PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Influence bonus - Optimization

Amajuda
04-27-2019, 04:48 AM
So, since influence is a pretty huge deal in the game (rightfully so, and I want it to stay that way) but people don't seem to know how to handle it and the dev team already said they were "looking into it", you could take a look at the influence bonus in the optimization section.

300 influence investment and I get -3% maintenance cost at the last rank? What? That's literally nothing at any stage of the game: early you earn too little for it too make a difference and mid to late it already makes no difference because money is extremely easy to get. I was sure I was readying it wrong but no, 3% discount....

So I propose that you get a global influence discount cost on all buildings (unions, harbourmasters, defense canons, piers, town halls) by 10% -> 20% -> 30% (for trade unions that would be 18/20 -> 16/20 and 14/20 points, for example). Note: as you moved up in the ranks, the discount value wouldn't be taken into account to calculate your current investment, so even if you are at 20%, putting down another union, for example, would count as a 20 influence investment (or maybe not, whatever people think its the most appropriate). I think it is pretty balanced after you have invested 300 influence. Of course you can work around and test different percentages.

Thoughts?