PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Remastered - why not?

Treshcore97
04-22-2019, 04:56 PM
Hello there. Sorry for writing it in Odyssey forums but not in general discussions: just want this thread to be seen not only by moderators and Ubisoft Teams but by the people, who are hyped for DLC 2.1 and further Odyssey updates, too. I hope you will forgive me :)
So, Assassin's Creed Unity is (or was, I don't know) on a giveaway now, so there are many people who discovered how this game is great only by now. I bought it on a sale a few weeks ago and I think that it is absolutely amazing. There is something beautiful in these pale rooftops, pale rooms of different houses. I found a place I love in this game. It is sad that this giveaway was made because of Notre-Dame's fire, but I'm kind of inspired by encourage Paris people have upon this challenge. Notre-Dame de Paris is not destroyed, it is just a little broken.

However, back to the topic. After spending a few weeks in Unity I see that this game do really need a Remaster with a big, big additions. Yes, of course, most of the remasters are just something, that increases texture resolution and makes some cosmetic changes. Assassin's Creed III Remastered is mostly the same, but some small additions make me feel this game as a new one. Unity... Unity needs something bigger. This is a game with a great potential which is still locked because it was the first game in a series on Xbox One and PS4 (except for Black Flag, but this one was more like a porting). After playing a few weeks in Unity, I have a list of changes and additions which can be added in a possible and, I hope, will-be remaster.

1) Horses. The lack of any vehicles (or mounts, but I don't like this word) in Unity is a big failure. If you don't like fast-travel (and there are many, many people who don't like it since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion), you would prefer to go through all the Paris to your target by yourself. You will be running on a rooftops (which may end anytime so you will need to get down), on a streets (full of dead ends and extremists) and you will do it every, every time. And it is, actually, a pretty big time. It is something that really annoyed me in Unity and still annoys. Horses is a feature this game needs in a very serious way.

2) Day and night cycles. I think, it is a shame to release an open-world game without day and night cycle since GTA III. Really. For sure. I mean, sometimes it can be justified by story and plot (Mafia I and II, for example), but in Unity where you spent most of your time performing open-world missions... No, it should be added. It has to be added. It is too forgettable to go into Settings menu and turn your lovely time there. And it is too beautiful to see the night coming in other Assassin's Creed games.

3) Different control mapping on gamepad. Oh, this is painful. Who said that it will be a great idea to aim on LT and shoot on RB? Wasn't it easier for a player to aim on LB and shoot on RB, while crouching button could be LT? Who said that it will be a great idea to control your running speed by left stick, but not by the power you press RB with? Assassin's Creed Unity has a brilliant parkour (except the moments when you need to go into a window or into a room from a balcony), but mostly it's controls are... pretty bad.

4) Adding some animation into non-cutscene dialogues. I mean, it is so strange to see Arno and his interlocutor who are talking not to each other but into the air. I don't know, they look like they are always, always haunted and should always look into the different sides and places, just like waiting for someone to attack them. Come on, it is not Revelations or Rogue, it is pretty save to look into each other's faces even in revolutionary Paris!

5) Fixing some animation bugs (people have made fun of). It is not a secret that Unity was a buggy game. Even if the blood and pain stopped, some scares are still remain. In a remaster, it will be great to fix them to make this game look presentable.

Critiques is something, that may improve your products, Ubisoft. You heard it while making ACIII Remaster. Take a closer look to your new games - maybe, there are some problems from this list too. Personally, I think that Unity and Syndicate's remastered versions are expected in a five years. And if I can't say nothing bad about Syndicate (because I haven't played it too much yet), I can say many things about Unity. It is one of the greatest Assassin's Creed games ever, giving players a fresh light on the Assassin Brotherhood and, most importantly, the Creed itself. These five problems, I guess, are the only problems in this game for me, still, they are pretty big. Thank you for your attention!

KmarkoPL
04-22-2019, 05:45 PM
So you come here to talk about game witch does not belong to that forum !!!
GET LOST SPAMMER !!

Moderators. Please move that to proper forum !!

Treshcore97
04-22-2019, 06:02 PM
GET LOST SPAMMER !!

Does this thread hurt you personally? If it's not popular, it will drown in 248 pages of threads in this forum. And it will be a shame, because it contains pretty constructive critique and advises. I do respect the words I say and I am interested in making people see them because I respect myself. I do not practice self-flagellation. I write it here because General Discussions are not that popular as Odyssey subforum. I mean, what can I do with it if it is the truth you can see for yourself? I said that I am sorry for it.
Your rights are not violated here, though. If you don't like this thread - then go away, no one needs you here unless you say something smart. Really. It is not your obligation to moderate these forums and I write here because I do have a care for the series and games I play since 2007 and wish them the best, so that's why I write it here. Any questions?

show_stoppa
04-22-2019, 06:13 PM
The game is already on PS4 and Xbox One. They could remaster it for PS5, but PS5 will already have backward compatibility. So I don't think there will be a remastered for this game. Only those games are remastered for newer generation consoles, which 1) aren't available on the newer consoles, and 2) which have been dearly loved during their era. Unity doesn't come in either category, let alone both. Also after seeing AC3 remastered, I think devs should focus on new games, as the older games have lost their charm.

P.S: KmarkoPL is correct, but should have used a nicer tone to convey the message. The forum has rules. You did bypass some of them during your long long thread about legacy of first blade DLC. Hope Atlantis DLC will be more to your liking.

AnimusLover
04-22-2019, 06:56 PM
GET LOST SPAMMER !!

Why do all of your posts !! end with needless !! exclamation marks !!!
It's almost as if !! you can't get !! your point across !! without yelling at posters !! like a hyper-aggressive teenager !!!

