PDA

View Full Version : Missing ground shadows in certain areas of the game for character and NPC

Chirokitsune
11-14-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm playing the PS3 version and I noticed something while playing which is bugging the hell out of me but Altier and anyone who might be in a indoor custcene or while exploring the "other" area are missing shadows on the ground. I don't know if this was intentional or someone forgot something or maybe a setting on my game is off (on a console game?) but it fells really unnatural. I mean it looks like they have the self-shadowing but they lack a ground shadow. Under normal play in the out-door areas its there but indoors it doesn't look right. Has anyone else noticed this? I haven't been able to locate any pictures and such but I can take a picture later if you need proof. Also I don't know if this is present on the 360 version.

joshuagiraffe
11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Could you please post a picture?

Chirokitsune
11-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok here's what I understand based on what I see. THere is shadow as long as the light source is created by the sun. Any ambient light source created by stuff like lamps and such do not seem to create any shadows where there should be. Now the thing is the environment will give shadows such as tables. but not the NPCs or Altier.
http://www.nekodreams.net/assassinsCreed/ac_001.jpg

This is the first guild you get to. There is a lamp directly above Altair. He should produce a shadow of some sort, even just right below him. It almost feels like he's sorta stamped onto the picture at the moment.

I didn't include any pictures from the "other" area in case someone accidentally sees them.

I'll try to get one from the beginning area, where you speak with the head of the order. That area speaks volumes as far as what I'm getting at. It's been the only thing nagging at me when I play the game cause its a minor detail but it sort of makes the character stick out more then he should. Again I don't know if this was intentional, couldn't be helped, or someone just completely missed it) Overall I really do love this game.