PDA

View Full Version : Lagswitcher or hacker?

rottmeister
04-30-2019, 07:33 PM
Just a few moments ago me and my friends came across something strange that ruined our gaming experience. We loaded in a random dominion match and it started out normal until our characters wouldn't respond to our commands. They'd walk in strange directions and pressing the input buttons didn't do anything. Heck I couldn't even respawn! I was spamming X to respawn yet nothing happened. I'm not a very tech savvy person so I don't know what just happened. Only me and my 2 friends were affected. Our teammate and enemies were NOT affected. This raised my suspicion and just to be sure I reported everyone, because there's no way there weren't any shenanigans happening.

I've also recorded it just in case. But you wouldn't be able to really tell because it'd just look like the three of us were doing nothing.
From a viewer pov you couldn't really see anything wrong except for the red internet error thing in the upper left corner and the fact that I couldn't respawn. It's really pathetic that people have to cheat to win. If you can only win by disabling the opponent's controls you should just uninstall ...

(EDIT: PS4 BTW)

UbiInsulin
04-30-2019, 07:53 PM
Feel free to PM me the video link! This sounds pretty odd.

(Since you're accusing the other players of cheating, you're unable to post publicly due to the naming and shaming rule.)

rottmeister
04-30-2019, 09:01 PM
Feel free to PM me the video link! This sounds pretty odd.

(Since you're accusing the other players of cheating, you're unable to post publicly due to the naming and shaming rule.)

I have yet to edit the video down to only that match. Am I supposed to upload this video to YouTube and then link it? I had hoped I could put it on a USB drive and upload the video attached in a message :/

Also something important I forgot to mention: I was sliding the whole time so you can in fact see something from a viewer's POV.
If I figure out how to upload the video I'll PM you the link.

UbiInsulin
04-30-2019, 09:07 PM
I have yet to edit the video down to only that match. Am I supposed to upload this video to YouTube and then link it? I had hoped I could put it on a USB drive and upload the video attached in a message :/

Also something important I forgot to mention: I was sliding the whole time so you can in fact see something from a viewer's POV.
If I figure out how to upload the video I'll PM you the link.

I usually recommend an unlisted YT video, yep. There's no way to directly attach/upload a video unfortunately.

Seems like the Youtube app can handle clips on PS4: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6105980?hl=en , so there may be no need for a USB. I'm a PC dude myself so I'm not the most familiar with what works on the consoles. Let me know if I'm missing something. :)

rottmeister
04-30-2019, 09:09 PM
I usually recommend an unlisted YT video, yep. There's no way to directly attach/upload a video unfortunately.

Seems like the Youtube app can handle clips on PS4: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6105980?hl=en , so there may be no need for a USB. I'm a PC dude myself so I'm not the most familiar with what works on the consoles. Let me know if I'm missing something. :)

Okay, thanks! I'll have to make a Youtube channel and then figure out the privacy settings. I'll most likely do this tomorrow :)

MuscleTech12018
04-30-2019, 11:28 PM
You're loosing your time, they cant do anything against lagswitchers, it's just a common hack.

rottmeister
05-01-2019, 11:02 AM
You're loosing your time, they cant do anything against lagswitchers, it's just a common hack.

Eh maybe I can get some cheaters banned so they won't be able to annoy anyone else.

@UbiInsulin I sent you the link.

x6_Musashi_9x
05-02-2019, 01:12 AM
While on the topic of hack/lag I've been seeing some strange tings from time to time, like while fighting someone, my GB will connect and I get the hit, but all of a sudden i'm snapped back to a counter GB and he then parries the move I had just landed? so whats up with that?