PDA

View Full Version : Toxic losers

Manu_Ostar
05-06-2019, 12:11 AM
Recently I was playing dominion with a friend, and I was having a very good game as Centurion, surviving 1vX almost the entire match. I figured I was doing well until another player on the other team (A centurion who needed practice) says in the chat:
"Report this cent"
Why do people get so worked up over players that are better than them? I can understand being like "Woah this guy is good, perhaps he can teach me a few things about playing this character", as I have. But then you have people that just talk major trash to you. Throughout the match, this unnamed centurion kept complaining about how I was hacking and that I should be reported, which tbh I didn't even really acknowledge that hacks existed for this game.

Unfortunately for me, at the end of the match my team lost because I was the only competent player I guess. And he proceeds to go out of his way to call me "Toxic hacker S**t, get out of my lobby"
Not sure how we can combat this issue, but I don't particularly enjoy getting talked down to by some kid with a shriveled ****, who feels the need to flaunt it, pardon my french. I suppose my idea is already implemented through the report system. Just wish it kicked people instantaneously from lobbies if the majority of people in the lobby report them. That way we wouldn't have to deal with salty people.

ArchDukeInstinct
05-06-2019, 12:26 AM
Well OP, look at it this way, you lost a game rigged against you, but they broke down into tears after getting clapped by a Centurion. That's a W in the book.

SpaceJim12
05-06-2019, 12:36 AM
The problem with For Honor is sometimes you "good days" looks like cheating. I started to play as Tiandi and did bad with him. After rep 3 I figured out his play style and try different tactics. Once I play against who think they are very cool. And when I kill them all with a Tiandi, they reported me as a cheater. And, you know, I think in same situation I, maybe, whould do the same. Next game I can't land a hit and died 12 times, so.=)

And toxic players is a nature of For Honor. Game where every accident move or little mistake could ruin your fight easy make you angre. So just play the game and don't care about people in chat.

UbiInsulin
05-06-2019, 01:38 AM
Recently I was playing dominion with a friend, and I was having a very good game as Centurion, surviving 1vX almost the entire match. I figured I was doing well until another player on the other team (A centurion who needed practice) says in the chat:
"Report this cent"
Why do people get so worked up over players that are better than them? I can understand being like "Woah this guy is good, perhaps he can teach me a few things about playing this character", as I have. But then you have people that just talk major trash to you. Throughout the match, this unnamed centurion kept complaining about how I was hacking and that I should be reported, which tbh I didn't even really acknowledge that hacks existed for this game.

Unfortunately for me, at the end of the match my team lost because I was the only competent player I guess. And he proceeds to go out of his way to call me "Toxic hacker S**t, get out of my lobby"
Not sure how we can combat this issue, but I don't particularly enjoy getting talked down to by some kid with a shriveled ****, who feels the need to flaunt it, pardon my french. I suppose my idea is already implemented through the report system. Just wish it kicked people instantaneously from lobbies if the majority of people in the lobby report them. That way we wouldn't have to deal with salty people.

Really sorry this happened, first of all. Congrats on outplaying this individual (even if it wasn't quite enough to carry your team). The in-game reporting system is indeed what should be used to address these situations.

I think I've seen something like this in every PvP game I've played unfortunately. I am good at approximately 0 games and have been personally accused of hacking in several of them, including Siege. I believe I responded by telling the person that my K/D ratio in that match was godawful, so it didn't make sense for me to be hacking - I had in fact shot them through a wall by accident. :|

Manu_Ostar
05-06-2019, 03:44 AM
Well OP, look at it this way, you lost a game rigged against you, but they broke down into tears after getting clapped by a Centurion. That's a W in the book.

To be honest... I can agree. It basically is a win XD

Manu_Ostar
05-06-2019, 03:46 AM
Really sorry this happened, first of all. Congrats on outplaying this individual (even if it wasn't quite enough to carry your team). The in-game reporting system is indeed what should be used to address these situations.

I think I've seen something like this in every PvP game I've played unfortunately. I am good at approximately 0 games and have been personally accused of hacking in several of them, including Siege. I believe I responded by telling the person that my K/D ratio in that match was godawful, so it didn't make sense for me to be hacking - I had in fact shot them through a wall by accident. :|

I'm always okay with losing matches. Never really bothers me, only people like this. It's actually interesting though. The more skilled players are, the more respectful they are in-game. It always seems to be the guys who are not very good that try to demoralize people.

Manu_Ostar
05-06-2019, 03:50 AM
The problem with For Honor is sometimes you "good days" looks like cheating. I started to play as Tiandi and did bad with him. After rep 3 I figured out his play style and try different tactics. Once I play against who think they are very cool. And when I kill them all with a Tiandi, they reported me as a cheater. And, you know, I think in same situation I, maybe, whould do the same. Next game I can't land a hit and died 12 times, so.=)

And toxic players is a nature of For Honor. Game where every accident move or little mistake could ruin your fight easy make you angre. So just play the game and don't care about people in chat.

Thanks for the response! I'm not too beaten up about it. I'm honestly more concerned with the dude's mental state at this point tbh. A few days back, I was fighting a Black Prior with over 300 total reps and he had a Rep 57 black prior. Destroyed him with my rep 10 Cent and then he also complained about me in the match. Said that my ping was bad even though it stayed at a consistent 30 the entire match. Seems like anyone who is doing poorly will look for any excuse to not let their self-esteem take a hit. I remember when these kinds of games were all just memes XD

Klingentaenz3r
05-06-2019, 10:39 AM
I'm always okay with losing matches. Never really bothers me, only people like this. It's actually interesting though. The more skilled players are, the more respectful they are in-game. It always seems to be the guys who are not very good that try to demoralize people.

it is often those at least that cry "cheaters this cheater that" and throwing all those words (like "toxic, tryhard, spam, no skill"etc) in that would actually suit themselves all around with their displayed behavior ironically. Too bad that those people don't get punished for filing in a false report. However as stated above you should on the other hand report them. Best would be to make a video.

But don't assume in the higher ups people are suddenly much nicer. There are plenty of skilled people who are very unpleasant and toxic as well. Saltminers are everywhere and the game offers just plenty of possibilities and mechanics to tease and taunt your opponent and make them rage if you want to.

allenhollow
05-06-2019, 12:23 PM
same thing happened to me someone reported me for cheating because i'll killed all the enemy team by my own with my musha XD

MCBooma16
05-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Happens sometimes OP. Went 24-0 in a game of Dom with the new Raider, some cheese stain Orochi along with his literal all-weep party obviously would make a deal out of it since, ye know, I can parry lights on console and can anti-gank nicely. :\

Just laugh it off. If they're getting clapped, (especially by cent wtf) then rub it in their face and keep being a beast.