PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading roads from dirt to stone suggestion

Arctaviun
04-19-2019, 08:12 AM
I don't know if anyone else has this issue but when trying to upgrade a dirt path that has had a railroad built over it already I have to delete the railroad section place the brick road and then replace the track. Since I played in hard mode most of the time I learnt this from the one normal play through that I started with and made sure to do it first but I am not sure why it should not just auto upgrade that section of road to stone without having to delete it first (especially in hard, which would be impossible if you made this mistake). It seems like a bit of a stupid and easy fix, if anyone knows another way to do this or to not have it happen some feedback would be appreciated (I mean once it's already done, not by pre-planning it, which is what I have been doing since I realised the mistake on an earlier hard-mode play through).

nosnibor2000
04-21-2019, 05:48 PM
Along these same lines.... It would be nice to be able to have roads and rails occupy more than just one tile crisscrossed. Real world there are plenty of cities that have a city tram going down the same street as cars. Reason being it's really irritating once you get to engineers needing to move whole streets in the middle of town so you can make room for rails.

Anymn
04-27-2019, 09:46 AM
Yes and no. I think it would be welcome if I can upgrade my dirt roads into stone, even when a train track is involved. But I LOVE the fact that I need to re-arrange my town for building a train. It adds a bit of satisfaction after you build it that way.

luftm
04-27-2019, 10:39 AM
well. that's one of the game mechanics, to have to re-arrange your buildings from time to time to make best use of new buildings/technology