PDA

View Full Version : [Feedback] Plague is impossible to manage in lategame when AIs are still there

Schluchti1337
04-23-2019, 06:14 PM
Hi,
I've reached lategame in my first game where I decided to use my Influence for attraction instead of warfare, so I am 50 hours in and all islands are settled and all I am trading with all 5 AIs.

The plague is impossible to manage. When there are 70+ ships sailing around the map you can not make sure your own ships stay healthy all the time. This results in at least one of your trading ships being infected at all times which results in disease spreading somewhere constantly. Hospitals obviously take care of the infected houses instantly, infection on ships last like 15 min?.
Your ships get infected by other infected AI ships they pass on their route, so there is nothing you can do about it.

Apart from the constant announcement, which is really annoying after a while the constant fluctuation in workforce is also a nuisance, especially when the press reports it.

I am not sure how to fix this as the plague feature itself is good and realistic. Maybe make an option that high level kontors, items or nearby hospitals can heal infected ships. Or constrict the plague to players so it can't carry over from nearby enemy ships.

All in all the game is awesome though :)