PDA

View Full Version : Raid on hold to fix PvP?

ShootemAllday2
04-24-2019, 07:41 PM
From what I can see, the so called "changes" which are more aligned with nerfing rather than buffing, and all of the focus so far in the PTS has been centered around the PvP aspect of the game. Dark Zone, Talent requirements and synergies, lobby population, and TTK between player vs. player and a whole slew of modifications to how the game plays is catering to one side of the community, the Dark Zone. It begs the question why has the Raid been put on hold to make sure, and I quote " ubisoft has all its ducks in a row" Meanwhile all the PC, PVP community gets to play a ever changing Division, while the rest of the fanbase has to sit on their hands hoping that the game turns out better for everyone. In the end, it will turn out better for people who love to grief in the dark zone, they will get better gear, not to mention they will have a game specifically tailored to their liking, while the rest of the PVE community has to wait to play the Raid until the PVP people are happy with getting all the perks associated with the Dark Zone PTS changes. Solo players basically are getting shafted, because it's clear ubisoft only wants the PC streamers, and PTS'ers to be happy.

HVNShitTalent
04-24-2019, 08:53 PM
We are receiving a PVP patch because PVP was not launched in a good state. Division 2 launched in a very good state for PVE and the first couple of patches were centered around PVE. Even with the recent proposed changes to talents and re-calibration is not solely for PVP as stated on the reddit and twitter. They are making these changes in order to lower the heath pools of NPC's and make it so that if you build into more tank or electronic elements you dont sit shooting one enemy for 20-30 seconds. If you build into DPS you will be super low time to kill in PVE but you will also kill the NPC's way faster. This patch affects both aspects and serves as a method to kill two birds with one stone. Personally, I do not believe this is the right way to go about patching the game as both sides are fairly different in terms of balancing; however, if you did the research you would see the reasoning behind the patches they release, agreeing with them or not.

Kwoung
04-25-2019, 12:45 AM
Ubi should learn a lesson....
https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/2554

First publisher I have ever seen decide to cut their losses and run on an idea, rather than waste more time and money on it. Kudos to Pearl Abyss. In I.T. at startups and DotCom's, we live by the saying "Fail Fast and Move On". Bumping your head against the wall to fix something that most of your customers could care less about and actively avoid, yeah, that is the exact opposite.