PDA

View Full Version : new clouds???

christopher65
11-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi all, long time since I posted but just wondered if its still possible to have 2 types of clouds (like in 401) Have tried in config but doesnt seem to work anymore(been a long time since ive tried).Has it been disabled in il246??
Any help appreciated....... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Urufu_Shinjiro
11-27-2007, 03:27 PM
As far as I know typeclouds=0 and =1 is still effective. Remember, if flying online the host determines the cloud settings regardless of what is set in conf.ini. Test offline.

VW-IceFire
11-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Also flying in a campaign actually. So if you started at clouds being set to 0 and then change it later it will have an impact on new campaigns but not old ones.

Online is determined by the server although I see fewer and fewer servers using the old style clouds. The new ones look so much nicer!

Lurch1962
11-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Not sure if this is what you meant, but I've only ever seen two cloud types, and at two different levels:

1) the cumuliform, low level clouds whose altitude (base up to 1500m) and coverage you can set, and
2) the cirriform high altitude stuff which you have no direct control over.

--Lurch--

christopher65
11-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your responses.........what I kind of meant was that I cant see any difference between 0 and 1?? Before I installed il46 im sure type 1 increases the cloud cover in "poor " conditions quite signifficantly??
Doesnt seem to be any difference??

Hoenire
11-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Go into your conf.ini file in the main IL2 folder. At the bottom of the [game] section type:

TypeClouds=1

Then try clouds=4 (ie clouds set to "poor") and you should see that the clouds form a dense overcast sky rather than being scattered white clouds.