PDA

View Full Version : A thing I discovered about Troop Transports

Foehammer-1
04-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Later in the war (I mean 1942-ish) the troop transports become dangerous on the surface. Most of you know this already. I mean, 3 guns up front, a few in the back, and MG's. However, there is a fun glitch to exploit and vent some steam http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Save the game, because you will waste a torpedo. Now shoot the ship with an under-keel shot, so the torpedo will detonate between the frontmost gun and the ones behind it. Here is what will happen, sorry, I forgot to take a screen.

The three forward guns explode with some minor fireworks. However, the REAR guns explode also! Not sure how the fire got that far, but you never know. Next, the machineguns all over the ship will go off. I once even got a mast to come crashing down. The ship will sail on, but it will be left defenceless.

Happy hunting!

danurve
04-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Yes I noticed the transports armed in `42 as well. Typically in the center of convoys and sometimes difficult to get a shot on.

geoffwessex
04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Odd thing with convoys. I'm having a career back in basic SHIII, with just a few little mods, and running it from SH3 Cdr. It's now May 1943 and I've done 33 patrols..... and have still only met one convoy - when I was about 6km astern of it and only had two torpedoes!

The biggest warship I've met has been a Tribal and my best tonnage per patrol has only been 36k. In my last patrol I only came anywhere near four merchants - one of which I ignored in the hope of finding bigger fish. Still, I've got twice as many tons as the top aces on the list.

A quiet career. With my luck I'll get wiped out in April 1945, still as a Senior Lieutenant.