PDA

View Full Version : The bombsight that kills more freindlies than enemies

dk91
04-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Hello,
I have more problems. The bombsight on the B-25, i noticed, when set on bombsight automation just drops the bombs, but on the He-111, flying the same speed and height, the bombsight automation follows the target and drops the bombs at the right moment. The He-111(H2 and H6) bombs hit thier target while the B-25 bombs are wya off target. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it? Also, if you notice on the back of your Pacific Fighters boxes, you'll notice under "over 40 flyable WWII fighters and bombers-A partial list including:" and it lists about halfway down on the right side it lists the G4M1 Betty as flyable. Whats up with that?
Any comments will be appreciated. TY

dk91
04-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Hello,
I have more problems. The bombsight on the B-25, i noticed, when set on bombsight automation just drops the bombs, but on the He-111, flying the same speed and height, the bombsight automation follows the target and drops the bombs at the right moment. The He-111(H2 and H6) bombs hit thier target while the B-25 bombs are wya off target. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it? Also, if you notice on the back of your Pacific Fighters boxes, you'll notice under "over 40 flyable WWII fighters and bombers-A partial list including:" and it lists about halfway down on the right side it lists the G4M1 Betty as flyable. Whats up with that?
Any comments will be appreciated. TY

Waldo.Pepper
04-08-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm sure that B-25's did in fact kill more friendlies than did the He-111's. So hurray for Oleg and his commitment to historical accuracy.

FoolTrottel
04-08-2005, 04:34 PM
The Betty will surely/probably/hopefully be included in the upcoming patch 4.0.

Have Fun!

p1ngu666
04-08-2005, 04:42 PM
check your putting in mph and feet for b25... set a key to cycle speedbar.

b25 also tracks wrong abit, even if u put in right speed and height, so u haveto adust constantly to keep target in the cross

Hairball_1
04-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Remmeber that you must enter altitude in feet, and speed in MPH. If you assign a key to the speedbar, you can toggle between kph, knots, mph, and off.

Also, the TAS needle in the bombardier's position reads faster than what it really is. If you're doing 250 mph at 15,000 feet, set the sight to 240 mph to start with.

Also remember that you can adjust your velocity setting while the sight is tracking in automatic mode. This will help you keep the crosshairs on the target.

WWSensei
04-09-2005, 07:52 AM
As others said, put the altitude in feet, but the speed has to be in knots--even though it says it should be mph. It should be mph but there is a bug where someone at 1C calibrated it with knots.

And yes, you need TAS of knots.

Oilburner_TAW
04-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Here's the key for high alt settings...

add 30mph to your speedbar speed and use that for bombsite speed.