to be able to set up a map to fly bomber missions with ai planes and I cannot figure out how to do this. I wanted to post this here because I felt that I would get the quick responses I need, as I want to go home and work on it tonight after work. Any links, suggestions, tips, on where to look or what to read would be most appriciated. I know this will be one of those questions that is allways brought up but after being totally confused by the mudmovers info, I wasn't sure where else to ask and I did not see much help in the mission builder forum.

_Thanks folks!_

<marquee>Stukageschwader 77 : coming soon to an airbase near you. </marquee>

Remember: It's not just a job, it's a chance to bomb the crap out of everything you see and NOT get called a dirty vulcher!

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 04:44 AM
-Where I can actually learn how to use the FMB? I have been thru mudmovers and I have been able to insert things on a map, but the in's and out's of the process are baffling me.
I want to be able to set up a map to fly bomber missions with ai planes and I cannot figure out how to do this. I wanted to post this here because I felt that I would get the quick responses I need, as I want to go home and work on it tonight after work. Any links, suggestions, tips, on where to look or what to read would be most appriciated. I know this will be one of those questions that is allways brought up but after being totally confused by the mudmovers info, I wasn't sure where else to ask and I did not see much help in the mission builder forum.

_Thanks folks!_

Remember: It's not just a job, it's a chance to bomb the crap out of everything you see and NOT get called a dirty vulcher!

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 04:45 AM
I found the best way was to just keep trying until it worked how I wanted it. Start with the Mudmovers guide, and after an afternoon or two, it all becomes obvious and intuitive.
Good luck!

<center>http://mysite.freeserve.com/Endodontics/sigs/VirtualWhirlwind.jpg?0.462078665432008762 </center>
Whirlwind Whiner - "New To The Few!"

"So save your prayers for when we're really gonna need 'em.
Throw out your cares and fly...
Wanna go for a ride?

-Billy Corgan

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 04:48 AM
Look here:

http://www.il2center.com/technika/

and ask questions at the Mission Builder Forum

Bun-Bun

<center>
http://home.attbi.com/~argylestransom/Pics/p-39Q.jpg

</center>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 04:51 AM
tnx guys. I will start looking at il2 center, as far as mudmovers was concerned, I got nothing from the FMB 101 posts. Nothing against mudmovers, wich is a great site, just didn't help me much.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:11 AM
-Damn! this stuff is complicated. Am I allowed to ask if I could just get a finished map from someone? I got the itch flying in bogeys server last night. He had some [alot] ai planes available and I had a blast [literally] flying the Pe-8 and dropping the 5000 kg on the airbase! I even saved the track so I could prove to myself that it was actually possible. Is there anyone who has a preloaded map with ai a/c available to fly that would take pity on a poor stupid impatient pilot who needs a fix? I would be willing to barter or even pay actual $$ for someone's time. Nothing insane, but I understand that putting this stuff together takes alot of time and I would be happy to pay for it.-Anyone???

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:17 AM
BUMP-anyone?

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:22 AM
My advice to you is to start with an exist mission that you like and try to modify it. Just try changing some plane types and moving some ground objects around. When you run into trouble, check the Technika docs until you can do it.

You'll learn by doing. Always the best way.

<center>
http://members.verizon.net/~vze2cb22/KosSig.gif

America: #1 military...#15 in literacy...
Because right wingers run our military
and leftists run our schools!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:23 AM
this is the wrong forum

there is a forum especially dedicated to using the FMB

everything you need will be over there

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 05:27 AM
WTE_Galway wrote:
- this is the wrong forum
-
-
- there is a forum especially dedicated to using the
- FMB
-
- everything you need will be over there
-
-

I understand that, m8, but I was watching that forum and some other folks had asked the same kind of general question and got no responses. That is why I am asking out here, because I got folks to get right back to me. I appriciate the post.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 06:20 AM
one more bump! -anyone want to take me up on my question/offer? If not, I'll go bugger off now, but tnx anyways folks.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 06:22 AM
hang on a mo there sport

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 06:26 AM
What you must do is edit one of your DOGFIGHT missions. In windows, with notepad.

You can only fly the AI planes in a dogfight server! You can fly offline of course but only by yourself not in a mission with other aircraft.

Open up the dogfight mission and look for the [Born Place] 's

Those are the airbases where you can 'spawn'.

In order to fly AI planes at that base you add their names to the list in the correct form. The pe-8 is 'Pe-8' . Save the mission file, start an offline dogfight server and choose the craft at the base you edited.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 06:33 AM
This is the kind of stuff I need! THANK YOU SIR! I donno if I have notepad and I have never used it, but I will start there and check it out tonight at home. If you could be just a tad more specific, that would help[do I open up notepad and search for the DF missions in my ubi folder?]but I will take whatever I can get. Thanks again for the data, dude!

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 06:58 AM
Copy the text between the dotted lines and put this in a text file called PE8.mis

Put that file into the folder FB\Missions\Net\dogfight\1

Start FB, click on multiplayer, start a dogfight server, find the mission, load it and start flying! There is only one base, and only two aircraft available - TB-3 and Pe-8

hope this helps!
------------------------------------------

[MAIN]
MAP Net5Summer/load.ini
TIME 12.0
CloudType 0
CloudHeight 1000.0
army 1
playerNum 0
[NStationary]
[Buildings]
[BornPlace]