PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity

RobertEmerald
04-22-2019, 12:57 AM
Another Ubijunk disaster, no thanks to their usual dream/nightmare and/or drug induced and piss poor story telling, that's all over the place, as well as their immersion breaking Abstergo nonsense, that only takes away from any story. Then let's not forget the linear path, that leaves the player with no choices nor consequences to change any events nor mold their own destiny. Great graphics tough! Final rating: 6/10 for me. Thanks for the free game though, which is all it's worth. I will play it and finish it, but my way, of course. .

Agios_Joestar
04-22-2019, 05:26 AM
Well, aren't you a little ungrateful and "special" person? I assume you don't even know nor do you care about the reason Unity came free in the first place, right?
I admit, when the game came out for the first time, it really needed patches to be playable. Ubisoft patched it completely and it was 100% fine and enjoyable. Platinumed this on PS4 back in the day.
The game also works like a charm and runs too nice and smooth on my computer now, too good actually with all the settings at high/ultra.
The story is really decent, maybe you don't pay enough attention because you don't care, that doesn't mean it sucks.
What player choice? You're playing a linear story about one Assassin and following on his own path, same was with Ezio, same was with Conor, same was with Edward, literally previous AC titles.
Pay attention to what happened to the "real life" of the game with the Abstergo and the previous games, don't just go blindly jumping titles and then coming here badmouthing a decent game.
You can play it and finish it at your own way, for sure, but that doesn't justify you in any way and nobody cares. You don't even have the right to be entitled, since the game was provided to you for free and you just grabbed it like a thirsty poor junkie on the subway street of NY, trying to get their monthly free dose of drug.

The game is worth it. There are other, way worse games out there that came out after that title, from other companies, but I don't see people knowitall like you talking smack behind their screens about them.

Respect the game.
Respect the developers.
Get a life.

AlphaKennyTime
04-22-2019, 08:23 AM
Do you mind me asking how much you get paid to shill Ubisoft titles? Is it just a part time job or full time?

Controls are the worst in the entire series (Syndicate had similar controls but much more fluid and enjoyable)
God-tier AI will literally break their necks following your location behind cover even though they haven't noticed you yet
I have recordings of snipers spawning right behind me 10ft away on the same rooftop and spotting me mid-heist
Overall sound is painful to listen to. As if everything was recorded with a microphone inside a pillow(Google "AC Unity Sound" and "AC Unity Sound Muffled" is the first auto-complete).
I have a recording of a guard trapped inside some stone and impossible to hit with sword (trash controls only allow weapon swinging with a target present, but the bugged guard didn't register as a target). He tanked gunfire and phantom blades then somehow died to more gunfire.
The game heavily advertised co-op and playing united but almost every single co-op mission in the game is just about killing snipers at least half the time
Group Disguise co-op skill is bugged garbage and does not reset properly
For absolutely no good reason the A button dodges in combat, but also takes cover. This means half the time I end up taking cover while I'm actually trying to dodge incoming fire. Bravo.

GTX1070 TI
i5 9600k
16GB RAM

AC3/Black Flag/etc all ran better (and were better games) even though they came out years before Unity.

The list goes on and on and on.

uzbek212
04-22-2019, 12:02 PM
https://c.radikal.ru/c11/1904/f2/c6ea6df03931.jpg
This is such a joke! I did not have time to start playing as the main character fell knee-deep in textures and did not want to climb out !!! Not really it was impossible for so many patches to fix it!?

Agios_Joestar
04-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Do you mind me asking how much you get paid to shill Ubisoft titles? Is it just a part time job or full time?

Controls are the worst in the entire series (Syndicate had similar controls but much more fluid and enjoyable)
God-tier AI will literally break their necks following your location behind cover even though they haven't noticed you yet
I have recordings of snipers spawning right behind me 10ft away on the same rooftop and spotting me mid-heist
Overall sound is painful to listen to. As if everything was recorded with a microphone inside a pillow(Google "AC Unity Sound" and "AC Unity Sound Muffled" is the first auto-complete).
I have a recording of a guard trapped inside some stone and impossible to hit with sword (trash controls only allow weapon swinging with a target present, but the bugged guard didn't register as a target). He tanked gunfire and phantom blades then somehow died to more gunfire.
The game heavily advertised co-op and playing united but almost every single co-op mission in the game is just about killing snipers at least half the time
Group Disguise co-op skill is bugged garbage and does not reset properly
For absolutely no good reason the A button dodges in combat, but also takes cover. This means half the time I end up taking cover while I'm actually trying to dodge incoming fire. Bravo.

GTX1070 TI
i5 9600k
16GB RAM

AC3/Black Flag/etc all ran better (and were better games) even though they came out years before Unity.

The list goes on and on and on.

I'm not getting payed by Ubisoft, I am a simple player like everyone here, and in no way I am defending them completely because I too am bitter about some things they did in the past, but I can't just sit like that and watch posts like these, with ungrateful people that have no idea and spreading bull all over the forums.

About your issues, because, I am confused now...ARE YOU SURE YOU UPDATED THE GAME AT ALL?? DUDE? Because I have none of these things, at all. I didn't even had them in the PS4 after the updates. I have to agree with you in one part only, about how heavily they advertised the game's co-op and instead of having the freedom to get a full co-op experience we only had it in missions, that is something I definitely agree on. My PC specs are DEFINITELY lower than yours.

GTX 970 4GB
i5 4570 3.2 GHz
8GB RAM

And I have absolutely no issues at all. For real. The game works fine as it was supposed to, I'll keep playing though and see if I encounter any game breaking bug like these.