GO TO THERAPY !! PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnimusLover
04-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Thank you so much !! For that PM, KmarkoPL !! I needed the laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treshcore97
04-22-2019, 08:31 PM
The game is already on PS4 and Xbox One. They could remaster it for PS5, but PS5 will already have backward compatibility. So I don't think there will be a remastered for this game. Only those games are remastered for newer generation consoles, which 1) aren't available on the newer consoles, and 2) which have been dearly loved during their era. Unity doesn't come in either category, let alone both. Also after seeing AC3 remastered, I think devs should focus on new games, as the older games have lost their charm.

P.S: KmarkoPL is correct, but should have used a nicer tone to convey the message. The forum has rules. You did bypass some of them during your long long thread about legacy of first blade DLC. Hope Atlantis DLC will be more to your liking.

I understand that dreams about Unity Remastered are only dreams. But still, I find it interesting to discuss, to simply bring this idea on the table, like "Look, here's an idea for Assassin's Creed series". Maybe, it's naive, but who knows, maybe it will be not as useless as it seems now.
ps. Rules are rules, but Series' General Discussions subforum seems to be dead enough to ignore it. It happens because of the page where you choose the forum: first, there goes Odyssey, next - ACIII Remastered and Series' GD is somewhere you cannot find where. I don't like the way I did, anyway. If it is too necessary (just like all these 248 pages in Odyssey GD are necessary), this topic can always be moved into Series' GD, so it's not too big problem. KmarkoPL, still, made a very disrespectful message without even reading OP and it pissed me off a little.

DuskDragon56496
04-22-2019, 08:39 PM
For real Kmarko, geez dude you should really learn to be a little more considerate to people. You're always yelling at them and screaming for the moderators.
When you feel the creeping of anger...say this word....gooosfraba.

Sarmnem
04-22-2019, 08:47 PM
Thank you so much !! For that PM, KmarkoPL !! I needed the laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be like that. You're shaming someone for a minor breach of writing etiquette (on the internet, no less) and rather than do it respectfully you chose to roll around in the dirt and fling it everywhere.

I assume the guy messaged you about it rather than start an unrelated argument in public, which is really the best way to handle such a childish thing, but you just had to go and lay it on thicker didn't you?

Stop the playground bullying, it doesn't become you.

PS. I do also think this is in the wrong forum. It seems like this forum has become the battlefield in the war for deciding which AC is the best and honestly, it's not the right place. Maybe try this (https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/201-Assassin-s-Creed-General-Discussions) forum, or reddit, or similar fansites.

Oh and @threscore, those forums are a little bit less active everytime someone like you thinks "I don't think I'll get enough replies on my relevant topic so I'll just post it somewhere I'll get guaranteed replies even though half of them are about how my topic isn't relevant"

Treshcore97
04-22-2019, 08:54 PM
Okay, okay, wrong forum, I got it. I don't mind if it will be moved, but please let's not being focused on that or on something off-topic. I'd like to see and being involved in a discussion about Unity, really.

AnimusLover
04-22-2019, 10:59 PM
Don't be like that. You're shaming someone for a minor breach of writing etiquette (on the internet, no less) and rather than do it respectfully you chose to roll around in the dirt and fling it everywhere.

No, I'm calling him out for trying to shame the OP for no good reason. This poster has a habit of just coming in to threads, peeing all over the carpet and then running away. He simply could have said, "this needs to be posted in another forum" as opposed to "get lost, spammer!" and the message would have been clear.

I assume the guy messaged you about it rather than start an unrelated argument in public, which is really the best way to handle such a childish thing, but you just had to go and lay it on thicker didn't you?

Here the Kmarko's "message" in a PM titled, 'TWO WORDS':

PISS OFF !!!

Nuff said.

Stop the playground bullying, it doesn't become you.

*sigh*

I8E84LLISTIC
05-31-2019, 07:22 PM
I would love a Unity Remaster and it wouldn't be Unity without all of the customization, and I feel like this is something that Ubisoft can greatly approve upon with a remaster. Ideas include more armor/clothing items to increase the various looks that your assassin can have as well as online co-op. Another great change would be the opportunity to create custom colour pallets for your assassin's outfit, because as a very cosmetic player I am it is very difficult to find what colours can go with what piece of armor and still manage to have good gear equiped and have good stats. And a MAJOR change would be the inclusion of a PHOTO MODE. In Assassin's Creed Unity you can look amazing and with all of the amazing scenery that 17th centery has to offer, a photo mode would mostly like give beautiful results. Another big addition would be a character creation for online co-op, now this would bring an overwhelming amount of players because who wouldn't want to be in an Assassin's Creed game. And it would also bring along the inclusion of more female Assassin's mainly because of the fact that you rarley see female Assassin's. And a major thing that could be touched on are the social clubs and the My Brotherhood selection, so much could be added into this amazing aspect. For example there would be a more refined system for how this would work, such as an emblem creator that could give your Brotherhood it's own unique look and an item that your assassin can wear in-game. Another addition to the Brotherhood could be an actual clubhouse that all members of the brotherhood could meet up and interact with each other and party up to play together and to complete missions, and the clan leader and admins could change up and customize the clubhouse's interior for another way to give your clan that unique look. Let me know your opinions on these topics and anything else you would like to be added or changed in a Unity Remaster.
<3

GameGuru2018
06-01-2019, 05:17 AM
Odyssey Remastered, why not?!!! Unity is O.K as Unity and doesn't need any remastering, as Black Flag. I think it would be better to remaster Assassin's Creed 1 and may be 2! Because many gamers joined AC franchise much later and didn't play first game....The beginning. I think they will be interested to see how it all began and will try it with pleasure, especially remastered version.