PDA

View Full Version : How to use the Japanese gunsights

Philipscdrw
10-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Hello all

Someone asks this every hour it seems.

To use the gunsights on the Japanese planes, you have to press Ctrl-D to remove the lense cover.

Philipscdrw
10-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Hello all

Someone asks this every hour it seems.

To use the gunsights on the Japanese planes, you have to press Ctrl-D to remove the lense cover.

Chuck_Older
10-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Sticky please

MEGILE
10-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Press CTRL+D you NOOB!!!! ... oooh you're telling us how to do it.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

RBJ_fan_1138
10-30-2004, 04:01 PM
You are a noob. I am such an ace, I have reassigned all my keys to suit me. When people talk about 'F6 view' I don't know what they are talking about, because my ego is so advanced that it just doesn't care.

Stiglr
10-30-2004, 04:07 PM
RBJ, when you gonna shave that unibrow? You look more simian and neanderthal than Johnny Damon did before his haircut.

======================
Well, Oleg had to have his "annoy the Germans" gunsight trick, now he's foisted one upon the Japanese.

Even if he did manage to code in something as stupid and unnecessary as a "coverable telescopic gunsight", the least he could do was assume the pilot does want to be able to look through the sight, and make it necessary to push the STILL UNDOCUMENTED command to cover and obscure the sight.

Now, if he did that, how many people would bother to cover the sight during a mission for any reason? Yep, NONE. Just goes to show how incredibly useless this command is.

And, if we're going to be fair and evenhanded about this, why don't all the other planes with reflector gunsights have to hit a command to actually turn on their gunsight lights (you did have to do that, you know). Or charge the guns? Or c-ock the gun handles? This isn't modelled, so why suddenly do we decide to "blind the Japanese" pilots with a superfluous and hidden command sequence? It doesn't make any SENSE.

As for detail, well, I'd rather see energy bleed be more accurate, as well as certain planes' climb and roll rates, than for the technical aspects of using the gunsight.

More misplaced eye candy, while detail in the important areas of flying and fighting suffer.

Philipscdrw
10-30-2004, 04:12 PM
You are silly Stigler. Why are you arguing with your alt?

And the Japanese gunsight blocker. This uses the same module as the German gunsight screen (why is that annoying? It is frequently useful. Better to have it than not to have it.) And it is useful: it stops insects and dirt from getting on your gunsight. That's very important.

Yes, it could be better documented, but IIRC it is in the readme file. Readme files are recommended reading for all end users.

Philipscdrw
10-30-2004, 04:16 PM
And it is easy to put a lense cover into the Japanese planes, because it uses EXACTLY the same code as the gunsight dimmer. But correcting flight model discrepancies that come from the core of the flight engine or graphics glitches that are irredeemably combined with the graphics engine are very very hard to do, and every change sets off a chain of bugs.

EURO_Snoopy
10-30-2004, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
Sticky please <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's in the FAQ!

Philipscdrw
10-30-2004, 04:22 PM
No-one reads the FAQ!!!!!

Someone has just asked about the A-20 parafrags!!!

AARGHH!!!

MEGILE
10-30-2004, 04:34 PM
It's true.. most people just think, FAQ off...

Philipscdrw
10-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Megile you registered 6 days after I did. Isn't that marvellous?

People will read the FAQ, but some won't.

MEGILE
10-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Phil, that is indeed truly marvelous... did we just cross the border in to Spam territory? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Tater-SW-
10-30-2004, 04:54 PM
The SBD-3s had a terrible problem with their telescopic sights and the humidity. They'd be at 10-15k on ingress (cold up there) then when they dove, water would condense on/in the optics, fogging the sights. Was a common complaint that they'd have had better bombing results if they didn't have to just guess after their sights fogged. Doubt we'll see that.

tater