PDA

View Full Version : Battlecruiser rebalance?

Gritbear
04-24-2019, 08:26 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/anno/comments/bf5vnc/battlecruiser_is_useless_needs_rework_sail_ships/

At 1000 maintenance + micro-management it can barely beat one or two ship of the line, which is only 250 maintenance, the battle cruiser seriously lack return of the investment. Was it meant to be some sort of decoration without the utility that worth the price?

any other find battlecruiser underwhelming?

Viking_Gold
04-24-2019, 10:09 AM
I agree, it can only take out 1 ship of line, with a lot micromanagement.

You must make ship of line enemy has wind from the front. You have the right buff, equimpent on the ship, anti sails ship epic maybe and range 15% more and so on. Then you can out manouver. Midgame when you have the battlecruiser, The enemy always sails in blob, So that tactic is not very in use too.

Meratur
04-25-2019, 10:42 AM
I agree,

after spending so much time in the Infrastructure and means to build it i was 1st skeptical when the damage is lower than the ship of the line.
Then after reading it said "superior range" when i thought "sweet maybe i can bombard the pirates from a safe range."

But nothing of that came true the BC has only 1000HP more no real significant higher range than a ship of the line and has lower damage.
To this point i see no reason to maintain a 4000§ Credit infrastructure (Big gun Factory, Big shipyard etc.) +1000§ per Battle Cruiser. It just does not seem worth it.
I mean 1 BC looses vs 2 Ship of the Line and cost the double + the 2200 Tax for the Big gun factory etc.

For that I can Build 12 Ship of the line! Wit the added benefit that Ship of the lines can fire to both sides in a bigger battle and the BC canīt as far as i can see.

What does the BC needs? In my opinion.

1.) Either more Damage
or
Reduced Damage recived from Sailships (-50% cause of "old" weapons) Maybe even depending on Ship type,
Gunship does only 15% damage, Frigate 30%, Ship of the Line 60%

2.) Give the Effect of reduced efficienzy on the targeted ship like when you attack an harbour.

Silca_Silva
04-25-2019, 01:01 PM
You all forget that the BC needs 12 influence and the SOTL 8. In the lategame money is not the main issue anymore, influence will be the limiting factor. So, you can choose between 2 BCs or 3 SOTL. Not too bad a rate anymore. Add to that great upgrades that are only available to steam ships and you have a good fighter.

And let's not forget: The SOTL does more damage IF it gets close. on maximum range the cannons of the SOTL miss a lot while the BC manages a consistent damage output. The longer range also means that you can snipe at harbour defences with all your BCs and receive only counter fire from the targeted towers plus a few in the vicinity. The SOTL has to get close up and consequently gets smashed by all the defense towers.

Nonetheless, I too feel that it should get sligtly buffed. Currently, it is too dependent on micro management to do well in ship duels.

Dexfm
04-25-2019, 02:56 PM
The name "Battleship" sounds way more dangerous then it actually is. You can beat it with 3 frigates (2 for micromanaging fans)

Meratur
04-29-2019, 09:48 PM
"You all forget that the BC needs 12 influence and the SOTL 8.

Hardly and in my opinion also a factor against it. for 2 BC I can get 3 SOTL.(<-- then both cost 24 Influence) Also i get 8 Itemslots for BC and 9 for SOTL when we "compare" those.
And the SOTL still obliterate the BCs as they are faster (in 80% batles) have more damage and together more HP 10000BC vs 12000 SOTL.

And let's not forget: The SOTL does more damage IF it gets close. on maximum range the cannons of the SOTL miss a lot while the BC manages a consistent damage output.

Also here the range is very seldom an issue for a SOTL it is most times faster an comes into range no problem. The BC does not have that much more range.

The longer range also means that you can snipe at harbour defences with all your BCs and receive only counter fire from the targeted towers plus a few in the vicinity. The SOTL has to get close up and consequently gets smashed by all the defense towers."

That is partly true but to be honest the SOTL here has also two advantages here.
1.) The BC wll take a lot of damage on range when it goes 1 on 1 to a tower (again due to its lower damage) BUT you can buy a 15% range item and be out of range but find such an item. I have several Admiral Adams (+800HP Active selfrepair) and still havent found a +15% Range scope.So i rush in with teh extra boost with my SOTLīs.
2.) While the SOTL has to go into the fray it has the advantage that it can also fire to both sides DOUBLING its damage output. The BC dont has that option. And be honest we attack with a fleet when we take an enemy Harbour or Pirate base.

All in all the BC is not entirely useless as it gives you a "second" Line of attack as it has a slightly higher range and thus a bigger fleet of ships is a bit more efficient as they dont get stuck so much in a battle.
The BC still feels like a puny artillerie ship and not like a "Battlecruiser".