PDA

View Full Version : Hyper armor is out of control / breaking the game

Playing_Mantis
05-04-2019, 11:07 AM
Deos the raider need hyper armor too? everyone is getting hyper armor and it makes the game feel more defensive if your a character like orochi that doesn't have it. its a trade fest. you can't even attack these guys in fear of just getting traded out. hyper armor is the stupidest thing in the game right now.. Raider is straight op as ****. they game it to zerker then basically on everyone after that.. my god ubi. sorry orochi players out there. your ****ed now. assassins can't trade against this ****.

Sweaty_Sock
05-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Try with PK :)

Faithly88
05-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Assassins are in the worst place they have ever been since I've been playing....

This season trying to play Orochi is pure pain... constant heavies you cannnnot trade with.

Playing_Mantis
05-05-2019, 12:25 AM
no its impossible. so now by overbuffing they made a worse problem by hurting too many other classes. orochi players and pk players.. wow, i can't even imagine trying to compete. so if the raider buff helps the raider but hurts everyone else is this really a good thing for the game?

DireNazgul
05-05-2019, 03:19 PM
Hyper armor can seem op, but side attacks assassins use are more so, and always have been. Few characters can defend against side attacks.

Vendelkin
05-05-2019, 07:39 PM
Assassins are in the worst place they have ever been since I've been playing....

This season trying to play Orochi is pure pain... constant heavies you cannnnot trade with.

Hyper armor can seem op, but side attacks assassins use are more so, and always have been. Few characters can defend against side attacks.

Side attacks (i assume you mean dodge attacks) are not limited to assassins so this argument is moot. Also defending against them is usually very easy feint and parry them. Heck in most case feint and just block em. They generally dont provoke specific reaction or force it via unblockable. In fact some hyper armor dirrectly counters side dodges

It is absolutely true that currently assassins as a whole are weaker than the other roles.

Kensei side dodge attack. Raider side gb. Ward/conq side dodge bash (which also interrupts hyper armor follow ups). Lawbring dodge bash. Nobushi (even if they are hard to dodge with) Tiandi's which is very effective. Jiang jun. Valkyrie kind of. Shaolin but hes basically an assassin.

Im fine with hyper armor in the game. But it is also true that assassins are very much in the weakest position right now

UbiInsulin
05-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Side attacks (i assume you mean dodge attacks) are not limited to assassins so this argument is moot. Also defending against them is usually very easy feint and parry them. Heck in most case feint and just block em. They generally dont provoke specific reaction or force it via unblockable. In fact some hyper armor dirrectly counters side dodges

It is absolutely true that currently assassins as a whole are weaker than the other roles.

Kensei side dodge attack. Raider side gb. Ward/conq side dodge bash (which also interrupts hyper armor follow ups). Lawbring dodge bash. Nobushi (even if they are hard to dodge with) Tiandi's which is very effective. Jiang jun. Valkyrie kind of. Shaolin but hes basically an assassin.

Im fine with hyper armor in the game. But it is also true that assassins are very much in the weakest position right now

Yeah, I would say that it's conventional wisdom that the reflex guard heroes are in a tougher spot (to some extent).

Zombie.Face
05-05-2019, 10:22 PM
do you think were getting too many characters hyper armor trading now? it feels this way to me. I'm scared to even attack these guys. :/ feels turtle.

Meanpie13
05-06-2019, 12:26 AM
I mentioned this before. Hyper armor has became a double edged sword. It was added to make certain characters have a more viable offense, but now there's so much that other characters have to turtle. Ironically, it hasn't helped the game as a whole become more offense oriented. For Honor is much less fun now. Raider is so OP he's not fun to use; when I have to fight one I just want to turn the game off. Sakura has so much hyper armor you can't really do much to start up offense unless you have a descent neutral bash. It's almost as bad as Berzerker, but at least I can block most of Sakura's attacks. And poor Lawbringer, he's pretty much the worst character in the game now. Sure his offense is slightly better, but it's not enough to help you win more. Shove on block carried the entire fight before.

Playing_Mantis
05-06-2019, 03:09 AM
yes i agree Meanpie13. I'm fine with a few characters getting hyper armor but its too much now. u have to turtle vs the sakura. good luck trying to throw neutral attacks at this dude. unless your a zerker maybe.

Wolfheart86
05-06-2019, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I would say that it's conventional wisdom that the reflex guard heroes are in a tougher spot (to some extent).

Reflex guard is a handicap now. Why is it still in the game? I can't even count the times i lost because of it even when my reactions were spot on. It's the main reason i don't play assassins at all nowdays. Heavies and Vanguards do more damage and have safe block so why should i even bother with assassins?