PDA

View Full Version : Sakura - hmmm?

Mavericknc76
05-02-2019, 10:47 PM
Ok, I know its early and we've only been playing a few hours, but is it just me or is Sakura as weak as an old man's piss stream?

Sure, her OOS pressure is OK but she's just so....slow.
The kick/sweep mixup is decent, if you can ever get to it that is. No opener means I can't the majority of the time, even with variable timings on her attacks they are already being parried consistently.

In revenge, everyone backs off and she's too slow to do anything about it so can't do much there and when being ganked she doesn't have anything special to defend with.
Ganking is again, OK, with the unblockable or feint game but nothing to write home about.

Feats - the extra defense seems decent and the 4th tier insta-kill is fun/annoying but can be dodged reasonably easy.

Bash heros seem to shut her down a little too well.

Raider, on the other hand is a frickin beast now.

Any tips or tricks i'm missing? Am i just an awful player or is she as bad as I think?

Knight_Raime
05-03-2019, 02:18 AM
She requires a little nuance to play effectively. Her kick/sweep are highly situational tools. You rarely commit to them and you don't regularly mix up between them.
Her main go to is varied timing heavies that you either mix in with an UB heavy or a finisher light.

ATM my only two issues are her kick not being a counter to back dodge and her terribad hitboxes.

SenBotsu893
05-03-2019, 03:33 AM
early impressions:

Feats: most of them have disadvantages or are considerably weaker/less versitale than other existing feats.

Tier1: does make you uninteruptable during executions. yet every hero can interupt his executions via gb/bash/projectile. Also the shield from this feat has a hate relationship with revengeshield.
Tier2: only benefit is to get more heal for yourself on execution. the teamheal aspect is not really worth it. tier1 bounty hunter on the other hand gives additionally full stamina and doesnt need to be activated since its a passive feat which will proc on every enemy takedown regardless of execution or not.
Tier3: needs to be activated after unlocking for 20% damage resistance. wich translates to around 29 more damage you can take. Additionally must be reactivated every time you die.
In Comparison Tier3 Tough as nails gives flat out 35 HP and has no activation requirements while also having better synergy with damage reduction perks/feats because of stacking issues.
Tier4: the cooldown is fast wich is good but you will only want to use this on unaware enemys or else you will eat a gb.

His Kit doesnt bring any new gimmicks and in many cases i feel like others can do better what he can. the overall damage to attack speed ratio is normal i guess so that makes it neither amazing nor bad. The Range on attacks is so short that it becomes impossible to hit anything besides your locked target wich makes anti-ganking a pain.

so yes early impressions arent that strong.

guest-4xn53EA8
05-03-2019, 03:39 AM
early impressions:

Feats: most of them have disadvantages or are considerably weaker/less versitale than other existing feats.

Tier1: does make you uninteruptable during executions. yet every hero can interupt his executions via gb/bash/projectile. Also the shield from this feat has a hate relationship with revengeshield.
Tier2: only benefit is to get more heal for yourself on execution. the teamheal aspect is not really worth it. tier1 bounty hunter on the other hand gives additionally full stamina and doesnt need to be activated since its a passive feat which will proc on every enemy takedown regardless of execution or not.
Tier3: needs to be activated after unlocking for 20% damage resistance. wich translates to around 29 more damage you can take. Additionally must be reactivated every time you die.
In Comparison Tier3 Tough as nails gives flat out 35 HP and has no activation requirements while also having better synergy with damage reduction perks/feats because of stacking issues.
Tier4: the cooldown is fast wich is good but you will only want to use this on unaware enemys or else you will eat a gb.

His Kit doesnt bring any new gimmicks and in many cases i feel like others can do better what he can. the overall damage to attack speed ratio is normal i guess so that makes it neither amazing nor bad. The Range on attacks is so short that it becomes impossible to hit anything besides your locked target wich makes anti-ganking a pain.

I think u high

Knight_Raime
05-03-2019, 04:56 AM
early impressions:

GB doesn't interrupt your Tier 1. That was a thing in the early build. Live build the only way you will be interrupted is with projectile feats or a bash. In both cases you do prevent her execute. But you don't really get any meaningful damage. And in the projectile feat's case that's a huge waste. You'd be better off saving that to kill someone who's trying to disengage.

Her tier 2 feat is better than soothing mist by miles and it's really not hard for your team to setup an execution for literally anyone to get this off. In coordinated groups it's a good feat. in pub play blood lust is infinitely better.

Her tier 3 isn't the highest DR you can possibly get. But again, not hard to get executions for her. and unlike other sources of DR she gets to keep it till she dies. That's a huge bonus for the fact that it's less DR. 29 extra HP alone is quite good. This doesn't factor in her using vengeful barrier or other shield based perks. She's quite tanky when combining this with perks. Heal on block is pointless for her because she doesn't run mid and nukambi is bad.

Tier 4 is really strong. Guaranteed on OOS parry, OOS throw, Revenge pop, Revenge parry, and revenge throw. Also can setup with allies via GB or hitstuns like zerk's zone or bullwark flip. It's also a guaranteed kill on people who pop revenge if you bait it and they're an assassin or lower HP hybrids/vanguards. It's only real problem is how generous the dodge window is. Yes there are better 4th tier perks that can kill entire teams. But she gets her OHK back quickly. and it's not hard to actually confirm.

She's basically a better goki in every way. Her faster heavies with a heavy chain and sooner armor allow her to actually continue to pressure and trade easier. She doesn't have to commit to any of her mix ups even the ones with longer recoveries unlike goki who's forced to commit to two horrible options or get nothing. She gets a light finisher to trade with which is nice. Her recoveries are not as bad as his either. And she actually has a roll catch tool.

The only really disappointing thing about her for me thus far is her terrible hitboxes. And the fact that her kick doesn't catch back dodges. But other than that she's a solid hero that feels like centurion and goki had a baby. But this baby went to college to get a degree to do simple but honest work.

Sneakly20
05-03-2019, 05:14 AM
GB doesn't interrupt your Tier 1. That was a thing in the early build. Live build the only way you will be interrupted is with projectile feats or a bash. In both cases you do prevent her execute. But you don't really get any meaningful damage. And in the projectile feat's case that's a huge waste. You'd be better off saving that to kill someone who's trying to disengage

I am going to have to say otherwise raime. I cannot say if it is supposed to or not, nor is it a common or uncommon occurrence but i have indeed GB the tier one feat multiple times. Perhaps thereís a bug? Iím unsure on specifics but I can definitely confirm Iíve broken tier one with a GB.

Mavericknc76
05-03-2019, 06:58 AM
I am going to have to say otherwise raime. I cannot say if it is supposed to or not, nor is it a common or uncommon occurrence but i have indeed GB the tier one feat multiple times. Perhaps thereís a bug? Iím unsure on specifics but I can definitely confirm Iíve broken tier one with a GB.

I will second this, can definitely GB.

Knight_Raime
05-03-2019, 08:57 AM
I am going to have to say otherwise raime. I cannot say if it is supposed to or not, nor is it a common or uncommon occurrence but i have indeed GB the tier one feat multiple times. Perhaps there’s a bug? I’m unsure on specifics but I can definitely confirm I’ve broken tier one with a GB.

I will second this, can definitely GB.

Interesting. That was the opposite of my experience. Maybe there is a period when you can't GB him?
Will have to test when I have the ability to.