PDA

View Full Version : Electricity Power Range Needs To Be Further.

IanWPG
04-26-2019, 02:35 PM
The range is quite small would make the city super ugly (imo) Can you imagine if Bright Sands had electricity, rails and power stations, it would be a mess.
Bright Sands has no power.

https://i.imgur.com/VkJXefA.jpg

IanWPG
04-26-2019, 02:36 PM
PS. Yet he has tier 4 shipyards.

I_love_Alizee
04-26-2019, 03:31 PM
To solve this problem, it would be nice to add a new building - an electrical substation. It will expand the coverage of power lines, as in real life. In the conditions of dense urban development, I think it will be nice.

GameMasterFox
04-26-2019, 11:50 PM
To solve this problem, it would be nice to add a new building - an electrical substation. It will expand the coverage of power lines, as in real life. In the conditions of dense urban development, I think it will be nice.

That wouldn't be possible, as transformers and substations don't become a thing until the late 1880s to early 1900s. For most of the industrial revolution, DC was the main provider of power. AC wouldn't become a thing until the famous Edison vs Tesla fight in the form of the Current Wars during the 1880s. Steamships were a thing long before electricity was a thing.

I_love_Alizee
04-28-2019, 12:52 AM
That wouldn't be possible, as transformers and substations don't become a thing until the late 1880s to early 1900s. For most of the industrial revolution, DC was the main provider of power. AC wouldn't become a thing until the famous Edison vs Tesla fight in the form of the Current Wars during the 1880s. Steamships were a thing long before electricity was a thing.

Well, but how then in those days solved the problem of transmission of electricity? Was there a power station on every street?

GameMasterFox
04-28-2019, 05:29 AM
Well, but how then in those days solved the problem of transmission of electricity? Was there a power station on every street?
More or less, yes. DC electricity was so bad at transmitting power that once the problems with AC were worked out, the only thing DC was useful for was batteries.

Melli1971
05-01-2019, 06:51 AM
That wouldn't be possible, as transformers and substations don't become a thing until the late 1880s to early 1900s
Always with the reality thing, it's just a game for crying out loud. :rolleyes: