PDA

View Full Version : Russian CD's??

budvar62
03-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi guys,

Trolling around the posts every now and then I keep seeing reference the Russian Cd's (3 of them?). I'm actually off to Moscow and St Peterburg in early May to practise my appalling russian (18 months of night classes ee yesho ya gavaroo plocka, skazhalenyoo!) Anyway - I digress - anyone know what is on them and whether I'm going to be able to buy a russian expansion pack in GUM with extra planes / maps? And if I do, will it install on my UK FB+AEP+PF install or will I have to buy the whole lot again in Russia? Given the cost of the holiday, this would be small beans! And don't even bother telling me they'll be out over here in the next 2 weeks so it's not an issue http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Bud

budvar62
03-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi guys,

Trolling around the posts every now and then I keep seeing reference the Russian Cd's (3 of them?). I'm actually off to Moscow and St Peterburg in early May to practise my appalling russian (18 months of night classes ee yesho ya gavaroo plocka, skazhalenyoo!) Anyway - I digress - anyone know what is on them and whether I'm going to be able to buy a russian expansion pack in GUM with extra planes / maps? And if I do, will it install on my UK FB+AEP+PF install or will I have to buy the whole lot again in Russia? Given the cost of the holiday, this would be small beans! And don't even bother telling me they'll be out over here in the next 2 weeks so it's not an issue http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Bud

3.JG51_BigBear
03-10-2005, 04:44 PM
The addon CD's are being released by the Russian distributor for the Il2 line. They're not associated with UBI. The impression I get is that if you want the addon you need the version of the game being distributed in Russia so you would have to rebuy the whole thing. Seems like it was have some maps and 1946 Russian planes. There are rumors and whispers, and even some optomistic language from Oleg that everyone else might get the addons too if UBI wants to release them or some of the content might come out in free patches. Something like that.