FRRP_Theburn
04-22-2019, 06:52 PM
Jeu avec de beaux graphismes et d'une très bonne fluidité, le problème mise a part les bugs, c'est son optimisation, mon pc tourne entre 88 et 100% du processeur avec mon cpu en turbobooost et les ventilos a fond, j'espère qu'ils vont régler ce problèmes mais j'y ni crois pas du tout , j'ai pas envie de détruire un pc neuf pour un jeux . :furieux:

JKAC2013
04-22-2019, 08:18 PM
Well, aren't you a little ungrateful and "special" person? I assume you don't even know nor do you care about the reason Unity came free in the first place, right?
I admit, when the game came out for the first time, it really needed patches to be playable. Ubisoft patched it completely and it was 100% fine and enjoyable. Platinumed this on PS4 back in the day.
The game also works like a charm and runs too nice and smooth on my computer now, too good actually with all the settings at high/ultra.
The story is really decent, maybe you don't pay enough attention because you don't care, that doesn't mean it sucks.
What player choice? You're playing a linear story about one Assassin and following on his own path, same was with Ezio, same was with Conor, same was with Edward, literally previous AC titles.
Pay attention to what happened to the "real life" of the game with the Abstergo and the previous games, don't just go blindly jumping titles and then coming here badmouthing a decent game.
You can play it and finish it at your own way, for sure, but that doesn't justify you in any way and nobody cares. You don't even have the right to be entitled, since the game was provided to you for free and you just grabbed it like a thirsty poor junkie on the subway street of NY, trying to get their monthly free dose of drug.

The game is worth it. There are other, way worse games out there that came out after that title, from other companies, but I don't see people knowitall like you talking smack behind their screens about them.

Respect the game.
Respect the developers.
Get a life.

This! :)

I can not take his criticism seriously when he express his opinion with such dirty words.

Agios_Joestar
04-22-2019, 09:22 PM
This! :)

I can not take his criticism seriously when he express his opinion with such dirty words.

Indeed, I bet this user is like one of the main reasons Ubisoft have the policy to not share their games in Steam libraries either. I don't like white knighting and defending big gaming companies, Ubisoft is one of them and I am not afraid to say that here, but I also have the logic and the respect to admit Ubisoft is really trying their hardest most of the times to do something great. Providing AC Unity for free for a week just to raise Notre Dame's news and show their own way of supporting by donating money at the same time is already like them, grabbing a knife and shoving it at their guts, and then we have the typical trash gamer here and his friends, talking smack about the game. Like, okay, dude, you don't like it? You have problems with it? Move on and do your thing. Don't come with attitude at the forums and badmouth a damn free game that you got and have no idea how to appreciate it.

It's one thing if you payed money, got no updates, no support, and developers bailed on you.
It's one thing if you payed money, got all updates and support and developers listened and apologized to you.
It's one thing if you got the game completely for free with all the updates and the support still listening to you and helping you.

But it's a ****ty thing to get something for free with all the updates and whatnot, and keep having the nerve to come here and make it a big deal like you payed for it and had no updates or support at all. This is so ****ty and entitled, so, no, If I hate greedy companies once, I do despise and hate more gamers like the users above.

Drydog2000
04-23-2019, 02:18 AM
Has anyone else got stuck on the bellec confrontation memory? I can't get past the second "MASH the 'E' button" prompt. no matter what I do nothing changes. I've seen ppl say " download this cheat engine and solve the problem in a SNAP" but id rather not sell my soul to the internet.

RobertEmerald
04-23-2019, 02:55 AM
Ace-Valentine,Think and read before you speak, but that would be impossible for you. So long and enjoy your eternal stay on my ignore list!

RobertEmerald
04-23-2019, 02:58 AM
JKAC2013, Enjoy your stay on my ignore list as well. May you and Ace be eternally happy in your blissful ignorance. So long!

JKAC2013
04-23-2019, 05:00 AM
JKAC2013, Enjoy your stay on my ignore list as well. May you and Ace be eternally happy in your blissful ignorance. So long!

You can criticize a game without abuse the developers, thats no ignorance i only draw attention that you can better your pronunciation.

Ignore List? Your acting like a Child.

Agios_Joestar
04-23-2019, 05:04 AM
Ace-Valentine,Think and read before you speak, but that would be impossible for you. So long and enjoy your eternal stay on my ignore list!

That's all you can say, because you're an entitled, ungrateful butthurt little mutt. You can put me in your ignore list, because that's your sign of facing the truth and humiliation in public, to try to run away like a sissy coward and backtalking behind your screen. Grow up and with it, grow some common sense and respect for people giving you stuff for free, stupid kid.

cawatrooper9
04-23-2019, 04:13 PM
That's enough.

Forum rules can be found here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1893855-Forum-Rules!), if you need to brush up on them.

Otherwise, let's get back on topic.

JeyzeeNovotny
04-23-2019, 09:53 PM
Hi there,
I have an issue with sound in Unity. After a few minutes of playing, sounds of characters voice and effects like footsteps and sword and other stuff goes to mute. Restarting the game helps for that few minutes of play and it occures again and again. Did somebody solve this kind of issue? Thnx

W10
i7 8770k
GeForce GTX 970
16 G RAM at 3200Mhz
All drivers actual date

Zero_CN_Reaper
04-24-2019, 05:34 AM
How do you get Unity for free?
Have seen and heard it's free in the Uplay store till i think the 25th but it's showing up as $29.99
I am a little confused.:confused:

Zero_CN_Reaper
04-24-2019, 05:38 AM
Sorry for double post.

Had i known my text would be clumped that close together i would have spaced it better.

Course a edit comment option would have worked but didn't see one.

RobertEmerald
04-24-2019, 09:49 PM
The game is showing up as free and is the 6th game shown on the UPLAY store page. If you want to edit a comment, just click on the + sign located on the right side of Reply.