PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Consumption seems too high..

xxStevo76xx
04-28-2019, 01:25 AM
I have (approx) 4k Engineers and 10k Investors in my main city and it's just about impossible to keep up with their coffee demand. I have 5 charters and 4 trade routes from the Old World trying to supply the demand and it's impossible. I also have a trade route with Madame Kahina for coffee(Since glitched on my game. See post in tech support) that was helping before it glitched, but her supply dwindles too fast.

I've seen also the same thoughts on rum, and I agree, but rum is a luxury, not a need, so it doesn't cause mass population drops when it goes low. And that wouldn't bother me so much either but I'm trying to maintain over 10k investors to keep the Sumptuous Worlds Fair thing running but it's impossible because coffee runs out so fast.

My 2 cents...

IanWPG
04-28-2019, 01:48 AM
There seems to be quite a few things that get consumed to fast, makes the game more grindy laggy and a mass with mass production on tiny islands imo.

Darkbirt
04-28-2019, 10:40 PM
I've got the same problem with coffee. It consumes to fast, either it is a bug or my population is addicted to it.

J0nas_One
04-30-2019, 09:15 AM
I have made a reddit post to this problem. But there is a simple explanation for it.

1) Consumption of goods is not calculated based on your actual population. Instead it is calculated per residence regardless of the inhabitants.

Ex: One Worker residence with 10 inhabitants consumes the same amount of fish as one Worker residence with 20 inhabitants.

2) Consumption of goods doubles for goods from a lower tier. This is the case for all goods.

Ex: One Investor Residence (50 potential inhabitants) consumes 2x the amount of coffee than one engineer residence (40 potential inhabitants). -> This is why you need so much coffee, rum etc.

3) The consumption doubles but the income you get for fulfilling the needs is more than doubled.

Ex: Sausages: Workers: +5/+4/+4 Artisans: +15/+13/+12 -> This is why you have later in the game so much income.

Source:

https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Needs

https://forums-de.ubi.com/showthread.php/208130-Bug-Kaffeeverbrauch-Rumverbrauch-(Oder-besser-Alle-Waren-sind-betroffen!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/anno/comments/bienas/excessive_consumption_of_goods_here_is_why/

nodlimax
04-30-2019, 10:06 AM
This is a weird design choice imho.

If we compare this to our actual real life economy I can only scratch my head. In our societies we obviously have people with different income levels and job specializations. Someone doing physical work usually consumes a lot more food just because they need it. But people doing more mental oriented work do not require that much food. In addition sausages cost the same for farmers as well as investment bankers.

Obviously quite a few rich people will buy food that is of higher quality, but that should be considered a different kind of product (say for example liquor vs beer).

I think that usage of goods should be balanced around the number of people instead of the number of houses. Also the consumption of lower level goods should be constant when upgraded to a higher class. We know that a farmer house will have 10 people in while a workers house has 20 people. That would double the consumption once the house is full. The income for the goods should also be consistent (fish for farmers as well workers 1-2 pieces of income for example). The goods for the higher levels should then generate a higher income due to their increased production costs.

As a system it would make much more sense compared to what we're currently seeing.

FormaOptima
04-30-2019, 02:37 PM
This actually explains a lot about the world these days. Upper tier folks do consume way, way more. The ratio is lost. Happy to know about this ingame 'feature'. When building a powerplant, your very first, it says climate change denier. It bummed me out so hard. I am not surprised this consuming ratio is off compared to earlier series, it is the new way of thinking (and you better not question it!)

malaus
04-30-2019, 07:23 PM
кстати на производство кофе действует бустер предмет для перегонки алкоголя) и еще у матам можно гостя купить =) правда его почему то нету когда играешь без пиратов