PDA

View Full Version : I think Assassin's creed has to much on it's plate right now

LeapofFaith33
06-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Ok so first off we have AC:R. This is a huge game that needs to come out to continue the franchise. Then we have AC3. Whoever is working on that has alot on their plate from the start. Also we have prokect legacy that has been saying it will update soon for about like 6 months now. Then there is all the mechandise....especially the artbook, when is that coming out! Plus they might even make a new comic book? Maybe.

Don't get me wrong i love AC but maybe they got too much going on at once. What do you all think?

Conniving_Eagle
06-11-2011, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't mind them delaying Revelations. They made it in 361 days for ****'s sake. Plus, SO MANY GAMES ARE COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER and the fall season alone. Even if I do get it, I will be pre-occupied with BF3, GoW3, Elder Scrolls:V, and MW3. I never understood why they release in November. If they want to make a new record sales, or record sales in a week; sell it in a month where there's no good games or less games coming out. I think it should come out this winter (Jan-March).

albertwesker22
06-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ConnivingEagle:
I wouldn't mind them delaying Revelations. They made it in 361 days for ****'s sake. Plus, SO MANY GAMES ARE COMING OUT IN NOVEMBER and the fall season alone. Even if I do get it, I will be pre-occupied with BF3, GoW3, Elder Scrolls:V, and MW3. I never understood why they release in November. If they want to make a new record sales, or record sales in a week; sell it in a month where there's no good games or less games coming out. I think it should come out this winter (Jan-March).

AC is a top franchise now. Ubisoft made a point back in 2009 that they were not intimidated by COD and the like.

PhiIs1618033
06-11-2011, 12:38 PM
November is release month because of Christmas. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

xx-pyro
06-11-2011, 01:17 PM
You realize that it's not Ubisoft Montreal making the game, comic books, merchandise, etc, right? There's like 3 studios working on Revelations alone.

masterfenix2009
06-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Yes. The Ubi team is very very big. Say a team worked on the freerunning aspect of brotherhood. Once that was finished, some moved on to other parts of BH, and others moved on to revelations. Even now some of their team is on AC3.

Assassin_M
06-11-2011, 01:43 PM
yeah i think its like 1 studio was working on Brotherhood andthe others on 2, then 2 on AC III and the rest on Revelations

reini03
06-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
You realize that it's not Ubisoft Montreal making the game, comic books, merchandise, etc, right? There's like 3 studios working on Revelations alone.

It's actually 6 (!) studios. Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Massive, Ubisoft Quebec, Ubisoft Singapore and Ubisoft Bucharest. And that's a single game.

lukaszep
06-11-2011, 04:13 PM
I think they might want to slow it down a bit with the games. If they really wanted to make them frequent they should at least take it to every year and a half, even if they do have 6 studios working on it.
Stuff like Project Legacy is done by a different department to everything else i'm assuming, and it's no where near as demanding as a full game. The books comics etc. are either done externally or at Ubiworkshop, so i don't feel concerned about quality or anything.
Thing is, after AC2 Ubisoft realized it had a hit they started throwing everything at it. Now let's imagine the AC franchise is a cow. Eventually, when they've thrown so much stuff at the cow, it's gonna get brain damage and die. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif If AC3 is coming out November 2012, the cow will die, because i don't see a numbered game being full quality and up to par with AC and AC2 with only a years production time. Unfortunately.

masterfenix2009
06-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
I think they might want to slow it down a bit with the games. If they really wanted to make them frequent they should at least take it to every year and a half, even if they do have 6 studios working on it.
Stuff like Project Legacy is done by a different department to everything else i'm assuming, and it's no where near as demanding as a full game. The books comics etc. are either done externally or at Ubiworkshop, so i don't feel concerned about quality or anything.
Thing is, after AC2 Ubisoft realized it had a hit they started throwing everything at it. Now let's imagine the AC franchise is a cow. Eventually, when they've thrown so much stuff at the cow, it's gonna get brain damage and die. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif If AC3 is coming out November 2012, the cow will die, because i don't see a numbered game being full quality and up to par with AC and AC2 with only a years production time. Unfortunately. You do realise while people were still working on brotherhood. They were probably making Ac3. You act like they are making them one at a time.They aren't.