PDA

View Full Version : How do you get perfect fps in il2?

Afromike1
10-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Take a look at this video...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3HS1UJo5R4 </pre>

I want to make my game EXACTLY the same fps like this. I have a pretty descent computer and it can run il2 on max graphics. Are there any mods I should get? At the end, it shows the mods listed and "Vp_media's 2D clouds" caught my eye. Do 2d clouds make the game run much faster?

iL2fan
10-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Uhm no

clouds dont get bette rgraphics

go to your confi. file and change water to =2

and the other stuff to whatever fits you best

FoolTrottel
10-10-2008, 05:22 PM
I want to make my game EXACTLY the same fps like this.
The same fps? What fps? There's no fps values in that video.

Smooth play? Tune down graphics, or upgrade your computer from 'pretty decent' to 'really fine'.

Asking for mods?
Fine, but not here. There's other places that have them, and support them.

Xiolablu3
10-10-2008, 05:47 PM
I think he means as smooth as that.

You need to tell us your system specs, Afromike, so we can tell you what needs improving.

I think thats Faucon who I fly with sometimes, hes a good pilot. He must also have a good system.

A framerate like that comes from a good PC, not from game settings.

WHat are your PC's specs?

josephs1959
10-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I'd have to agree with FoolTrottle. Get the finest equipment you can afford so you can afford to have a little "headroom" in performance.
I have my video card settings at normal and my game plays like that always.
For me the test is a "crowded" mission and flying and or fighting through a city. If I don't get any stuttering I'm happy.

But now to the pilot of that video;

He certainly has his gun convergence down pat.
And knows his angle shots.
good aimer parctically every plane he shot at with One Burst exploded.

Congrats guy whoever you are ~S~!

M_Gunz
10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Ohhhhhh, Mike!

Videos get made during track playback with framerate by the video capture/converter.

TheFamilyMan
10-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by josephs1959:
But now to the pilot of that video;

He certainly has his gun convergence down pat.
And knows his angle shots.
good aimer parctically every plane he shot at with One Burst exploded.

Congrats guy whoever you are ~S~! Hmmm, nice targeting, but looks like 'instant success' to me.

Edit: What a noob I am (see below posts)...guess I should spend the next few evening I get for IL-2 reading the manual and m4t guides.

Xiolablu3
10-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Nah, hes online, but its a collection of his best shots, thats all.

Dunno what you mean by 'instant success', but I guess you mean he has easy settings on or is cheatin in some way...

If most of us put togther their best shots into a short film we would look extremely imressive too.

I do a few of those type of shots each night I play, but they are not the norm.

TheFamilyMan
10-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
Nah, hes online, but its a collection of his best shots, thats all.

Dunno what you mean by 'instant success', but I guess you mean he has easy settings on or is cheatin in some way...

If most of us put togther their best shots into a short film we would look extremely imressive too.

I do a few of those type of shots each night I play, but they are not the norm. Lack of this setting is what I was thinking: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/2929731771_1b03a5735a_o.jpg
Didn't think to look for signs of online action. I just watched the clip again and I recant: I thought more planes exploded than actually did which made me suspicious. No problems with that targeting though, it's so gratifying when that first burst finishes the job!

M_Gunz
10-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I don't think that that switch affects gunnery. There is a Realistic Gunnery toggle though.

X32Wright
10-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Faucon is good, I fought him online and his favorite plane is the 109. nobody is perfect but he's very good.

It is also true that one can collect their kills in a similar way but his gunnery is quite good.

skarden
10-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Family guy,no instant success just means that if your playing an offline campaign and you dont complete the mission objectives you dont have to redo the mission,you can just hit apply and you'll move on to the next mission.

with it turned on like in your pic,you'd have to redo the mission as many times as it took to do it successfully and be able to move on to the next mission.
I'v alway left this off as i figured the war would go on regardless of if your mission was a success or not.
it has noth8ing to do with gunnary or how many shots it takes to make a plane blow up.

~S~

WTE_Ibis
10-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Does this look familia.
The original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G60fP6EPZIo

TheFamilyMan
10-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:
I don't think that that switch affects gunnery. There is a Realistic Gunnery toggle though.
Originally posted by skarden:
Family guy,no instant success just means that if your playing an offline campaign and you dont complete the mission objectives you dont have to redo the mission,you can just hit apply and you'll move on to the next mission. Thanks for the corrections. Shows you how much I know; I wrongly assumed that "no instant.." was that any hits took down a target. I started IL-2 nearly full switch and never looked back to see what all the off setting do (but I do map route and external views). Thanks too for that career mission tip. I've reflown way too many missions.

MaxMhz
10-11-2008, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Correct. Instant Success will move you through campaigns. It has nothing to do with gunnery.

P.FunkAdelic
10-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Want absolutely smooth play with perfect settings? Do what I did. Drop a grand on a machine and enjoy Crysis at all high with good frames. Then you can know IL-2 runs ultra smooth so long as you don't pump TC to 8x and go zoom angle and spin around the mouse as fast as you can. Even that slows my FPS to like... 44 if I'm over water.

Tully__
10-11-2008, 03:17 AM
Bear in mind that videos are often smoother than the game. In general they're recorded from .ntrk files and if you turn off text display then play the track back at 1/4 speed you get much better frame rates than you would in the actual game. It's then a fairly simple matter (with the right software) to rejig the time coding on the video to get it playing back at the right speed.

M_Gunz
10-11-2008, 03:21 AM
No Instant Success -- the realism light that's really an unrealism option! No, really!